Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run - traffic query

Options
  • 08-04-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

The Great Limerick Run will be on Sunday the 2nd May, from 9am. The course closes at 4PM. From reading their website ( www.greatlimerickrun.com) there will be 3 different events, with different routes for each event.
    Im just wandering will there be implications for travelling by car in Limerick on the day?
    I cant see anything on their website about this, maybe if any connected with this event sees this, they could reply and let me know?
    My daughter is supposed to be attending her confirmation event on Limerick on that day, and we are worried now that we wont be able get into town!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Having looked at the route, I am now very interested. I rang the number on the site and they told me that the routes will be closed to all traffic from 8 am to 5 pm on the day of the event. They said they will be notifying residents of traffic restrictions by post next week. I can post the details when I get them if you want.

I am really annoyed, because from what I was told, not only will the road I live on be closed for the day, I will also be boxed in on all four sides with no way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You and me out in the burbs as well.... think I may make a break for it on the Friday and take off for the weekend - who wants to be housebound on a Bank Holiday Sunday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

You know, I thought the same thing but I am already going away the weekend before.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

sure take off the bank hol w/e too!

Advertisement