Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

We were informed of a shortage on Tuesday. You wouldn't believe the effort it took for us to get PS3 stock in time to ship for release day and even then we barely covered our pre orders. We've literally no stock left here. :(

I'd imagine Gamestops central warehouse experienced the same delays and stock culling that we had but I'd imagine they will have the stock there for you tomorrow. This is more of a logisitical delay than a lack of availabillity.

Thanks for the inside scoop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd ignored this game for quite a while but I'm very intrigued now. Rockstar still make some of the best open world games, and there is so much potential in a Western game. I really shouldn't add yet another game to my 'now playing' list, but this is mighty tempting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jmx009 wrote: »
    Why is that the xbox 360 always have an edge over the ps3 graphicwise? I mean, i always thought that the ps3 had a greater processing and graphical power than the 360. The only ps3 game that i can think of that has better graphics than its 360 counterpart is dragon age.

Thank god RDR isnt as bad as bayonetta on the PS3.

Most multi format games are developed on the xbox360 and then ported over to the PS3.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

theShawzer wrote: »
    Bit of a disaster really for a game that's beng tipped as a possible GOTY:eek:

Agreed :D but the second wave of stock is due in to distributors here tomorrow so assuming the same schedule applies to the bigger chains most retailers on the high street will get it to them for Saturday before they sell out of the first batch. Our issue was we could't wait for a second batch as anyone who has pre ordered with us needs to have their order shipped before the friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I never even heard of this game until the other day!! Looks amazing and I have been looking forward to getting it but I am really concerned over the PS3 issue!!

The side by side screenshots are alarming. I have GTA4 on the PS3 which is great but I did find it dark and blurry in places! Did the Xbox version have the same issue?

I don't own a 360 but would be tempted to get one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

F1ngers wrote: »
    Most multi format games are developed on the xbox360 and then ported over to the PS3.

Yea it seems the ps3 has the same "difficult to develop games for" problem that the ps2 had. It took about 2 years for any real crackers to come out for the ps3. I only bought one before Christmas for €300 and it was a great buy, I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hogzy wrote: »
    In HMV Cork?

HMV Limerick, in the Crescent shop centre. Ah spose its dads day coming up and he just got a blu ray play so should be beaming with clash of the smelly titans!

EXCELLENT!!! One of the lads just called, 4 of the boys getting this tomorrow just to posse up in free roam. come on friday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

py2006 wrote: »
    I don't own a 360 but would be tempted to get one....

Don't do it!! Trust me I bought a 360 because some friends had it and it's just not the same after you've owned a ps3! Big waste of money because I got rid of it after 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I think the biggest issue with multiplatform nowadays is that if your not developing the game solely for one console specifically your going to have differences seeing as your working with totally different infrastructures with the consoles. It's finding a balance is the problem. To be honest i'm getting tired of these comparison webpages, it encouraging people to camp with one particular console and maintaining the whole 'console wars'. If you want to point the finger, i'd look towards the people/websites fuelling this issue. I mean overall theres seems to be a balance between the consoles. You win some, you lose some.

Interesting console comparison video here! (In French but you get the picture)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just sold my xbox yesterday, never even heard of this, but makes me regret the sale, slightly....

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd ignored this game for quite a while but I'm very intrigued now. Rockstar still make some of the best open world games, and there is so much potential in a Western game. I really shouldn't add yet another game to my 'now playing' list, but this is mighty tempting.

They more or less invented the modern day sandbox with GTA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They more or less invented the modern day sandbox with GTA

Yup, and Bully was just great. Contrary to popular opinion, I also loved GTAIV. Add horseback train heists and you have success in my eyes.

That's German my friend.
    But you can see the differences but it's not a big issue. No different to GTA4 pop ups

That's German my friend.
    But you can see the differences but it's not a big issue. No different to GTA4 pop ups

Oops on the language! Well the popups don't really bother me but the fact that objects are completely missing? Thats a bit odd! Will probably still get it though!

german, french all the same ;)

Ya I heard GTA 4 had pop up issues on PS3. Never noticed em but then again, I don't go looking for graphical faults, just enjoy the game, which is exactly what im gonna do with RDR!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I for one can't wait for this, I trust Rockstar learned from their mistakes in GTAIV (Which was still a fantastisch game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

HMV Henry street still have pre-orders for €44.99. That is with 3:10 to Yuma Blueray. Not a bad deal.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya I heard GTA 4 had pop up issues on PS3. Never noticed em but then again, I don't go looking for graphical faults, just enjoy the game, which is exactly what im gonna do with RDR!

You notice it when your driving at high speed when a pixel-ey (if that's a word) looking building suddenly looks perfect. Everything just looks lagy at high spped, but unless the horses in RDR have rockets on them I couldn't see it being a huge issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Is the deal in HMV the special edition, on HUKD it says you get the war horse with it.

• Advertisement

Don't do it!! Trust me I bought a 360 because some friends had it and it's just not the same after you've owned a ps3! Big waste of money because I got rid of it after 2 weeks

dont listen to him. I have both, and love the 2 of them. xbox is awesome and has some some great exclusives, you can pick up both gears cheap enough, alan wake is also out. Lots of games man

thorbarry wrote: »
    dont listen to him. I have both, and love the 2 of them. xbox is awesome and has some some great exclusives, you can pick up both gears cheap enough, alan wake is also out. Lots of games man

Could counter argue with God of War, Uncharted etc.... but let's not turn this into a PS3 vs Xbox.

But just to add my worth, i've had both, PS3 first, sold the Xbox again after 6mths a few weeks back, just wasn't worth paying to play online when i have it free on the PS3.

So the best way to decide which console is..... what do your friends have(or do any) and do you want to pay to play online(charge your controllers etc...) they both have good exclusives

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Stuipid Amazon! Dispatch! DISPATCH! DISPATCH NOW DAMMIT!!

I've heard of these differences... I've only got a PS3 so I don't think I'll notice the difference that much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Is the deal in HMV the special edition, on HUKD it says you get the war horse with it.

The deal is in store on both the Special and Normal game editions. I am guessing that you get the in game bonuses with the special edition.

I have no idea how much the specal edition costs.

Scráib wrote: »
    Stuipid Amazon! Dispatch! DISPATCH! DISPATCH NOW DAMMIT!!

I've heard of these differences... I've only got a PS3 so I don't think I'll notice the difference that much!

Update. Amazon won't be shipping til Friday so you should be expecting it early next week at best i'm afraid

:P This is why I never buy games online, I just don't trust the sites, logistics, post men, etc.

Could counter argue with God of War, Uncharted etc.... but let's not turn this into a PS3 vs Xbox.

But just to add my worth, i've had both, PS3 first, sold the Xbox again after 6mths a few weeks back, just wasn't worth paying to play online when i have it free on the PS3.

So the best way to decide which console is..... what do your friends have(or do any) and do you want to pay to play online(charge your controllers etc...) they both have good exclusives

Oh i know, I wasn't arguing about getting an xbox over a ps3. I have a ps3 as well. It has awesome exclusives, I was just saying dont dismiss the xbox as that has awesome exclusives too :D

py2006 wrote: »
    Interesting console comparison video here! (In French but you get the picture)

Looking at that vid, I can see some minor differences on the ps3. Having said that, it is still a marvelous looking game on xbox and ps3. I'm getting the ps3 version even though i have an xbox. The differences aren't that much, plus free online ;)

Edit: sorry for the double post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Update. Amazon won't be shipping til Friday so you should be expecting it early next week at best i'm afraid

:P This is why I never buy games online, I just don't trust the sites, logistics, post men, etc.

Ah sure I'll not be worried. I'm away to Galway for the weekend and out playing poker tonight, so even if I had it right now the earliest I'd be able to play it would be Sunday evening.

Still... silly amazon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I for one can't wait for this, I trust Rockstar learned from their mistakes in GTAIV (Which was still a fantastisch game).

They learned alright as proven by Gay Tony, which I thought was their best work so far.

• Advertisement

thorbarry wrote: »
    Oh i know, I wasn't arguing about getting an xbox over a ps3. I have a ps3 as well. It has awesome exclusives, I was just saying dont dismiss the xbox as that has awesome exclusives too :D

I fully agree just as long as he doesn't get rid of the Ps3 for the 360.
    Anyway this is about RDR......... Can't wait to throw a fire bottle!

Advertisement