Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

ShaneU wrote: »
    Does the blu-ray only come with the ps3 version? I want to get the 360 version as it clearly looks better.

People are saying that it comes with both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yeah the bluray definitely comes with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Shortage on PS3 format only but more stock arriving early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

thorbarry wrote: »
    here are some videos MazingerDUDE on the neogaf.com forum uploaded, showing the 2 in action doing the same thing. Looking at the video, if you own the ps3 version, it still runs very smooth, and the vast open world still looks amazing. It just looks a tiny bit better on the 360.

Its not enough to put me off tho, I'll be picking up the ps3 version, for the free online play :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21355476#post21355476

The guys on the forum have a right moan about it, saying "its the worst port ever". I wouldnt go that far at all, they're saying it has all the same problems GTA4 had on the ps3, which I played and thought was and still is awesome on ps3. I think it really is nit picking
    Yeah, it seems kind of like when people compare bluray with dvd's. Unless you've got them side by side, you're not really going to notice much of a difference.

That said, I pre-ordered the PS3 version and am going to ask if it can be changed for the 360 version. But sure if they don't have any spare I won't lose any sleep over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Varik wrote: »
    Are you sure i preordered it in gamestop for €60 for the special it was €55 for the standard.

Yep. Well thats what I was told at the counter anyways :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I've seen both the Xbox and PS3 versions running side by side on identical TVs. Xbox is a fraction clearer when comparing them directly but you wouldn't notice anything wrong with the PS3 version if you were just playing it as a stand alone game. Wouldn't be changing any pre orders for it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

have to say there is a big differance on crispness on the 2 consoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Why is that the xbox 360 always have an edge over the ps3 graphicwise? I mean, i always thought that the ps3 had a greater processing and graphical power than the 360. The only ps3 game that i can think of that has better graphics than its 360 counterpart is dragon age.

Thank god RDR isnt as bad as bayonetta on the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jmx009 wrote: »
    Why is that the xbox 360 always have an edge over the ps3 graphicwise? I mean, i always thought that the ps3 had a greater processing and graphical power than the 360. The only ps3 game that i can think of that has better graphics than its 360 counterpart is dragon age.

The 360 has a more powerful GPU than the PS3. But the PS3 can balance the books by having the extra cores of it's CPU taking up the slack and task it with doing more of the graphics work. Then you have RAM, the PS3 has 256Mb for system work and 256Mb for graphics. The 360 has 512Mb and the game designers can dedicate that what ever way they want to, then the GPU has 10Mb of very fast spec RAM always dedicated to it.

I all depends on how the game developers use the hardware. Some know how to use the PS3 better than the 360 and some the other way. It's Sony's marketing that leads people to believe it's the more powerful console and it is in pure CPU performance, that's why the USAF use it for supercomputer simulations and you have Folding at home but for pure graphical grunt the 360 has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Kiith wrote: »
    The Daily Mail talking about a Rockstar game in a good light? And i violent game at that? Christ, Rockstar must have paid them a bloody fortune. I was expecting the usual bull**** from them.

I'm sure it'll change though when someone gets influenced by the game, learns to ride a horse and lasso's a nun.

It's all fun and games until somebody kills a hooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

koneko wrote: »
    It's all fun and games until somebody kills a hooker, and takes her money.

FYP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,563 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LpPepper wrote: »
    Anyone hear that in Europe that their might be a short supply of copies ??

Never seen a high profile game sell out before, no need to preorder.

This game hasn't been on my radar at all. Didn't like GTA4 much but saw a trailer and it looks excellent and that fact that we haven't had a decent Western based game since Outlaws makes it even more tempting. I've also enjoyed rockstars other franchises more than GTA such as Bully and the Warriors (not Manhunter which was just ****). When I get some money I'll pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just called HMV Cork, 44.99 and theyre giving 3:10 To Yuma with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hogzy wrote: »
    Just called HMV Cork, 44.99 and theyre giving 3:10 To Yuma with it.

God dammit I got burnt Clash of the fecking Titans!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

any word on this being sold today anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The 360 has a more powerful GPU than the PS3. But the PS3 can balance the books by having the extra cores of it's CPU taking up the slack and task it with doing more of the graphics work. Then you have RAM, the PS3 has 256Mb for system work and 256Mb for graphics. The 360 has 512Mb and the game designers can dedicate that what ever way they want to, then the GPU has 10Mb of very fast spec RAM always dedicated to it.

I all depends on how the game developers use the hardware. Some know how to use the PS3 better than the 360 and some the other way. It's Sony's marketing that leads people to believe it's the more powerful console and it is in pure CPU performance, that's why the USAF use it for supercomputer simulations and you have Folding at home but for pure graphical grunt the 360 has it.

Its funny, my 4 year old PC is twice as powerful than both !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Hurry up tomorrow I really want to be playing this game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

koneko wrote: »
    It's all fun and games until somebody kills a hooker.
    I always thought that's when the real fun begins :P

I won't get to play this till Saturday. Will buy it tomorrow, but wont get to play as i'm being dragged out tomorrow night. I can see me playing it for 2 straight days though. Love the setting, and i can't bloody wait. Havent been this excited about a game since Mass Effect 2.

Ya i can't see this selling out by tomorrow. We all heard if you didn't order GTA4 you wouldnt get it for a week or two :rolleyes: ... and there was 10 times more hype around that, sure they're not even doing midnight launches for this.

Considering i live in a city, i'm sure i'll get it somewhere early tomorrow, don't want to pre-order as i might chance my arm at Xtravision later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    God dammit I got burnt Clash of the fecking Titans!!!

In HMV Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

joker87 wrote: »
    any word on this being sold today anywhere?

thats what I want to know

If anybody has any info, be sure to tell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Magill wrote: »
    Its funny, my 4 year old PC is twice as powerful than both !

Well both the consoles are pretty much 4 years old so that's bound to be the case. Plus the consoles only cost around 300 and i bet you paid a hell of a lot more than that for your pc:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

im going to a 24hr tesco for midnight to get it, provided its in stock which im sure it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Just got off the phone to a Gamestop branch in Cork to see would i be able to pick up my preorder this evening...always worth a go :P...Not only did he confirm that the collector's edition is 59.99 but they havent recieved their allocation yet and they might get it in around lunchtime tomorrow, these rumours of shortages seem to have some merit. Uh Oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

xtra vision is always a good bet for early releases, heavy rain and arkham asylum went on sale there the day before!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Demios wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to a Gamestop branch in Cork to see would i be able to pick up my preorder this evening...always worth a go :P...Not only did he confirm that the collector's edition is 59.99 but they havent recieved their allocation yet and they might get it in around lunchtime tomorrow, these rumours of shortages seem to have some merit. Uh Oh!

We were informed of a shortage on Tuesday. You wouldn't believe the effort it took for us to get PS3 stock in time to ship for release day and even then we barely covered our pre orders. We've literally no stock left here. :(

I'd imagine Gamestops central warehouse experienced the same delays and stock culling that we had but I'd imagine they will have the stock there for you tomorrow. This is more of a logisitical delay than a lack of availabillity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

joker87 wrote: »
    xtra vision is always a good bet for early releases, heavy rain and arkham asylum went on sale there the day before!

Yea, I used to always get pro evo there the night before release :D

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Ya i can't see this selling out by tomorrow. We all heard if you didn't order GTA4 you wouldnt get it for a week or two :rolleyes: ... and there was 10 times more hype around that, sure they're not even doing midnight launches for this.

Considering i live in a city, i'm sure i'll get it somewhere early tomorrow, don't want to pre-order as i might chance my arm at Xtravision later

Supplies of GTA4 did run out though in a lot of retailers. Of course there were some who had stock but I remember us having to open up a pre order list for the second wave of deliveries which landed in the week after release date.

If you're getting in on Xbox you won't have a problem at all - PS3 may be scarce though until early next week as there has been supply shortages of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

This is more of a logisitical delay than a lack of availabillity.

Bit of a disaster really for a game that's beng tipped as a possible GOTY:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just sold my xbox yesterday, never even heard of this, but makes me regret the sale, slightly....

Advertisement