Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Another new trailer. Looking better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

yaaaaaaaaaaaaa can't wait for this! Bandanas to hide your face FTW!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This and Mafia 2 are probably the 2 games i'm most looking forward to this year.

Don't wanna think about Mafia 2 too much just in case its crap. I'm a huge fan of the 1st one so will be more disapointed if they make a balls of 2.

RDR looks like the nuts tho, never paid attention to this until a few weeks ago. Will be def getting this and UFC 2010 in May, will be using my birthday money!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Don't wanna think about Mafia 2 too much just in case its crap.
    Bite your tongue...bite it!! :P

• Advertisement

I know man, i know :D . I just really want them to do justice to the first game, I don't really care about snow on the roads, which one of the developers was very happy about (and some people on this board) If they even just made a remake of the first, I would be truly satisfied with that.

back on topic, does anyone know any good RDR fansites gathering info on this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Is Mafia really that good? I remember playing some gangster game on the PS2 where the cars only went around 40 miles an hour and I nearly died from boredom...

Is Mafia really that good? I remember playing some gangster game on the PS2 where the cars only went around 40 miles an hour and I nearly died from boredom...

Mafia on the PC is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes it's that good. You can pick it up on PC for about 7 euro now.

I heard the PS2 version was awful because there was so many glitches, draw distance, bad graphics etc. all info on wiki.

Ya, the speed limit was 30 miles and hour but you end up unlocking some rockets of cars which led to great police chase but ya, it is aw-feckin-some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Really looking forward to this. Loved GTAIV I don't know what some people have against that game, it's more gritty and hard edged than previous GTA games, but it was still a fantastic game. Certain people have problems with GTAII, GTAIII and San Andreas, the only universally liked games seem to be the original and Vice City. I loved them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sink wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Loved GTAIV I don't know what some people have against that game, it's more gritty and hard edged than previous GTA games, but it was still a fantastic game. Certain people have problems with GTAII, GTAIII and San Andreas, the only universally liked games seem to be the original and Vice City. I loved them all.
    I thought each and every one of them was superb, the best games ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

GTA3 and Vice City for me. Maybe less so GTAIV. I think alot of that is rose tinted specs though. GTA3 was the birth of a whole new genre. There had been nothing like it before. I remember some friends coming to visit one night in 2001 and we ended up playing it straight til 7am! Vice City was like the 80's on a disc, a really focused game. I thought things went off the rails with SA. Just too big. Rockstar tried to make it more of a life simulator than a game in some ways. GTAIV had the best of all worlds. The main reason I dont hold it in the same regard as GTA3 on the ps2 is simply cos that game broke the mould.

RedDead looks the business. Just gutted its not on pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

May. Frack. Time to get in the status pod.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looking forward to this game, shame its not gonna be on the pc tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Kiith wrote: »
    This and Mafia 2 are probably the 2 games i'm most looking forward to this year.
    Don't wanna think about Mafia 2 too much just in case its crap. I'm a huge fan of the 1st one so will be more disapointed if they make a balls of 2.

Thanks for mentioning Mafia 2... I just looked at some trailers and read some previews and it looks fantastic! Now I'm really looking forward to it.
    Apparently there are classic Playboy magazines dotted around the game and you can ogle the centrefolds! :D

Hey Sparrow, where did you read the previews for that crazy spoiler haha would love more info on both red dead and Mafia 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Hey Sparrow, where did you read the previews for that crazy spoiler haha would love more info on both red dead and Mafia 2

Here for the spoiler and here for the videos

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm been keeping tabs on this, it looks like the time and effort is being put into making a decent game. Here's hoping it turns out pretty good!

Rockstar have a reputation for making decent games as far as I know but I don't think I've ever played GTA (Don't hit me! ;) ), does anyone else think this'll be one of the better games of the year?

I'm really asking because I was really really worked up about borderlands, but I was really let down when it came out. So much so that I got bored and never finished the game. I'm hoping Red Dead won't be a repeat performance. Praying, in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Certainly does look interesting. Only time will tell if it's simply 'GTA: The Wild West'.

Here's a decent vid to go along with your OP.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i think it will be basically grand theft auto - wild west. but don't think it will take itself as serious as gta4. plus its bigger than san andreas so there should be loads to do and explore. there is also multiplayer but i am not sure what that involves yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

This is my "next big" game of the year. I hope they wont dissapoint. I wont be surprised if they delay the game further though. Rockstar are famous for postponting release dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

This is my "next big" game of the year. I hope they wont dissapoint. I wont be surprised if they delay the game further though. Rockstar are famous for postponting release dates.

I only copped on Tuesday that the release date had been set back a month, I was expecting it out in the next two weeks.

I was very miffed for something like 5 whole minutes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'm looking forward to this myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anybody know the cheapest place selling this? Most places online seem around €50

Edit: Actually Sendit seem the cheapest so far, whats their delivery time like?

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/ps3/red-dead-redemption/10078965.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

thorbarry wrote: »
    Anybody know the cheapest place selling this? Most places online seem around €50

The Hut has it for a great pre-order price. €40.43!! I think delivery from them is only about €1.50 as well.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/red-dead-redemption/10078965.html

Good thread on this on the PC section (I think its the PC section anyway)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838442

Lot of good videos and info on the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This game has just become a must buy after seeing some of the multiplayer details here
    If you thought Red Dead Redemption's single-player looked exciting, wait until you get a load of the extensive free-roaming multiplayer Rockstar has cooked up. Posse up!

I loved the free play multiplayer mode in Grand Theft Auto, and Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam multiplayer is a lot like that at its core. You and a bunch of other cowboys, riding the range. But instead of being a standalone game mode, all other multiplayer activities are tied into this Free Roam multiplayer. Form a posse and go hunting, or participate in team deathmatch shootouts, or just ride around, looking at the pretty scenery. It's all up to you.

That's the sort of freedom I can get behind. That's the sort of multiplayer that pushes Red Dead Redemption past a 'must buy' to a...I don't know, a 'really must buy', in my book at least.

Here is the latest Multiplayer vid. God it looks class! Looks like you start on a donkey as well until you level up to a horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Here is the latest Multiplayer vid. God it looks class! Looks like you start on a donkey as well until you level up to a horse!!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!!! I didnt see that video before, damn i want this game so bad !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

oooo this looks so good. Any more new vids, keep posting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

From what I've been hearing from games websites who played a build of it at PAX East it sounds like it's a love it or hate it game. There's lots of technical issues and is basically GTA in the Old West, which includes it's dodgy combat, making it worse by not having auto-snapping to targets. From what I've gathered it's basically if you love GTA IV and cowboys you'll like it. If not you won't be able to get past the technical/gameplay issues. I'm going to hold off on it until I read a fair few reviews and find out what other people think of it.

I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast and Jeff or someone was saying that talking to the people who had played it at PAX East it was like 50/50 loving it/hating it.

Advertisement