Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend smoking

Options
  • 08-04-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,

So, I've gone from smoking daily down to smoking a box of Amber Leaf or Golden Virgina at the weekend. I smoke when I drink, and when drinking I enjoy smoking :D

So Friday, I buy the tobacco, and start smoking. Then when I'm out on drinking on Friday or Saturday night, I'll be in the smoking area having a pint, chillin' and having a smoke (I do love the chilled out smoking areas).

Sunday to Thursday, I don't smoke. Was an effort at first, but it's easier as I go along. There has been the odd weekend that I haven't smoked, but as I like smoking, these only usually happen during the winter.

I'm wondering is there anyone else out there that has "kind of" given up smoking, bar one or two set days a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

I have a slight different approach, I have a rule now that Im not alowed to smoke before 20:00 , If I want one after that I can but If I dont I wont bother, A 12.5 g of Drum lasts a week....

I find the rolling tobacco a lot cleaner, when I borrow a cig off a mate in the pub they are not as good as they used to be, seem very harsh and smelly compared to the the rolling tobacco

But if your just have a smoke when out drinking you are just a casual/social smoker

Have you tried to give up before, the gotya will be in 9 months when you forget what you tried to give up, also do you cough up all the bad stuff, I remember from a previous attempt that I did cough up loads after I stopped, but not this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Myself and my wife tried a similar approach a few years ago, we didn't smoke unless we were having a drink out.

We realised we were conning ourselves and in danger of becoming alcoholics when we were in the pub straight after work every evening and didn't really care about dinner picking up a bag of chips on the way home.

I'm glad your finding it easier but my experience of partially quitting was hellish

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

delop wrote: »
    But if your just have a smoke when out drinking you are just a casual/social smoker
    No. I smoke if I'm drinking alcohol or tea. Sometimes I'd be at home watching a film, having a drink, and I'd have a smoke.
    delop wrote: »
    Have you tried to give up before, the gotya will be in 9 months when you forget what you tried to give up, also do you cough up all the bad stuff, I remember from a previous attempt that I did cough up loads after I stopped, but not this time....
    Gave it up over the winter there two years back. Lasted 4 or 5 months. Went back smoking on a beautiful sunny day in March. I don't cough up flem if smoking rollie tobacco. Sometimes if smoking other peoples cigarettes (when I run out of tobacco at 2am), I may next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ceduffy

i was the same but now have cut them out totally and feel much better after a few pints

Advertisement