Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

anyone know of any places that will sell this game early i really want it now

Maybe Tesco's, Ring a few and find out is it in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Gametrailers Review:

I am counting down the hours until this game. This is by far the most excited I have been since GTA4... Just hope this does a better job of living up to the hype. Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Gametrailers Review:

I am counting down the hours until this game. This is by far the most excited I have been since GTA4... Just hope this does a better job of living up to the hype. Roll on Friday!

Me too. It's going to rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Just got the game this morning and its great so far, really deserving of the reviews its getting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

how'd ya get it early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Might order on line as i got mod nation racers and im buying Alan wake today so i can hold off on this till next week (when the missus is working nights !!)Would prefer to pay under 40 incase thi sgoes the same way as GTA4 which came out with tons of 10/10 scores and then once the dust settled it was a very average sand box game. worried the same could happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

thorbarry wrote: »
    I remember booking the next off after the midnight launch of GTA 4, that was great :D

I remember doing the same !
    Man, it was awesome !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Saw this posted on Avforums, Sorry dunno how to resize it!

24y20yt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

@ Hogsy: Amazon deliveries usually take a 2-3 days I've found. I've RDR pre-ordered, and it's due to ship on Thursday, I'm expecting it on Monday. However from what Captain Chaos says it looks like there may be a slim chance that it could arrive on release day, which would be handy!

That pic looks a bit.. wrong. For one thing the 'XBox' pic is a high def one, while the 'PS3 looks like it's a photo of a screen, it's too fuzzy to be a real in-game pic. It's probably just a fanboi looking to show 'Dat de XBox ruulz al u PS3 owners r like such idiots'. Etc.

Scráib wrote: »
    That pic looks a bit.. wrong. For one thing the 'XBox' pic is a high def one, while the 'PS3 looks like it's a photo of a screen, it's too fuzzy to be a real in-game pic. It's probably just a fanboi looking to show 'Dat de XBox ruulz al u PS3 owners r like such idiots'. Etc.

Yea totally, look at where it has "triangle: ride horse" even the text is fuzzy, no way they could allow that.

Maybe the pic was just to show the differences between the night on different consoles? although i would have my doubts, the xbox pic looks to be taken earlier that the ps3 one, where the night sky is more black and stary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

TBH id say the PS3 pic is a picture of a TV screen where as the Xbox is a scan!

Hogzy wrote: »

yea, i was thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm reading alright that XBOX has better graphics (relax, I got a PS3) but the Xbox boards on gamefaqs are full of complaints about glitches and theres hardly none on the P3 board.
    Although the pic above definitely does not look like how will be on a HD tv playing in front of you. Definite fanboy craft.

Found this hilarious multiplayer vid. about 1:10 the guy shoots enemy in the head, then the nuts, then teabags him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Hogzy wrote: »

Hopefully! This waiting is driving me mad :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm reading alright that XBOX has better graphics (relax, I got a PS3) but the Xbox boards on gamefaqs are full of complaints about glitches and theres hardly none on the P3 board.
    Although the pic above definitely does not look like how will be on a HD tv playing in front of you. Definite fanboy craft.

Found this hilarious multiplayer vid. about 1:10 the guy shoots enemy in the head, then the nuts, then teabags him :pac:

Really don't see what people see funny about "teabagging" in games.

Well it ads insult to injury when your slagging your friend how you 'pwnd' him and then sat on his face

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

I agree, it's so demeaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well it ads insult to injury when your slagging your friend how you 'pwnd' him and then sat on his face

I just think it's a real pre-teen American thing to do while they scream down the mic. I just think "twát" when someone does it, more so than "oh that crafty player, look at him embarassing me". I dont really care about it, I just don't get the whole "look how HILARIOUS it his that I crouched down and made it look like my players balls are in your face", it just completely passes me by, and there's so many videos on the net from different games showing it, and its usually the kids who scream down the mic who post them.

If I ever tell anyone that I "pwnd" them, I'd hope they'd disown me as a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

This video is wrong on a lot of accounts, but still made me lols.

http://www.liveleak.com/item?a=view&token=468_1274045745

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone know if the gamestops in ireland are doing a midnight release for this? They are in the uk afaik!

:eek:

I just range Gamestop in Grafton Street and the GAME in dublin 1. They are both not opening on Thursday midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Finical wrote: »

The horse nearly got splattered aswell! :pac:

Gametrailers Review:

I was avoiding all news of this game the past few months(along with any others these days), I find if I just avoid them until they're nearly out I won't get hooked waiting.

But the hype is building lately, it's getting a bit like GTA4 in my head.

But the difference this time is, I know what the basics of this will be like(after GTA4), whereas with GTA4 I was expecting a defining moment in gaming, like when i had played GTA3..... I like many others just probably expected too much of a jump with 4, the reviews/previews seemed to back this. That along with the midnight openings(was a crazy amount of people around) put too much hype behind it, it was never going to live up to.

However i have to say, i really enjoyed my second play through of GTA4, minus the hype i was just able to enjoy it, i can't understand people slating it, it's still an 8+ game. Nearly 20hrs of gameplay with much more to do.

I could list off countless games that were 6/7/8hrs long and complete garbage and i bet none got slated as much(AC1 anyone?), if every game that came out was at least equal to GTA4 there wouldn't be many games not worth buying

damn !! that was sick !!

Cant wait for this game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Crosáidí wrote: »
    how'd ya get it early
    Got it from videogames+. The 1 big improvement this has over GTA is that there is actual stuff for you to buy with money like horses, maps etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

A nicely balanced review on GameTrailers here.
    They do pick out certain flaws but they ultimately score it a nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do not watch that GameTrailer review. Its spoils the whole game story and literally gives you the ending to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

ongarite wrote: »
    Do not watch that GameTrailer review. Its spoils the whole game story and literally gives you the ending to the game.

lol what? No it doesen't!!

ongarite wrote: »

I saw the review on GT and i dont think there was any spoilers in it. Definitely nothing to do with how the game ends !!!!

Though i have heard people complaining about spoilers on reviews on GT before but this one is clean.

Out of curiosity, did u watch the review on GT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

paul150 wrote: »
    The 1 big improvement this has over GTA is that there is actual stuff for you to buy with money like horses, maps etc

You could buy weapons in GTA

• Advertisement

Finical wrote: »

I saw that happen in a live stream, couldn't believe there was an achievement for it an all!! Anyone know if minigames like poker will be in MP?

Also, I always trust reviews on GT (mostly) so was waiting for them to post theirs. I dunno how you got that they nearly give away the ending. Ya, you see some of the story, actually i've seen a lot more given away in other reviews, i dunno.

Friday can't come soon enough, can't wait to get that long duster coat and get to murderin folk!

Advertisement