Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband companies.

• 08-04-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

What broadband companies are there available in Ireland?

Ignoring Eircom, digiweb and icebroadband for obvious reasons ;)

Also ignoring magnet, 3g and vodafone.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

O2 UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I knew I forgot one. UPC, they're no good to me either... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Clearwire.

Any reason you're ignoring the companies you've listed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You've ignored pretty much everyone. What's the point?

• Advertisement

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Clearwire.

Any reason you're ignoring the companies you've listed?

Oh, forgot about clearwire, thanks for the suggestion but I would never go back to them.

Each company has it's problems.

Clearwire = blocked ports, so it's useless to me plus I cannot download anything. Good for browsing, that's all.

Eircom = over charge for an under performing product. They also have a cap. The package they offer is not too bad, but there are better products for a lower cost out there.

Digiweb = possible the worst ISP I have been with to date. They charged me 4 months after my contract was up, from my credit card. No thanks.

O2 - Little experience with them, but they are also not great. They have a cap, it's slow and unreliable.

Icebroadband - very bad service. Always problems with their masts or whatever. There's always "maintanance" or the likes.

3G - They have a cap and don't have a great track record.

Vodafone - Also has a cap. Overpriced for what it is.

Magnet - Unable to get it in my area, unless I get a phone line in. I would love to go back with magnet, I rarely if ever, had a problem with their package or customer service. By far the best internet provider in the country, if you are in the right place of course. To go with magnet, I have to rent the line off eircom, which I rather not do, but I am contemplating it.

A part from these companies, I don't know of any others that provide broadband. I am not looking for mobile broadband. I don't mind a cap so much if the price is relatively decent. Prefer my broadband to actually be broadband and not the equivelant to a 56K at peak times. 48/1 contention ratio? No thanks.

jor el wrote: »
    You've ignored pretty much everyone. What's the point?

Do you have a problem with my post? Have you anything to add to the topic or are you just trolling in your own forum?

Get your facts straight before you accuse me of "ignoring" these companies. I am not, "ignoring" them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

What broadband companies are there available in Ireland?

Cheers.
    Do you have a problem with my post? Have you anything to add to the topic or are you just trolling in your own forum?

Get your facts straight before you accuse me of "ignoring" these companies. I am not, "ignoring" them...

but you said that you were going to ignore them - i'm confused??

Really? In your opening post you said that you are ignoring pretty much every broadband company in Ireland, so yes, I have a problem with this thread.

Get your own facts straight, and stop the trolling yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think it's because you've basically eliminated all the ISPs bar for UPC :D hence his reply.

What's the problem with UPC?

• Advertisement

He's also ignoring UPC.

You didn't get the answer you wanted when you posted this only 2 days ago, so you're probably not going to get it now. Any reason why you couldn't stick with that thread, or is it just me you have a personal problem with? The answer still remains the same; you're looking for something that doesn't exist.

Really? In your opening post you said that you are ignoring pretty much every broadband company in Ireland, so yes, I have a problem with this thread.

Get your own facts straight, and stop the trolling yourself.

I did use the term ignore, but you do know what a metaphor is, right?

The reasons have ignored these isps are above in clear view.
    Berkut wrote: »
    I think it's because you've basically eliminated all the ISPs bar for UPC :D hence his reply.

What's the problem with UPC?

There are more than the few I listed, I don't know them all and came here looking for advice. UPC are not in the area for some reason, they have customers on the street next to me but I cannot get it in my house, only digital TV.
    He's also ignoring UPC.

You didn't get the answer you wanted when you posted this only 2 days ago, so you're probably not going to get it now. Any reason why you couldn't stick with that thread, or is it just me you have a personal problem with? The answer still remains the same; you're looking for something that doesn't exist.

Eh, did you even read your post before you pressed submit reply? You told me to try again. Which I did, and now you are challanging me on it? You want me to reply to your post in that?

You think I have a personal problem with you? Who exactly are you? Do I know you? Have I ever spoke to you before? Maybe the problem doesn't lie with me? Talk about egos... lol.

Again, stop trolling. I am seeking information from people who have it. As you can see, people have suggested ISPs already.

Now, do you want me to tell you how to do your job? Pick it up in PM's if you have any further problems with me or my threads. Otherwise, add to the conversation instead of trolling. Getting this rubbish from another user is one thing, but from a mod?

Eh, did you even read your post before you pressed submit reply? You told me to try again. Which I did, and now you are challanging me on it? You want me to reply to your post in that?

I left that thread open so you could continue it there, and compose your post in a way that doesn't involve profanities and slander.

Apart from that, that thread would suffice, and since you can't remain civil in this thread, it's closed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So you want Broadband but your not prepared to use any of the providers in Ireland affectively?

Honestly your only option is move to another country, nobodys trolling you its just that your not making sense when you rule out everybody and then say that your ignoring companys but then state that you are not.

Frankly its all very pointless

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement