Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroen C4 Keyfob repair/replacement

• 08-04-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

A neighbour of mine has a 2007 Citroen C4 but the fob is no longer working for locking or unlocking the car. No keyhole on the driver side of the car so they have to get in via the passenger side to get to the drivers seat.

Their dealer quote €175 for a replacement fob. I was looking round to see what other options they might have and have come across this UK site.

www.keyfobrepair.co.uk

I don't know if theres anything like this locally. I was considering trying to open the fob and get a battery replacement but I think its a sealed unit.

Any suggestions to help them sort it out would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The fob opens. There is a slot to insert a screwdriver at the bottom near the key ring attachment - gently pry it open and you'll get to the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Thanks for that, I haven't had a chance to even see the fob yet but with luck its just the batttery.

Advertisement