Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I'm really asking because I was really really worked up about borderlands, but I was really let down when it came out. So much so that I got bored and never finished the game. I'm hoping Red Dead won't be a repeat performance. Praying, in fact![/QUOTE]

Borderlands was trying to be fallout, RDR is doing it's own thing so i'm hoping it lives up to the hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I rang HMV on grafton street and dundrum about one hour ago and both said that a pre-order for the game was not necessary, that they'll have plenty of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dinh_Gunslinger

This game is gonna be the **** man, I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

This game is gonna be the **** man, I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

I heard its terrible, probably one of the worst games ever made.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

anyone know if any place selling this early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

fair play to gamesnash. It arrived today. Gave it 20 mins play. As with most rockstar games it has not really started yet so i cant comment on if its good or not but i will give it an hour when i get home

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I avoided the hype train for as long as possible but I'm getting all antsy in my pantsy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah was only joking bout that man but thats sh*t alright. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to be without this game tomorrow. Speaking of, I can see a rolling tumbleweed on these RDR threads tomorrow. Well actually I will be seeing a rolling tumbleweed in this awesome game!!!!! Hopefully :eek:

Turns out I got an email earlier this evening confirming shipment. The same thing happened when I pre-ordered Liberty City Stories and got it on day of release (living in UK). Fingers crossed it'll arrive in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I have my copy already but I must finish Alan Wake first. I'm on the last part. Then its guns, guts and gold. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Heading to dundrum now to get it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You're all bastards!

No one is allowed play this till my exams are over.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Got it. Just have to get through a day of work, an Alicia Keyes concert and then another day of work before I'll get to it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

Prices for Galway:

HMV: 44.99
    GAME: 49.99
    Gamestop: 44.99
    Smyths: 54.99
    Tesco: 54.99

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

T'was dispatched yesterday from Amazon, barring some miracle I won't have it before Tuesday I reckon.

Still, worth the wait I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Just got mine, won't be able to play until I finish work after ten tonight however :(

Man in the shop said there was no shortages for those of you around the Mayo/Sligo region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You're all bastards!

No one is allowed play this till my exams are over.
    :(

Ok we will all agree not to play till after your exams.
    And if you believe that i have some magic beans for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'll be getting it at around 1. Must study until then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone been out n about this morning hunting for a copy without a preorder? Are shelves bare? Is it a total sellout? Will a portal to another dimension full of evil monsters burst open any second?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Agricola wrote: »
    Anyone been out n about this morning hunting for a copy without a preorder? Are shelves bare? Is it a total sellout? Will a portal to another dimension full of evil monsters burst open any second?

Walked into HMV Grafton St before work this morning and shelves are full.
    Bought my copy (For Xbox) and noticed person behind was buying it as well.
    Cant play it till Sunday though as I'm going away straight after work :mad:

I got mine last night . Funny thing is , i never heard of this game till yesterday. Its a great little game. It plays great , it looks great. Some great all round fun .

I wandered into a bandit camp last night and managed to get up on the roof of one of the huts, i took out all the bandits from there. I saved somebodys daughter who i didnt even know was there.

Are there any Native Americans in this game ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

zefer wrote: »
    Walked into HMV Grafton St before work this morning and shelves are full.
    Bought my copy (For Xbox) and noticed person behind was buying it as well.
    Cant play it till Sunday though as I'm going away straight after work :mad:

How much is it at HMV? They've been good with new release prices lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From Xbox forum (which was copied from PS3 forum):

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Odd that Game are €5 more than Gamestop, hopefully in cases where they're in very close proximity to each other (ie Blanch), they'll be a bit more competitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Mr E wrote: »

Its 49.99 in gamestop and 54.99 for the limited edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Mr E wrote: »

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I had pre-ordered in Game but when I was down in Dundrum I saw that HMV were doing the game with 3.10 to Yuma for free.
    So I picked it up there for €44.99

Just gone through a few opening sections now and its got a much better control mechanic than GTA 4 which is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just picked up my copy in HMV Crescent SC with blu ray. Quite happy with the bit of business I just did tbh :D..........

Traded in 4 games against it expecting maybe €25ish off total. The games and prices HMV gave me were:

Killzone 2 - €8.50
    Street Fighter 4 - €10.50
    Pro Evo 2010 - €29 :eek::eek::eek: (even the guy who scanned it into the system said it was surprisingly high, I just smiled)
    Burnout Paradise - €6

Total: €54 store credit. So I got RDR, 3:10 to Yuma and €9 credit for my troubles! Good times. €29 for PES 2010 is crazy money considering it's platinum! Won't get to play this until about 7pm this evening mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just posted in the PS forum but said I'd mention it here too........just picked up my copy of RDR in HMV and traded 4 games in too.

I got €29 alone for PES 2010!!!!!! Crazy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Got it in Game traded in BFBC2 and Heavy Rain, it covered the €45 cost, tried my local XtraVision 1st and they only had Xbox360 copies that weren't all pre-ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

byrneno7 wrote: »
    Its 49.99 in gamestop and 54.99 for the limited edition.

44.99 in HMV

Advertisement