Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jazz Bass Setup required in the Dublin 15 or co Waterford area

• 08-04-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for someone to setup my Fender Jazz bassthat i purchased recently.

The Bass came with quite a high action and after a number of attempts by myself i am unable to lower the action to the level i want without fret buzz.

I am based in Dungarvan, Co Waterford but i am up in Blanch/Clonsilla area one night a week.

Thanks
    Jonathan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

Sounds like your neck may be slightly warped...

Do you know how to use the truss rod on your bass?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

On visual inspection i can't detect any warp. And yes i have adjusted the truss rod (a couple of 1/4 turns only clockwise) but have been unable to setup the bass as i would like.

Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

Where do you get string buzz when you lower the strings?

Low, medium or high frets?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

All strings buzz on 12th fret and upwards.

D string buzzes at 7th fret (all other 3 are ok)

All strings are fins from 6th to 1st fret

Advertisement