Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline tyres discussion

• 08-04-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

For those who can stand sitting through more headshop shte, there will be a caller who got failed on their NCT due to non type approved tyres, the E was missing. liveline from 1.45

Is anyone aware of non approved tyres lurking on the market? Dunno if she got the tyres from a dealer or over the interweb, no doubt that'll be mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds epic :D

1270732094069749100.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

An expensive mistake, so I'd say she felt "outraged Joe!"

sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I haven't heard of this before but I have heard of DOE failures due to using tyres which were incorrectly rated for the vehicle.

We're getting off lightly, some countries need all the lights to be E marked as well. big trouble for people with Japanese imported cars. hopefully they don't go down that route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump its on now, the tyres came from a Nissan dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mike65 wrote: »
    Bump its on now, the tyres came from a Nissan dealer.

And they never heard about the change....LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    sure!

sure! sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I was speaking to a guy who sell tyres and fits them and told him i might get some from camskill. He said he'd fit them but to make sure that they are E marked as he had a few people come in with tyres that were not E marked and he wouldn't fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Have the nct next week and just had a quick look at the tyres, there is E4 marks on 3 and a E8 mark on the other. Its a astra btw. What E marks should i have or are the above grand.

• Advertisement

I think any e mark will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

JoeySully wrote: »
    I was speaking to a guy who sell tyres and fits them and told him i might get some from camskill. He said he'd fit them but to make sure that they are E marked as he had a few people come in with tyres that were not E marked and he wouldn't fit them.

Why wouldn't he fit them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

So they could send them back I imagine or else to prevent them coming back bitching to him that he had fitted them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Advertisement