Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Lol no bother!

I've been renting for the past 4 years so i'm familiar enough with renting / house sharing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I'd be up for meeting up too. Unfortunately i'll be in San Diego from the middle of July til the middle of August but I'd be ok with missing it so long as i get the deets when i'm home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Wow, very jealous! lol

Sure since we're meeting up for more of a meet and greet why don't we meet for early july? That way we can sus everything out and start planning it all. I don't mind looking for places etc while others are away or whatever.

Just wanna meet to see what everyones like to be honest. I've moved into places without knowing the people before and it never worked out well :o Not saying thats gonna happen, just wanna do things proper this time!

Jaysus hope i don't sound like a complete twat here!

If anyone wants to talk some more bout it, add me on facebook or twitter. Both pages are in my profile info :)

Thanks :) Haha and no you don't! It makes lots of sense. I don't wanna be a nuisance or anything!
    Definitely interesting in getting to know you guys if were gonna be under the same roof, so same goes for me (i've a facebook in my profile)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RanFlagg

Yeah, exactly, makes much more sense to have an idea of what kind of people you're going to have to spend however long with beforehand.

also, add me on facebook, fer the craic :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Probiscuit

Hi everyone :), thought I'd jump on the bandwagon here as a recommendation from a friend on this thread also interested in sharing a house this year in Dún Laoighaire. We've just finisged the same PLC course in Waterford. I applied to 3 courses in IADT (Animation; VAP and Visual Communications). . . Didn't really go to the Animation interview so it's hopefully gonna be one of the other two! Ideally I wish to get into Vis. Com. this year. . . . I think I'm okay points-wise so it's the place to shack which is the problem. . ! Just wanted to reply to this thread to let you know I'm definately interested in the house share.
    I look forward to hearing your replies, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Unless my maths have gone out the window that makes seven of us, the bandwagon must be heaving at this point, meeting up sounds like a plan, I'm from Cavan. ;)

Cavan with a wink? Hmmm. . . Dubious. . ! :P A meet up would be good though, wouldn't wanna live with total strangers! Does anyone have any suggestions of which houses are in mind? Like, I'd say if there are 7 of us, there'd have to be two groups, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sirfiachraface

hey probably doing animation next year (depending on lc)
    just wondering would it be possible for an eight person to jump upon this bandwagon? I'd be up for meeting up
    was just checking out some of the accommodation recommended by the college
    some of them would be pretty suitable for 3-5 people house-sharing
    http://www.iadt.ie/en/StudentAccommodation/
    so two groups should be right
    =)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Hi! Oh my I'm from Cavan too ;D

If it's ok can I jump into the bandwagon too? I have absolutely no experience in renting houses and stuff xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Oh btw what points did everyone get?

I'm so scared I won't get in...
    I got 490 in my animation portfolio and leaving cert is pending D'x

I did a PLC course in Art and Design, so I got 420 in my leaving last year and 540 in Visual Communications. . .
    Jaysus, we're gonna need a bigger wagon! :p

Oh btw what points did everyone get?

I'm so scared I won't get in...
    I got 490 in my animation portfolio and leaving cert is pending D'x

I have 550 in my animation portfolio and 400 in LC, dont think the points will go up any further than 850ish (at the highest)!

I was thinking, with the amount of people we would be able to split it into two groups alright, which is faairly handy in case people drop out, find other people or whatever. And when we have like a multi-national group of diverse people like this, it'd be brilliant.

I got 540 points in my portfolio for film and television production ( I seem to be the only one in that field) but i have yet to sit the leaving so who knows where i stand.

Oh, would setting up a group on facebook or something be an idea so we can get everyone on one page or something? Though i know thats sort of whats happenin here

That actually sounds like a good enough idea, since Facebook is personal and all we'd all be able to get an idea of each other. I'm up for joining it anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Megsy

Hey everyone!
    I'm a bit late on the bandwagon here I think but I'd also be interested in a meet up or if there was a facebook group made or something.
    I got 600 points for Costume and Makeup Design and I should hopefully be getting sufficient points in the LC so I'm fairly certain I'll be heading to IADT!
    I know it's early to be looking for accommodation but if anyone wants to message me about it then please feel free to do so. I'd much rather share a house with some students than stay with a family or some random people haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Victorian_Fangs

The Facebook group is a really good idea, who's up for making it? :P
    We seem to have a fair amount of people now, two groups would be great.
    Interested to see how we all get on when we meet up :)
    Would mid July suit? Seems like a good time!

Add me on Facebook if ye want :D

Probiscuit wrote: »
    That actually sounds like a good enough idea, since Facebook is personal and all we'd all be able to get an idea of each other. I'm up for joining it anyway! :)
    You're from New Ross too?? What are the odds! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bluebell2

Hi, a meet up sounds great, at the moment i am still looking for houses but on iadt accommodation list there is a area of apartments for iadt students so i was thinking we can look at them and houses but i think that they are three bed apartments and i think altogether there is around 11 or 12 of us so far, and also we will be all in the same area.

I've gotten 540 in my portfolio for animation XD
    somewhat confident i'll do well in the oul leaving certimificate
    facebook group sounds good
    is it prrhaps a bit too early to start making enquiries about some of the places on the list ?

• Advertisement

You're from New Ross too?? What are the odds! xD

I know, right?! And I thought Ross was a tiny ****hole. . . Oh wait. . It is! :P Sure I probably know you anyway! Whenever someone makes a Facebook group we will see! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bluebell2

Yeah it is quite early to look for accomodation, but have just been looking at the average prices a month, just went through the iadt accommodation list to see what was advertised and it is normally july and august when places come up and also thats the same time to contact people on the list once you have got a place i think.

Alright, I made a facebook page an all that. Jump aboard and it should make it easier for people to discuss and decide things!

Cool stuff, heres the link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131794273501045&v=info#!/group.php?gid=131794273501045&v=info

I'm sorry if I assume everyone has a facebook profile, but unfortunately they've almost conquered the world so chances are everyone does.

I have joined "The Bandwagon"! Haha. Hopefully we can get this thing moving so :)

sweeet i've joined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

I'd love to join the bandwagon but jaysus I've lost count of how many people there are. I'm a cs student myself. Looking to move up near iadt with the girlfriend.

Here's her ad if anyone wants to have a look?

http://www.daft.ie/searchroommates.daft?s%5Bcc_id%5D=ct1&s%5Ba_id%5D=188&s%5Broomtype%5D=1&s%5Brent%5D=600&s%5Bmovein_date%5D=0&s%5Brent_min%5D=600&id=59982&fr=default

There are some great places on daft.ie. So any room for a couple? Or are we shunned once more. ( p.s advantage of givin us a shot is it lowers the rent without taking another room) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spankyb

Ehm Hi i dont mean to bust in on your convo.....im from wexford nd im goin up to dun laogihre too....i dnt know ne1 goin up eeeeeepppp nd i quare cant find accomidation....like i havnt a clue ha!
    does ne1 have any tips on good places to stay up there???:confused: im a bit clueless at the minute??
    oh by the way person wexford above i go to skool or did go to skool in ross too!! only live out the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fifir

Hi, I see a few people here are looking for accommodation. I am going into second year in IADT and have seen a place that is across the road. I've joined the group on Facebook. I have been renting for a few years now and lived with people in college before, so where possible I think its a good idea to have some sense of who your living with. Anyone interested in knowing mor eabout the place I've seen, just PM me. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Hey, I'm helping my boyfriend look around for a house (he tends to procrastinate this),

Ideally as close as possible to the college. He's going into second year Multimedia... theres also a girl he shared with last year who he might share with again, so thats two people for a house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Hi, I'm hopeing to go to IADT next year, planning on moving up with my friend who's going to be going to the Gaeity. We were looking at places in Ranelagh as it's like half way between the two. Would this be alot of hassle if I was going to IADT?

Advertisement