Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

padair wrote: »
    Surly the games are already in transit on their way to the stores.

There does seem to be some sort of problem. A guy in Xtravision was telling me today that they expect to run out of copies and in the games forum this was posted by Gamesnash:
    Strangely enough considering the above discussions there has been shortages on PS3 consoles. We didn't get our full order in as all stock was allocated as a percentage of what was actually ordered. Xbox was fine.

So I decided to preorder today. Did it in HMV and there was no charge and every preorder customer gets a free Bluray of 3:10 to Yuma which is sweet and the game is €44.99 so pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks for that. Glad I preordered it today. HMV preorders get a free Bluray of 3:10 to Yuma which is pretty sweet and the game is only €44.99 which is good too.

I was just gonna head into HMV to pick it up Friday. If you get that film (which I actually wanted to see) i'm def gonna give them a ring.

Thanks man!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was just gonna head into HMV to pick it up Friday. If you get that film (which I actually wanted to see) i'm def gonna give them a ring.

Thanks man!

Balls, just spoke to a lovely chap in HMV in the crescent Limerick. Preordered but will be getting Clash of the Titans on blu ray. I asked if he is expecting to sell out and he said since they are selling the game for 44, a tenner cheaper then gamestop and a free blu ray, then yes, they will be selling out. Glad I rang now

Balls, just spoke to a lovely chap in HMV in the crescent Limerick. Preordered but will be getting Clash of the Titans on blu ray. I asked if he is expecting to sell out and he said since they are selling the game for 44, a tenner cheaper then gamestop and a free blu ray, then yes, they will be selling out. Glad I rang now.

I spose the blu ray depends on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If the blu-ray changes between stores does anyone know what you get in HMV in Cork City?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Anyone know what Game will be doing it for? I've got points to use there, so would rather get it there.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

theShawzer wrote: »
    Ya they were actually pretty good to my surprise.
    I also got word today that the game might be delayed on ps3 because of a manufacturin problem. Not confirmed though

I can confirm issues with PS3 supplies alright. There are more on the way but the initial batches sent out were cut substantially. We have actually sold out of our initial allocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

This would explain the problem Amazon have had yesterday. THey werent allowing anyone prebook the PS3 version, seems to be ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I preordered it on hut.com the special edition for €55, was dispatched today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tonydude wrote: »
    I preordered it on hut.com the special edition for €55, was dispatched today

Are you sure?

I could only see it there for £55, which converts to €66.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Preodered today in Game for 55 quid. Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Dying to get this game, roll on Friday, hibernating for about a month :o
    At least it will save up drinking money :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i need this game. got 2 games a month ago but FIFA WC is still too shallow a footie sim n Super SFIV demands an arcade stick

- even Edge gave this a 9 so it must be up to somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I spent 3 hours today playing poker in a seedy back room of one of the saloons. Came out with $400 for my troubles :D Very addictive !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

anybody seen this? Its a ps3 vs 360 side by sude shot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21355476&postcount=704

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

My copy from Zavvi was posted on Tuesday.
    Looking forward to the game so may pick it up Friday if my online copy doesn't arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ongarite wrote: »
    so may pick it up Friday if my online copy doesn't arrive.

More and more people are saying this. WHat are you gonna do with the spare copy? Send it all the way back to Zavvi at your expense. I know they have to give you your money back but its gonna cost loads to return it!!!

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you sure?

I could only see it there for £55, which converts to €66.

I preordered it when it had a 10% discount code, wasnt meant to be used on preorders however it worked and ive loads of other games in my hut basket at the mo with the 10% still on em

Hogzy wrote: »
    More and more people are saying this. WHat are you gonna do with the spare copy? Send it all the way back to Zavvi at your expense. I know they have to give you your money back but its gonna cost loads to return it!!!

Maybe keep the store one and return the zavvi to the store when u get it lol

Crap , sry for double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

So HMV are giving a Blu-ray with the game. Do Xtravsion have any similar offer on the cards? If not hmv will be getting my cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Anyone hear that in Europe that their might be a short supply of copies ??

It may only apply to eastern europe though not too sure , All I know is that I want it FRIDAY 21ST MAY 2010!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Preodered today in Game for 55 quid. Sweet

Standard or special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

So HMV are giving a Blu-ray with the game. Do Xtravsion have any similar offer on the cards? If not hmv will be getting my cash.

I'd say you might get like 6euro rental vouchers if there is anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Shzm wrote: »
    Standard or special edition?

Apologies - Gamestop Special Edition for €55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Apologies - Gamestop Special Edition for €55

Are you sure i preordered it in gamestop for €60 for the special it was €55 for the standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

So HMV are giving a Blu-ray with the game.

What Blu-Ray are they packing in with the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

ongarite wrote: »
    What Blu-Ray are they packing in with the game.

The poster says 3:10 to Yuma (the new one) but earlier someone said they were told they were getting Clash of the Titans which must be the older version as the new one isn't out on bluray until July.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

thorbarry wrote: »
    anybody seen this? Its a ps3 vs 360 side by sude shot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21355476&postcount=704

Wow the ps3 looks rubbish next to the 360..... wtf??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

theShawzer wrote: »
    Wow the ps3 looks rubbish next to the 360..... wtf??

here are some videos MazingerDUDE on the neogaf.com forum uploaded, showing the 2 in action doing the same thing. Looking at the video, if you own the ps3 version, it still runs very smooth, and the vast open world still looks amazing. It just looks a tiny bit better on the 360.

Its not enough to put me off tho, I'll be picking up the ps3 version, for the free online play :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21355476#post21355476

The guys on the forum have a right moan about it, saying "its the worst port ever". I wouldnt go that far at all, they're saying it has all the same problems GTA4 had on the ps3, which I played and thought was and still is awesome on ps3. I think it really is nit picking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Does the blu-ray only come with the ps3 version? I want to get the 360 version as it clearly looks better.

Advertisement