Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Tried xtravision myself, they open at 11 and they were sold out at quarter past when I went in. They only had 4 PS3 copies apparently.

Tesco don't seem to have it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

anyone know what xtra vision are charging, also are gamestop doing any trade in deals on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

€55 in xtravision. But i wouldn't go in there looking for a PS3 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

EGriff wrote: »
    €55 in xtravision. But i wouldn't go in there looking for a PS3 version.
    oh expensive, i assume this isn't the CE. going for xbox anyway. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Any screen shots or movies from you guys?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I heard that there is another ash cloud comming in and that everyone who ordered from amazon is going to have to wait a month to get their game. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

padair wrote: »
    I heard that there is another ash cloud comming in and that everyone who ordered from amazon is going to have to wait a month to get their game. :eek:
    You heard wrong! :rolleyes:

I'm very torn kids.. help me out. I have a PS3 and Xbox.

My PS3 is hooked up to a 1080P 37" TV connected to a 5.1 sound system.

My 360 is hooked up to a 1080P 22" Monitor running to 2 speakers and a subwoofer.

The PS3 is clearly the better setup of the two, and I have the PS3 version pre-ordered with the free Blu-ray in HMV for collection today,

But after reading problems with the PS3 version (lower resolution, frame-rate problems etc) - should I go with the Xbox version instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

No chance of hooking up the xbox to the 37" ?

Burgo wrote: »
    No chance of hooking up the xbox to the 37" ?
    Nope.. unfortunately not.

The Xbox is in my office (for "working"... pfft!) upstairs whereas my PS3 is in the sitting room downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Ah sure now yer just trying to upset people:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just go for the PS3 tbh. Especially if you are tied into that configuration at home. You'd be mad to play a game like this on a 22". I should know. When I first bought my PS3 I was living with 2 mates who always hogged the 42" so I was happy out on my 22" Samsung in the bedroom. I had the place to myself one weekend and brought the PS3 down and couldn't get over how much my experience improved tbh. You're not really going to notice any problems (I reckon) if you just play through the PS3 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Are you the same guy that sends me messages on the playstation saying if I forward it to 35 people I will get free money. Nice spam there buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

EGriff wrote: »
    Tried xtravision myself, they open at 11 and they were sold out at quarter past when I went in. They only had 4 PS3 copies apparently.

Tesco don't seem to have it at all.

Where abouts are ye loads of coppies in Gorey if yer anywhere near there:)

Cheers Fizman... that was my thinking alright.

Plus not sure how much is left on my Gold sub... haven't played the 360 so it could have rolled back to a Silver sub for all I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Did anyone who pre-ordered in HMV get the code for the war horses (standard edition, not CE)?
    Can't find any in my box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Asked a friend who took the day off how he's finding the game.
    Got a quick text reply 'poker is fair addictive' followed soon after by 'won $50 - gonna buy me some company' :D

Thats it. I'm off to the shops...

mcgovern wrote: »
    Did anyone who pre-ordered in HMV get the code for the war horses (standard edition, not CE)?
    Can't find any in my box :(

I wasn't even aware that there was a unique code for HMV, I'll have a look in a while to see if I have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Got in in xtravision this morning! Was id'd for it too, first time ever! Sort of glad to see that they are iding though.

EDIT: Would prefer if they hadn't had put L2 + R2 as the aiming and shooting triggers... prefer L1+R1 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Hey anyone interested in forming a possie/gang later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Who give the best money for traded games ? Have a 10 euro voucher for Smyths so was gonna go there and trade in games. But could also go to HMV...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Ah sure now yer just trying to upset people:D

LOL, a little bit of evil banter is good. I just picked my copy up in HMV. I was chatting to the gut and there is no shortage there. The only thing is I have to wait until Sunday to play the game.

EDIT: Just looking at the card the guy game me. Looks like i got the war hourse for free :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

Tusky mate, i traded FF13 against it and they gave me 19euro off.. Game were giving me 50% of price of game. Was really a much of a muchness in both

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Was shopping round this morning folks. And these are the official prices in the places I checked.

Game (ilac centre): €45
    Gamestop (Liffey Street) €45

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Xtravision doing a deal, trade in 2 games for it. Dunno if they're specific games though :/

Tusky wrote: »
    Who give the best money for traded games ? Have a 10 euro voucher for Smyths so was gonna go there and trade in games. But could also go to HMV...

I posted this in the PS forum re my visit to HMV this morning......
    Killzone 2 - €8.50
    Street Fighter 4 - €10.50
    Pro Evo 2010 - €29 (even the guy who scanned it into the system said it was surprisingly high, I just smiled)
    Burnout Paradise - €6

I'd be going there if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

basquille wrote: »
    My PS3 is hooked up to a 1080P 37" TV connected to a 5.1 sound system.

Go with the PS3 setup. I've got my PS3 hooked up to my 42" with 5.1 surround sound. It's heaven. I used to play it on a 20" before I upgraded. GTA IV was AMASING !! Who cares if John Marsten's crotch looks better on the X-Box. Go with the better visual/audio set up. Bigger is better with games like this.

Hurry up postman, always bloody late.

Cheers TC... that's the plan!

Gonna pop into HMV now shortly and grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

The game is great! That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Kramers Gamers

Travelling is PAINFUL!!!! Riding the horse for so frigging far is a pain in the arse.

Advertisement