Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

jd007 wrote: »
    You could buy weapons in GTA

Yeah and thats it, much more you can do in this like buy property also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I heard that money was scarce in this but I really hope you can't become a millionaire in it! If they start throwing money at you, I really an't see too many people going hunting just to skin the animal for money.

I saw a bank robbery online and the guy got $41.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gambling in the game is supposed to be fairly easy and you can net yourself up to $600 a go. That was in a guide to make money quickly in the game that I read at the weekend.

Them there is the fact there is an achievement/trophy award for getting $10,000 in the game so cash must be fairly tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I heard that money was scarce in this but I really hope you can't become a millionaire in it! If they start throwing money at you, I really an't see too many people going hunting just to skin the animal for money.

LOL !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

For me the big problem with GTA 4 was the driving and that won't be a problem in RDR. From all reports, the horses work really well and horses in games are always :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

there is the fact there is an achievement/trophy award for getting $10,000 in the game so cash must be fairly tight.

Or that the game is accurate in terms of the time it's set in. $10,000 was a hell of a lot of money back then.

For me the big problem with GTA 4 was the driving and that won't be a problem in RDR. From all reports, the horses work really well and horses in games are always :cool:

TBH i loved the driving, it was more realistic, gone are the days where you hold the handbrake button-take the corner and release.
    You had to put more consideration into it, take the corners at the right angle, break early.
    I prefer the more realistic angle in that sense.

I wonder how the horses will handle?!, At least your out in wide open spaces so there won't be much to crash into anyway, and they'll stop at a cliff edge if you come to one.

The main reason I'm looking forward to this is the online free roam, and i was delighted to see that singled out in one of the reviews, looking forward to hitting this friday with a few friends!

I wonder will there be any midnight launches for this?!. i haven't heard of any and its nearly Friday but when you see what surrounded many other games the past 2/3 yrs and the reviews so far it seems odd if there isn't one!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

damn no where in westmeath selling this game early

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

I preordered with sendit thinking I would get it by friday, no sign of a dispatch email. Has anyone preordered off them before and got it on or before release date????

I really want to play this on the weekend :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I saw that happen in a live stream, couldn't believe there was an achievement for it an all!! Anyone know if minigames like poker will be in MP?
    A guy who has it said you can't play poker on MP, not sure about other mini games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Only $41 sounds like that bank could use a bailout, wait a second is Anglo-Irish in this game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I need some help please. Cash is tight so should i trade in heavy rain r my prestige edition of mw2 when im getting this on friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

theShawzer wrote: »
    I need some help please. Cash is tight so should i trade in heavy rain r my prestige edition of mw2 when im getting this on friday??

I'd say trade in Call of duty but just the Game, not the NVGs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

theShawzer wrote: »

Well isn't that a case of trading in the game you are least likely to play again? I'd imagine you have more chance of going back to MW2 than HR?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Fizman wrote: »
    Well isn't that a case of trading in the game you are least likely to play again? I'd imagine you have more chance of going back to MW2 than HR?

Ya id say your right to be honest even though I hate Modern Warfare 2(and have the platinum trophy:confused:) i mite go back for a game sometime. The only reason I want HR is to get the rest of the trophies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Fizman wrote: »

Ya that's a good logic, I went more based on my Hatred of MW2, if you are trading in Heavy Rain I think HMV give you something close to 30 euro for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Were the NVG with MW2 any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

redman85 wrote: »
    I preordered with sendit thinking I would get it by friday, no sign of a dispatch email. Has anyone preordered off them before and got it on or before release date????

I really want to play this on the weekend :mad:
    Don't get your hopes up to be honest. Sendit have a very poor record like most of them Hut Group sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Don't get your hopes up to be honest. Sendit have a very poor record like most of them Hut Group sites.

The Hut sent mine on Monday afternoon, strange that Sendit still have not made a move though.

Just saw on facebook, R* put up a message saying "Get the Read Dead Rockstar achievement now. Go into free roam now and look for rstardev1 or rstardev2 (something like those names anyway) Lucky Yanks!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Good lord. Just saw some 360/PS3 comparison shots.
    I'll wait until my next paycheck, but definetely picking this up (and on 360 it seems).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Good lord. Just saw some 360/PS3 comparison shots.
    I'll wait until my next paycheck, but definetely picking this up (and on 360 it seems).

wow, the 2nd set could almost be from the Wii they look that poor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

**** thats very worrying!!!

Why is it that the PS3 gets shafted all the time?

Dont bother replying with that **** like 360 is better blah blah blah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

It doesn't look majorly pronounced to my untrained eye but that is complete BS from Rockstar that there is any difference.

Think its BS that games can't be made to the same standard on both next gen consoles!!

Saying that, if you read the RDR boards on Gamefaqs, a lot more complaints about glitches in the game. Looks like 360 got better graphics but more glitches. I'm poor though so I don't have a choice and have to get it on the PS3 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

It doesn't look majorly pronounced to my untrained eye but that is complete BS from Rockstar that there is any difference.
    Agreed, the difference is kind of unacceptable, reminds me of Bayonetta (except that time it was really Sega's fault, not Platinum's).
    Pretty sad for such a huge, seemingly great (from what I've heard from US friends) title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Didn't some Rockstar employee get fired for posting on his Facebook page an email that Rockstar sent out to various review sites stating how important the RDR was for the company and how they expected the websites to "play ball" or else.

Edited for correction

The employee sacked was from an Australian gaming site who posted a email from Rockstar strongly pushing for better reviews of RDR on his facebook page. Still lame tho.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?39581-Rockstar-tries-to-influence-positive-review-gets-journalist-fired

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/red-dead-redemption/news/magazine-writer-fired-after-dustup-with-rockstar-pr/a-20100407113454149016/g-20090204142932437070

Venom wrote: »
    Didn't some Rockstar employee get fired for posting on his Facebook page an email that Rockstar sent out to various review sites stating how important the RDR was for the company and how they expected the websites to "play ball" or else.

What is that true??!!! I know the review game is fairly corrupt but come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm not too concerned, it will look better than GTA 4 simply down to the fact that your horse cant do 200 kph down a dense city street so the framerate shouldnt suffer as much.
    Its PS3 for me for 2 reasons, I dont have an XBox and all my friends play online on PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hogzy wrote: »
    **** thats very worrying!!!

Why is it that the PS3 gets shafted all the time?

Dont bother replying with that **** like 360 is better blah blah blah!

Its because the PS3 is such a bitch to actually develop for, apparently what happened here was it was developed on 360 and then ported to ps3 because it is alot easier and less time consuming, This is the reason why valve refuse to make ps3 games

Advertisement