Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yessss

Options
  • 08-04-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I want one of these....:D follow link provided http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_vinci.php

Anyone know what kinda dosh one could/should expect to pay for one of the above in this crazy country?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

They look nice, but i'd have to ask myself does it do anything better than a Beretta 391 series or than just being different.

I know that the 391s are gas operated and these babies are inertia operated, thus should not require as much cleaning, but at the end of the day if you fork out say €1500 for a semi auto shotgun, you will clean it regardless of how it works:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Jonty wrote: »
    They look nice, but i'd have to ask myself does it do anything better than a Beretta 391 series or than just being different.

I know that the 391s are gas operated and these babies are inertia operated, thus should not require as much cleaning, but at the end of the day if you fork out say €1500 for a semi auto shotgun, you will clean it regardless of how it works:D
    Agree 100% Jonty, it's the appearance I think that is to die for and that the cleaning is also a little easier. Some of the reviews online lean towards the beretta extrema though and most of them are referring to reliability.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not knocking the gun (never had one), but a mate bought a Benelli about 3 years age. It was a Kiteog and looked the dogs b*****. Problem is she would not cycle some rounds and did not like anything from 28gr or under. I know thats a low enough shell, but she was a 5 shot and would always jam on the 5th regardless of cartridge.

I know he got shot of it soon after, and it could have been a lemon. He went for a Browning afterwards (O/U). As said at the start i'm not knocking the gun as i've never owned one nor do i know anyone else that has. My mate paid €1850 for his.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Not knocking the gun (never had one), but a mate bought a Benelli about 3 years age. It was a Kiteog and looked the dogs b*****. Problem is she would not cycle some rounds and did not like anything from 28gr or under. I know thats a low enough shell, but she was a 5 shot and would always jam on the 5th regardless of cartridge.

I know he got shot of it soon after, and it could have been a lemon. He went for a Browning afterwards (O/U). As said at the start i'm not knocking the gun as i've never owned one nor do i know anyone else that has. My mate paid €1850 for his.
    Thanks for the reply mate, exactly what I'm lookin for is cons rather than pros, as I see it all guns have their pros but it's more important to know their cons/faults. Anyway, do you know Ezri if it was gas or inertia operated and if that was the problem?
    Cheers again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think all Benellis are recoil operated, whereas the only recoil operated Beretta is the ES100 I Believe.

A mate has an extrema 2 and it cycles 24gram loads no bother. Personally I find it a pig of a yoke for clays but he's a big lad so it suits him. If I wanted an auto for clays I'd be looking at a Teknys 391.

• Advertisement

kay 9 wrote: »
    ...... if it was gas or inertia operated and if that was the problem?......

Gas. (i think)

Never did find out the cause. The dealer told him to use a heavier round...:eek:

Personally i don't know whether it was just a lemon of a gun or there is a fault with the cycling mechanism of the gun. Either way it was gone......fast.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Would agree with Jonty. Beretta AL 391. Brilliant. Simple as.

Cheers lads, reliability is as important as appearance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Kay 9, I had a Benelli a couple of years ago. Nice gun and I shot well enough with it.
    Only problem was it wouldn't cycle reliably with anything less than a 32g shell.

I changed it for an O/U. If you want a semi auto though it's very hard to beat a Beretta but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Buy Beretta, Buy once.

I,ve had a few semi's over the years and all barr the AL391 i have now failed to cycle at one point or another, sometimes even with heavier loads. I have the Beretta for 8 years now and, hand on heart i can say that it has never let me down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement