Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just as I feared, metacritic is filling up with lots of positive reviews. I really didn't want to be buying anything other than UFC for the foreseeable future. That may have to change. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

EGriff wrote: »
    Weird that eurogamer only gave it an 8. It's been getting high 9s and 10s from everywhere else.
    Though reading through the article you'd think the score at the end was gonna be a 9, they didn't have too many complaints.

Eurogamer are always dicks tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Weird that eurogamer only gave it an 8. It's been getting high 9s and 10s from everywhere else.
    Though reading through the article you'd think the score at the end was gonna be a 9, they didn't have too many complaints.

It was a poorly written review imo. I was thinking to myself they will hardly give a 10 will they. Then to just see an 8 thrown up there after a review full of praise was quite strange.

Have to say though they were the only ones close with the splinter cell review. Good game but how so many gave it a 9 was crazy.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Only 8/10 eurogamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

averaging at 93% after 12 reviews, anybod know good or reliable eurogamer are at revuewing games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Eurogamer are normally extremely harsh though, 8/10 is a great score from them and wouldnt let it put you off the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fizman wrote: »
    Just as I feared, metacritic is filling up with lots of positive reviews. I really didn't want to be buying anything other than UFC for the foreseeable future. That may have to change. :(

GF getting this for me for my birthday and will be trading Bad Company 2 for UFC at end of the month. These should both be keeping me going for a while! Sick of watching bad quality streams, can't wait to play this in glorious HD. Only thing uncertain is if there will be any problems online..friends can't join, lag, etc. Hope all goes smoothly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭McGrath5

This looks amazing!! I saw earlier HMV will be doing it for €45 so that looks like a decent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭rizzla

I've been avoiding any possible spoilers about this game but have 1 question. Will the Ps3 or X360 have any exclusive content?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This looks amazing!! I saw earlier HMV will be doing it for €45 so that looks like a decent deal.

It's in the shops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

hmm I think I better wait til my exams are over before I pick this up! :p Looks really good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

rizzla wrote: »
    I've been avoiding any possible spoilers about this game but have 1 question. Will the Ps3 or X360 have any exclusive content?

PS3 has some extra content but I don't think its earth shattering. A new cowboy hat and an extra building I think is all. I'll double check for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

same here exams finish friday the day the game comes out :) the only thing im slightly annoyed about is the lack of stuff they kept in freeroam all the minigames are out and i think trains and bank robbing are as well :( was looking forward to a nice change of pace instead of constantly shooting each other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jayteecork wrote: »
    It's in the shops?

No. Not till Friday.:(

Opps didn't notice the previous post explained that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone have any prices for it? Amazon seems to be the cheapest online retailer but prob wont get delivery till tuesday at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

For some reason i had'nt read much about this game but after reading about it in the eurogamer review i'm definitely going to get it. Sounds like a great game. The multiplayer sounds good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Does anyone think the special edition is worth the extra money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Nemanja91 wrote: »

I'd suggest you just buy the standard retail version for €45. I dont think paying extra for some novelty items, that you really dont need is worth it. I think the game is going to be fantastic and i cant wait to get it on Friday, its all about the game for me.

Dont be fooled by the shiny special edition, just get the game and spend the extra money on a take away the day you get the game, that means more game playing time, and less time trying to decide what to cook for dinner :p

Weird that eurogamer only gave it an 8. It's been getting high 9s and 10s from everywhere else..

Dont let that put you off. I've enjoyed loads of games that received 8/10 or less from Eurogamer
    Gears of War
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    InFamous (7/10)
    Bioshock 2
    FF 12
    FF 13
    Gran Turismo 4
    Halo
    Portal
    Resident evil (gamecube)
    The Orange Box
    Alan Wake (7/10)

To name but a few :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone have any prices for it? Amazon seems to be the cheapest online retailer but prob wont get delivery till tuesday at the earliest.

If you order it now you could get it by Friday.

I pre-ordered Alan Wake. Amazon shipped it last Wednesday so I got it by Friday which was release day and that was with the free shipping option.

I ordered RDR with The Hut on Friday for £35.99 plus £.99 shipping and they shipped my copy on Monday afternoon so it looks like I will have it a day or two early.:) I think the price has gone up since last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Nemanja91 wrote: »

I considered it, but as someone on a different thread pointed out, all those "bonuses" can probably be earned in-game so if it's such the good game it's meant to be, it'll be better to have to earn the bonuses. And even if they're not in the game, you don't want to have the game being too easy for you and no challenge with ALL the challenges.

War horse, double fame, double bullet-time thingy, the game would be too easy.

And I know there's a soundtrack, but its a score, and odds on you'll listen to it once.

My two cents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rizzla wrote: »

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65899193&postcount=104

Special outfit which I posted in a previous thread, and a "gang hideout" which I assume won't exactly be a massive deal.

But yes, the PS3 has more content, albeit quite small extras :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭rizzla

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65899193&postcount=104

Special outfit which I posted in a previous thread, and a "gang hideout" which I assume won't exactly be a massive deal.

But yes, the PS3 has more content, albeit quite small extras :)

Thanks, nothing major so. I'll be going for the xbox version, the ps3 joypad hurts after awhile playing especially if i have to use the triggers a bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

anyone know of any places that will sell this game early i really want it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone know if the gamestops in ireland are doing a midnight release for this? They are in the uk afaik!

Edit: Just seen this on metacritic from NZGamer who are usually fairly critical in their reviews:

On a personal note, this reviewer has a new favourite of all time: see ya later, Ocarina... we had some good times.... [RDD is] NZGamer.com's first ever, and eminently deserving, ten out of ten. Play it until the credits roll. And then keep on going.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If you order it now you could get it by Friday.

I pre-ordered Alan Wake. Amazon shipped it last Wednesday so I got it by Friday which was release day and that was with the free shipping option.

I ordered RDR with The Hut on Friday for £35.99 plus £.99 shipping and they shipped my copy on Monday afternoon so it looks like I will have it a day or two early.:) I think the price has gone up since last week.

The hut is 35 and so is amazon. Does anyone know if i order it now will it be delivered on Friday. I preordered from amazon before for a friday release and didnt get it till tuesday the following week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone know if the gamestops in ireland are doing a midnight release for this? They are in the uk afaik!

I dont know about GameStop but I was in Game in Dundrum yesterday and I was told there is no midnight launch there Thurs nite :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I dont know about GameStop but I was in Game in Dundrum yesterday and I was told there is no midnight launch there Thurs nite :(

Midnight launches are not good when you have to be in work at 8am..

er... <cough> <splutter> ,
    Sorry boss, I got the trots.

padair wrote: »

I remember booking the next off after the midnight launch of GTA 4, that was great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

padair wrote: »

I've got friday off for a separate reason entirely, but I may re-schedule that :cool:

Advertisement