Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do UPC provide a good delivery service ??

• 08-04-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Am waiting over aweek for delivery after they sent it to my home instead of work address.
    Anyone else have similar problems, is this the norm??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Am waiting over aweek for delivery after they sent it to my home instead of work address.
    Anyone else have similar problems, is this the norm??

I rang them for a price and 2 days later they were out to fit the broadband for me. Not the brightest bunch ;) When you do actually get it, it's ok. Apart from their contention ratio and the 56K type internet browsing for the most part. Downloads and uploads are great, but if you are using this to simply browse the net, prepare to be dissapointed.

You will want to change the settings on your router for DNS primary and secondary. They put the majority of their customers on the same DNS servers, so at peak times you would be better off with a 56K modem for browsing, and that's no joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I rang them for a price and 2 days later they were out to fit the broadband for me. Not the brightest bunch ;) When you do actually get it, it's ok. Apart from their contention ratio and the 56K type internet browsing for the most part. Downloads and uploads are great, but if you are using this to simply browse the net, prepare to be dissapointed.

You will want to change the settings on your router for DNS primary and secondary. They put the majority of their customers on the same DNS servers, so at peak times you would be better off with a 56K modem for browsing, and that's no joke.
    :confused:

UPC are easily one of the best BB providers in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Iolar wrote: »
    What area are u in mate cos i find them excellent,never had any problems with speeds etc :S

Carlow. My mates have UPC and they are in the exact same position. We both changed our DNS servers and now it's fine. The download speeds are not a problem and never have been. Just the browsing and we have had some problems with games.
    :confused:

UPC are easily one of the best BB providers in the country.

They are one of the best, that's no doubt, but everybody will experience the company and their products differently. We had to change some settings on the router to optimise performance. It never disconnects, the browsing is much faster and the downloads are the same. :P

Personally I think magnet is the best, but each to their own ;)

Advertisement