Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yup, and Bully was just great. Contrary to popular opinion, I also loved GTAIV. Add horseback train heists and you have success in my eyes.

I loved Bully. The Warriors was great too.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Update. Amazon won't be shipping til Friday so you should be expecting it early next week at best i'm afraid

:P This is why I never buy games online, I just don't trust the sites, logistics, post men, etc.

I'm offended :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They learned alright as proven by Gay Tony, which I thought was their best work so far.

I did play that, but never finished it.
    It was amazing though, but they probably limited the sandbox aspect due to it being 'only' an expansion.

I'm Belgian and there's some shops selling it already over there, so here's hoping :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,564 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have to agree about the expansions being much better than GTA4. They seemed a lot more fun than the original game which tried to be serious and failed at that while leaving out the ridiculous stuff that made previous GTAs fun. I'm back playing Saints Row 2 now which took the ridiculous to silly levels and it's a better game than the vanilla GTA 4 for it. It's just so much fun to arse about in the sandbox which was missing in GTA4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just got a voicemail from HMV saying my preordered copy has arrived in stock. I was about to jump into the car until she said:

"And can be picked up tomorrow morning". Nuts!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

theShawzer wrote: »
    I fully agree just as long as he doesn't get rid of the Ps3 for the 360.
    Anyway this is about RDR......... Can't wait to throw a fire bottle!

games are automatically better when they let you throw fire bottles :D

me, I am looking forward to having an altercation with a nun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

thorbarry wrote: »
    games are automatically better when they let you throw fire bottles :D

me, I am looking forward to having an altercation with a nun :p

Nicely Put :D

Anyone that does have it at the minute what are your opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Eddie Ere wrote: »

Anyone that does have it at the minute, Scraib is angry at you.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Nicely Put :D

Multiplayer is very good. The concept of forming your own gangs of mates online rampaging through the west is brilliant crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Scráib wrote: »
    Anyone that does have it at the minute, Scraib is angry at you.
    Your going to hate me then, Ive had it since tuesday :P
    Theres an Irish guy in it, The accent is perfect as always in games....not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Pre booked mine there at lunch in HMV in the Crescent SC. €44.99 with 3:10 to Yuma blu-ray (damn good film by the way). This seems like the best bricks n' mortar offer by quite a bit.

However he did mention that I should pop in as early as possible tomorrow as they have limited stock! Just to be letting ye know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fizman wrote: »
    However he did mention that I should pop in as early as possible tomorrow as they have limited stock! Just to be letting ye know.
    Sounds odd.. as the guy in my local HMV said both the Blu-ray and Game will be held behind for me.

I mean what's the point of pre-ordering with them if they can't guarantee it?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

preordered a copy of xbox red dead over the phone in hmv cork, no mention of a blu-ray. 44.99 though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

basquille wrote: »
    Sounds odd.. as the guy in my local HMV said both the Blu-ray and Game will be held behind for me.

I mean what's the point of pre-ordering with them if they can't guarantee it?! ;)

Thought as much when they mentioned it but I was rushing back to work so I couldn't stick around to find out what they meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    preordered a copy of xbox red dead over the phone in hmv cork, no mention of a blu-ray. 44.99 though!

Ya,same,they didnt mention the blu-ray to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya,same,they didnt mention the blu-ray to me.

Neither did they mention it to me, but i asked about it and he said yeah theres 3:10 to Yuma.

Dont worry lads yer defo getting a free blu ray, And even if you dont its still cheaper than anywhere else in a B&M store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm offended :D

Hahaha :D Sorry man, I know its your bread and butter (maybe) but I worry about enough things in life without whether a game will arrive on time. I get paranoid if something doesn't arrive when it should, thinkin the local posty is at home galloping into the sunset!!

I like to grab the game off the guy behind the counter drop money and run, and don't stop till I get home!!

I had posted this in the wrong RDR thread, pity we can't merge all 4-5 threads into a mega thread.

I rang HMV Limerick checking if they were welling it tonight.

Me -"hi, i have a game preordered and was just wondering.."

HMV Guy - "NO, We are not selling red dead redemption until tomorrow, you can pick it up tomorrow!"

Was kinda funny, i guess they are getting calls all day about it. Really glad i pre-ordered it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Got my copy from Gamesnash today! Its f*cking awesome!

Mataguri wrote: »
    Got my copy from Gamesnash today! Its f*cking awesome!

Well I stand corrected Mr. Gamesnash, about what I said about never ordering online. If I do order a game online someday, then sir, it will be with you!!

Enjoy the game man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Well I stand corrected Mr. Gamesnash, about what I said about never ordering online. If I do order a game online someday, then sir, it will be with you!!

Enjoy the game man!!

I would heavily recommend them. This is the second time I've used them to pre-order a game and both times it has arrived a day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Anybody have an idea what price it's going for in GameStop stores? I have a cunning ruse I wish to put into action tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Anybody have an idea what price it's going for in GameStop stores? I have a cunning ruse I wish to put into action tonight...

I think the standard edition is €55
    Not 100% on that though...

I need this fecking game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Think i heard they were selling it for around 50-55 but dont quote me on that.
    Also anything that takes money from Gamestop gets my vote of approval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just saw the ad on TV for RDR, doesnt do it justice. Shows no actual gameplay just cut scenes. Bit stupid as the gameplay looks super duper awesome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Update. Amazon won't be shipping til Friday so you should be expecting it early next week at best i'm afraid

:P This is why I never buy games online, I just don't trust the sites, logistics, post men, etc.

Damn it. Just checked my Amazon order and it hasn't dispatched either. I'm a bit p1ssed as I was looking forward to getting stuck in to this tomorrow. Ah well, it'd better ship tomorrow else I'm off to HMV on Saturday to buy it and then return the Amazon copy when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Just looked at my friends list and saw one of them playing it!!:mad:

TinCool wrote: »
    Damn it. Just checked my Amazon order and it hasn't dispatched either. I'm a bit p1ssed as I was looking forward to getting stuck in to this tomorrow. Ah well, it'd better ship tomorrow else I'm off to HMV on Saturday to buy it and then return the Amazon copy when I get it.

Ah was only joking bout that man but thats sh*t alright. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to be without this game tomorrow. Speaking of, I can see a rolling tumbleweed on these RDR threads tomorrow. Well actually I will be seeing a rolling tumbleweed in this awesome game!!!!! Hopefully :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JUSTIN COLLINS

Scráib wrote: »
    I'm been keeping tabs on this, it looks like the time and effort is being put into making a decent game. Here's hoping it turns out pretty good!

Rockstar have a reputation for making decent games as far as I know but I don't think I've ever played GTA (Don't hit me! ;) ), does anyone else think this'll be one of the better games of the year?

I'm really asking because I was really really worked up about borderlands, but I was really let down when it came out. So much so that I got bored and never finished the game. I'm hoping Red Dead won't be a repeat performance. Praying, in fact!

:D ill be gettin it 2marro anyway cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

By any chance can you go around scalping people???

Advertisement