Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just messing around after opening mission and game looks amazing on the Xbox 360.

Linked in my Rockstar Social club and got a outfit unlock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Travelling is PAINFUL!!!! Riding the horse for so frigging far is a pain in the arse.

I know, every time i press x to go faster then hold x to keep it at that speed it just slows right down again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

€45 with a free 3:10 to Yuma Blu-ray in HMV Blanch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I know, every time i press x to go faster then hold x to keep it at that speed it just slows right down again. :(

If it's like GTA IV , then tapping X makes you sprint, but holding down x makes you run so you'd have to keep tapping X to go at the fastest speed but I'm sure your horse would tire quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

TinCool wrote: »
    If it's like GTA IV , then tapping X makes you sprint, but holding down x makes you run so you'd have to keep tapping X to go at the fastest speed but I'm sure your horse would tire quicker.

If i were walking it would be like that! Riding a horse is nothing like in GTA :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Travelling is PAINFUL!!!! Riding the horse for so frigging far is a pain in the arse.

Dont forget you can fast travel to any location you have already visited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just got it in HMV,despite pre-ordering it, they said 3.10 To Yuma was only with the PS3 edition.Anyone else told that?This is the Cork HMV now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

titan18 wrote: »
    Just got it in HMV,despite pre-ordering it, they said 3.10 To Yuma was only with the PS3 edition.Anyone else told that?This is the Cork HMV now

No, it was supposed to be with the Xbox aswell, they are snakes anyway, I rang them yesterday to pre-order and they said there was no need to pre-order and that there were plenty of copies of 3:10 to yuma but when I went in this morning they said they were all out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fizman wrote: »
    I posted this in the PS forum re my visit to HMV this morning......

I'd be going there if I was you.

Cheers for the tip off. Got 17 for Stories from Liberty City (thats what I paid for it on amazon at Christmas), 4 for the Orange Box, and 5 for something else. So got Red Dead for 18.99 with a free copy of 3:10 to Yuma on Blu Ray. Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Picked it up at lunch today, enjoying it so far, but for some reason, on the Xbox screen its not picking up the disk as Red Dead Redemption and not giving me the option to install it to the Hard Drive, this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

There was a sticker on my blu-ray that said "Free with Red Dead Redemption for the PS3," so unless they changed it. He also said they weren't sure what Blu-ray there were even going to be giving until that morning. Stock must have been low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I got RDR for the PS3 in HMV in Dundrum at about 10.15 this morning.
    They had the game in stock but said that there was no more of 3:10 to Yuma left! The cashier wrote on my receipt that I was due a copy and told me to come back another time to collect the blu-ray.

Thinking about it now, I had to specifically enquire about the free-be...they would have let me walk out of the bleedin' shop without telling me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Think im going to wait and see with this one rather than rush in. They are very good at hype and the game is starting to get a lot of negative feedback for faults and glitches. Similar to what happened with GTA4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Not the case in Blanchardstown...got the 360 version, and the Blu-ray. Was clearly labelled on both versions, indeed funnily enough the Blu-rays were sitting on the 360 shelf (and not the PS3 shelf too).

They might well have a different policy from store to store :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mcgovern wrote: »
    Did anyone who pre-ordered in HMV get the code for the war horses (standard edition, not CE)?
    Can't find any in my box :(

Yup, I got a code. Now to decide do I actually want to use it. Not a fan of getting bonuses and such at the start of a game. Would rather earn them. I'll let ye know if I'm not going to use it.

They gave me 3:10 to Yuma - I bought it for xbox and I didnt even preorder.

Regarding the warhorse, can you input that code at any stage or does it have to be at the start ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked it up in HMV Sligo there.. got the code but they ran out of stock of '3:10 To Yuma' on Blu-ray early this morning!

Am not that bothered as it's still the cheapest place to get the game as far as I'm aware.

They had the game in stock but said that there was no more of 3:10 to Yuma left! The cashier wrote on my receipt that I was due a copy and told me to come back another time to collect the blu-ray.
    Ran out of stock of the Blu-ray in Sligo too.. but wasn't told to come back and collect it when they had it in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was one copy left in the store I went into...6 people in front of me all with RDR boxes in their hands...

all of the 6 refused and I got it...stupid kids :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did anyone who pre-ordered in HMV get the code for the war horses (standard edition, not CE)?
    Can't find any in my box :(

I got a flyer with the code on it when i picked up my preorder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tusky wrote: »
    They gave me 3:10 to Yuma - I bought it for xbox and I didnt even preorder.

Regarding the warhorse, can you input that code at any stage or does it have to be at the start ?

Do you only get 3:10 to Yuma and the Warhorse with the Collectors Edition? Gonna try and pick it up at 17:30 in HMV on Grafton St today, but it will probably be too late.

Kiith wrote: »
    Do you only get 3:10 to Yuma and the Warhorse with the Collectors Edition?
    Nope.. comes with standard edition too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Fizman wrote: »
    Yup, I got a code. Now to decide do I actually want to use it. Not a fan of getting bonuses and such at the start of a game. Would rather earn them. I'll let ye know if I'm not going to use it.

Cheers, a friend went in a few hours after me, they had no 3:10 to Yuma left (blanch), but he did get the flyer for the War Horse.
    I can always try earn it in-game anyway if you want to hang-on to yours!

Kiith wrote: »
    Do you only get 3:10 to Yuma and the Warhorse with the Collectors Edition? Gonna try and pick it up at 17:30 in HMV on Grafton St today, but it will probably be too late.

I got it with the standard edition.
    Cheers, a friend went in a few hours after me, they had no 3:10 to Yuma left (blanch), but he did get the flyer for the War Horse.
    I can always try earn it in-game anyway if you want to hang-on to yours!

I got it in Blanch about an hour ago and they gave me 3:10 to Yuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

HMV Liffey Valley had plenty of 3:10 to Yuma Blue Rays left when I went in about 1.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Picked up the xbox version at 1.45 in Gamestop Dun Laoghaire. They were running low on non pre-ordered copies for the xbox, and were sold out for the ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

You'll get used to it. I found the controls a bit awkward at first, but when you get the hang of it and realise they were never intended to handle like GTA cars, its class. Something very satisfying about belting it full speed shooting guys left right and centre around you :D

P.S
    lassoing a cougar and dragging it into a town = endless lulz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Was one copy left in the store I went into...6 people in front of me all with RDR boxes in their hands...

Ha, that's classic!! :D

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Ha!

I'm a very young looking 26 year old and constantly get asked for ID in bars.. but wasn't asked for ID in my local HMV but when I was pre-ordering yesterday, a kid at the til next to me got refused. So they seem to be taking a stricter stance on age-limited games. Fair play.. they should! *

* obviously they're required to by law as well!

Advertisement