Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Keys and Andy Gray caught out...

• 08-04-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042010/58/premier-league-keys-gray-caught-slating-walcott.html

Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray got caught out live on air after a technical glitch meant some of their comments were heard during a match.

Veteran anchor Keys and chief analyst Gray were reportedly heard talking over some feeds of Arsenal's 4-1 defeat in Barcelona on Tuesday criticising Gunners winger Theo Walcott, with Keys also joking about someone's flatulence in the studio.

England international Walcott helped create the opening goal, but had an otherwise disappointing performance at the Camp Nou.

At one point during the match, the 21-year-old went to ground, Keys was heard to say on an online stream of the match: "Get up, you stupid little boy.

"You've been s***e, son, in your daft pink boots - absolute rubbish."

Later on, former TV-am presenter Keys asked studio pundits Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit: "Who's farted? It's not me."

Gray was also heard laying into Walcott on a feed picked up on Dutch television.

The former Everton, Wolves and Aston Villa striker said: "That Walcott's s***e, isn't he?"

With Lionel Messi's sensational first-half hat-trick ending the tie as a contest, Gray's attentions turned to half-time refreshments, and he was also heard asking: "Is someone going to get the teas on?"

A Sky spokesman denied the incidents, saying: "There were no technical issues with the audio on the night.

"On Sky coverage no conversations could be heard behind the live match commentary, and we did not supply any feeds to outside broadcasters. Richard has no reaction."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd rather hear them talk like that in the real commentary than the shíte they usually come out with.

"That Walcott's s***e, isn't he?" - I didn't watch the game but that's probably a far more accurate description of Walcott than whatever they actually said about him on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Esse85 wrote: »
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08042010/58/premier-league-keys-gray-caught-slating-walcott.html

Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray got caught out live on air after a technical glitch meant some of their comments were heard during a match.

Veteran anchor Keys and chief analyst Gray were reportedly heard talking over some feeds of Arsenal's 4-1 defeat in Barcelona on Tuesday criticising Gunners winger Theo Walcott, with Keys also joking about someone's flatulence in the studio.

England international Walcott helped create the opening goal, but had an otherwise disappointing performance at the Camp Nou.

At one point during the match, the 21-year-old went to ground, Keys was heard to say on an online stream of the match: "Get up, you stupid little boy.

"You've been s***e, son, in your daft pink boots - absolute rubbish."

Later on, former TV-am presenter Keys asked studio pundits Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit: "Who's farted? It's not me."

Gray was also heard laying into Walcott on a feed picked up on Dutch television.

The former Everton, Wolves and Aston Villa striker said: "That Walcott's s***e, isn't he?"

With Lionel Messi's sensational first-half hat-trick ending the tie as a contest, Gray's attentions turned to half-time refreshments, and he was also heard asking: "Is someone going to get the teas on?"

A Sky spokesman denied the incidents, saying: "There were no technical issues with the audio on the night.

"On Sky coverage no conversations could be heard behind the live match commentary, and we did not supply any feeds to outside broadcasters. Richard has no reaction."

So they are actual real ppl, not cardboard cutouts then..... Hardly surprising that they go on like everyone else is it? Who was it who made racist comments recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

M5 wrote: »
    So they are actual real ppl, not cardboard cutouts then..... Hardly surprising that they go on like everyone else is it? Who was it who made racist comments recently?

Nick Griffin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

peabutler wrote: »
    Nick Griffin ?

lol

Was Ron Atkinson i was thinking of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Doesn't surprise me. Keys has a history of this thing with that stuff he said before one of Scotland's matches. Unlike Lineker, Chiles, Stubbs, Bill O' etc. and other station presenters I think Keys comes across totally disingenuous and rather unpleasant. Much prefer Stelling to be Sky's main host than that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Not as bad as that Jim White pr*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Osu wrote: »
    Not as bad as that Jim White pr*ck.
    AKA Mr Shouty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Ever since Keys and Redknapp laughed at Samir Nasri when he was praying at half-time on his debut, I've had no time for him.

In this case, he's probably right. But still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Doesn't surprise me. Keys has a history of this thing with that stuff he said before one of Scotland's matches. Unlike Lineker, Chiles, Stubbs, Bill O' etc. and other station presenters I think Keys comes across totally disingenuous and rather unpleasant. Much prefer Stelling to be Sky's main host than that guy.

Love Jeff to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kamara ftw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Love Jeff to bits.

Yeah I'd say he's a fun guy to sit down and have a drink with. Especially if he brings Rachel Riley with him. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If Dunphy doesn't call someone crap it makes news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Ever since Keys and Redknapp laughed at Samir Nasri when he was praying at half-time on his debut, I've had no time for him.

Ever since he laughed at me for eating haggis, I've had no time for him :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

fingers crossed the two of them get the sack...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was just about to say the same thing. Watching football on sky with the 2 of those twats really makes it so painful. Obviously they won't, as even if it did happen it isn't really news, but it would cheer me up no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Why would they get the sack? It's not as though they called him a 'lazy n*****'.

Walcott is s**te though and I cannot understand the hype about him so I couldn't blame them. He is basically a faster version of Jermaine Pennant (but possibly even more useless).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Ever since he laughed at me for eating haggis, I've had no time for him :mad:

that true? cant say that and leave us without a story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

They should give the job to Sarah Jane Mee.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

5starpool wrote: »
    I was just about to say the same thing. Watching football on sky with the 2 of those twats really makes it so painful. Obviously they won't, as even if it did happen it isn't really news, but it would cheer me up no end.

The upside would be no more Final Word and missing the 1st half of Spanish games in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Walcott is s**te though and I cannot understand the hype about him so I couldn't blame them. He is basically a faster version of Jermaine Pennant (but possibly even more useless).

But they're the one's who have CREATED the hype about him - so why not blame them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Laois_Man wrote: »
    But they're the one's who have CREATED the hype about him - so why not blame them?

Was it not Peter Pantless that started the hype about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jazzy wrote: »
    that true? cant say that and leave us without a story :)

Yes true, was a few years ago in Cardiff for the FA Cup semi final, was staying in the same hotel as the Sky Sports team, anyway was getting breakfast and Richard Keys and some other sky sports guys were in front of me, I was dishing up a good bit of haggis( beautiful stuff) and Richard Keys turned to me and said what's that!! he didn't seem to know what haggis was, so explained to him, he started laughing but more in are you mad for eating that way(you needed to be there really :P)

On a side note, Alan Smith, Paul Walsh and Sir Bobby, were well well sound, no sign of Andy Gray though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

OPENROAD wrote: »
    no sign of Andy Gray though.
    Lie in with Jamie?

Advertisement