Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭rizzla

Picked up my copy earlier today for the xbox with the 3:10 to Yuma blu-ray. Bloke at the till told me the only reason the blu-ray also came with the xbox version was because the managers thought the xbox could play blu-rays too. Don't know how much I believe him, can they be that dumb?

Games great so far. Getting more involved with doing sidequest and just exploring the world than doing the main story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

rizzla wrote: »
    Picked up my copy earlier today for the xbox with the 3:10 to Yuma blu-ray. Bloke at the till told me the only reason the blu-ray also came with the xbox version was because the managers thought the xbox could play blu-rays too. Don't know how much I believe him, can they be that dumb?
    I'd say he was blowing smoke up your, or was misinformed.

I'm sure it would have been realised before a country-wide promotion (even my local HMV had professionally printed stands saying 'FREE 3:10 To Yuma Blu-ray with Xbox and PS3') was started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Class game!

Although some prick just stole my horse. last time I stop to help someone!

Although some prick just stole my horse. last time I stop to help someone!
    Ahhh... just like Ballymun! :pac: *

* no offence to the people... or horses.. of Ballymun!

basquille wrote: »
    I'd say he was blowing smoke up your, or was misinformed.

I'm sure it would have been realised before a country-wide promotion (even my local HMV had professionally printed stands saying 'FREE 3:10 To Yuma Blu-ray with Xbox and PS3') was started.

True. The last game they gave away a free blu-ray with was Bad Company 2 with The Hurt Locker. It was only available for the PS3 version of the game though. Maybe a few people complained.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice on the xbox version, whenever one of your friends comes online and the notification pops up the game stutters a bit? Kinda irritating in the middle of a firefight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Sold out in westside xtra-vision and game in Galway city.
    Got the second last one in game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Ha!

I'm a very young looking 26 year old and constantly get asked for ID in bars.. but wasn't asked for ID in my local HMV but when I was pre-ordering yesterday, a kid at the til next to me got refused. So they seem to be taking a stricter stance on age-limited games. Fair play.. they should! *

* obviously they're required to by law as well!

They're not believe it or not. :) Games ratings are advisory here rather than a legal requirement. Most if not all retailers will take the advisory and action it but they can't be prosecuted for it. (It's different if IFCO actually ban a game - then it's illegal to sell it full stop. They have on a couple of occasions put a rating on a game themselves which then becomes legally enforcable but 99.99% of games which are any with the PEGI rating on it are advisory)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

So... anyone know how much trade-in value I'd get for this? :|

I haven't traded in a new game in a long time so I wouldn't know.

My 360 decided to pack it in, so I'll probably have to get a copy for PS3 now. Just as I'm riding out with the Marshall from Armadillo for the first time, after that dude from the saloon. Perfect ****ing timing :(:( :mad:

Ah.. that's an absolute balls LookingFor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

LookingFor wrote: »
    So... anyone know how much trade-in value I'd get for this? :|

I haven't traded in a new game in a long time so I wouldn't know.

My 360 decided to pack it in, so I'll probably have to get a copy for PS3 now. Just as I'm riding out with the Marshall from Armadillo for the first time, after that dude from the saloon. Perfect ****ing timing :(:( :mad:

Ah no that sucks man! Talk about rubbish timing. I'd try and bring the game back and exchange it for a PS3 version. Just act like an idiot and say you were buying it for you little brother and you thought he had an 360 but he has a PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Ah.. that's an absolute balls LookingFor!

Trust me, it was a count-to-ten moment.

At least I was able to get the DVD back out. For a little while it looked like the disc would be stuck. Just wondering how much I'll be down to pick it up on PS3 now. God be with the days when you could bring a game back to Game within 7 days for an exchange...(not that'd help much here, picked mine up at HMV :|)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Ran out of stock of the Blu-ray in Sligo too.. but wasn't told to come back and collect it when they had it in stock.
    Same here!?
    Maybe worth ringing and asking if they can give it to us when its back in stock?

Same here!?
    Maybe worth ringing and asking if they can give it to us when its back in stock?
    Doubtful.. I mean, it does quote "while stocks lasts" in the promotional sign I saw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Doubtful.. I mean, it does quote "while stocks lasts" in the promotional sign I saw.
    Yeah was told the same myself when I enquired, wonder why he was given a different answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

skelliser wrote: »
    Sold out in westside xtra-vision and game in Galway city.
    Got the second last one in game!!

Why didn't you go to HMv mate? cheaper in there

I'm in Galway, what are the odds I'll be able to pick it up when I get into town in about an hour, i can try hmv and gamestop...and if they are all out then will they be restocked tomorrow? when does the next batch get in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ordered form play.com

will i ever learn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

donfers wrote: »
    Why didn't you go to HMv mate? cheaper in there

I'm in Galway, what are the odds I'll be able to pick it up when I get into town in about an hour, i can try hmv and gamestop...and if they are all out then will they be restocked tomorrow? when does the next batch get in?

Was in both extravisions (Galway city and Oranmore)... SOLD OUT! price (54.99)
    Went to Game... Sold out! price (44.99) Getting more in tomorrow!
    Game Stop had them in stock (44.99) I went in at half 3!
    Or Try HMV if Game are sold out, not sure what the price is though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

anyone know why xtravision dont have red dead on ps3 but they do on xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DufferO8 wrote: »

same thing happen me

i had to go to another xtra vision store to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

There is a general shortage of supply with regard to the PS3 version being experienced across the board by the looks of it. Some supplier problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

Fizman wrote: »
    There is a general shortage of supply with regard to the PS3 version being experienced across the board by the looks of it. Some supplier problem.
    any word on when it will be in? because i have a xtravision gift card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any word on when it will be in? because i have a xtravision gift card?

I was told next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sold out in HMV on Grafton St, and Game in Stephens Green on the 360. Still some PS3 copies when i went in. I picked it up in Argos in Stephens Green for €43.99. 2 Left an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sold out in my Xtra vision..No other stores near me :(..FML...Dont even member Modern Warfare being sold out like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Picked it up in HMV in the crescent s.c. Limerick. Guy there said that they were down to the last few copies. No copies of Yuma left either though so that was a bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grim. wrote: »
    ordered form play.com

will i ever learn :(

I feel your pain, had to order off amazon.co.uk as I had a voucher, ETA the 25th
    The code for Golden guns they emailed to me this morning was both unexpected and welcome though it just made me want to play it even more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone know where I can get the Limited Edition online? or in Waterford?

Went in today had no luck anywhere and went online and its 89 Euro on Play (lmao) and sold out on thehut!

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a quick spin there and really like it. The atmosphere and world they've created is fantastic. It is just the GTA template applied to the Wild West, but this is by no means a bad thing. Online seems like great fun too, co-op bandit take-downs ftw! Looking forward to exploring the world, and hopefully some train robberies along the way ;)

Oh, didn't get 3:10 either. Apparently only for pre-orders in HMV Henry Street. Didn't want it enough to bother arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

kendragon wrote: »
    Picked it up in HMV in the crescent s.c. Limerick. Guy there said that they were down to the last few copies. No copies of Yuma left either though so that was a bummer.

i was in there not 15 mins ago and they were sold out :(

Advertisement