Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

shocked that it's sold out around - quite a while since I can remember agame selling out - did GTA4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got my copy yaaaaaaa. Guy in front got special edition. He told cashier that he was all over town and couldn't get it. Had mine reserved and got 3:10 to yuma as well (delighted it wasn't clash of the titans!)

Anyway, I open it and I see a code for the War horse!!!?? Is this supplied in all standard editions???

Turn it on and jump straight into an online lobby. Straight away, some random name asks me to join his posse, I refuse as I don't know the buttons. I whistle for my mighty donkey and he ends up running past me, just misses a shed and stumbles down a hill. I think the donkey is retarded??

Can anyone tell me the skin you start off in (looks like a regular cowboy) When I went to pick a different skin, couldn't see the default one.

Jumped into SP, bit slow starting off but really nice. Following the 1st guy on the horse, I just kept positioning the camera at the sunset, beautiful R*!

Only beef so far is the back buttons for aim & shoot. I hate that! Especially as I had to open my joypad a few weeks back and since putting it back the back buttons are very sensitive. Said i'd leave it as I'd rarely use the back buttons! First saloon i go into, my finger must have grazed the aim button and he whips out the gun, place starts panicking and 5 guys pointing their guns at me, thankfully i found the holster button!

Sorry for the long write up, just so happy to have this game at last!!! Will be on late tonight if anyone is on, add me:

PSN - sheehy83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There must have been stock problems. My local xtravision only got 4 PS3 copies. MW2 didn't sell out anywhere, that I heard, and that sold a HUGE amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mods? Any chance ye can make a mega thread for this and combine the PS3 and Xbox threads into this one or would people mind? Sick of checking all 3 for updates.

Anyway, such a class game! One of the lads just txt me saying he can't connect to anyone one online. I'm guessing he meant competitive modes. Anyone have any problems with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Anyone know the trade-in value for Bad Company 2 at Xtravision given the 'project $10' lark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Maybe nowhere knew it was going to be this huge?I only heard of the game like 2-3 days ago from seeing the thread here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Soby wrote: »
    Maybe nowhere knew it was going to be this huge?I only heard of the game like 2-3 days ago from seeing the thread here lol

Well I was in xtra vision last week and chatting to the guy there as it was quiet and he asked if I was going to get it and that I should pre order if I was planning on getting it on release day, so they seemed to know there would be a big demand / short supply at least.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Soby wrote: »

Good call but it was definately one that was going to be a huge huge release - retailers knew that's why your seeing such deals for it - it always happens over the marque games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah there wasn't even to cover pre orders in newry for ps3, got mine just in time, was only 4 copies left in game.

Its an awesome game btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

I used to played Red Dead Revolver to death on the PS2 and have been waiting and waiting for this to come out. Too bad I'm leaving on a round the world trip for a year and a half and won't get to play it :(... Could be worse I suppose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

Headshot wrote: »
    I was told next week
    well then xtravision wont be getting my money

Grrr..i couldnt sleep last night and was gonna get it at like 9 this morning but fell asleep at 8 till 4 this afternoon...:(..Anyone in MAYNOOTH know if their Tesco has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I rang Game o nDawson St this mornin asking if they only had pre orders. "We are swimming in copies. You'll have no trouble. Might not have the Limited Edition for long".

Swanned in at half 11/12. Got the Limited Edition off the shelf, no bother, only 3/4 other people in the shop too, not even buying it.

P.S: The code gives you the warhorse/deadly assassins/golden guns in the one code. I HATE the golden guns :( haha. Can't wait to get rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

donfers wrote: »
    Why didn't you go to HMv mate? cheaper in there

I'm in Galway, what are the odds I'll be able to pick it up when I get into town in about an hour, i can try hmv and gamestop...and if they are all out then will they be restocked tomorrow? when does the next batch get in?

I was doubled parked! that's why I couldn't check Hmv.
    Don't know about smyths.
    I ya didnt get it today I would try PC world or curry's tomorrow, people always forget about them especially PC world. Could pay a premium tho.

G'luck

Heard everywhere is gonna be restocked tomorrow..dont quote me on it though lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i just got the game today and i was gonna do my first showdown on the singleplayer all of a sudden my screen went black and my ps3 froze anything similar happen to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i just got the game today and i was gonna do my first showdown on the singleplayer all of a sudden my screen went black and my ps3 froze anything similar happen to anyone

Had the PS3 lock up when I was playing online and had to restart it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This game is amazing. I'm on my first bounty, just travelling out and I get to Mantecca Falls, it's the biggest 'holy ****' awe moment I've had in a game since stepping out to Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

So did anyone who didnt get the 3:10 to yuma blu ray after pre ordering the game on xbox or ps3, manage to get it, or get a voucher or something in exchange for it, after a bit of arguing? Im considering going in tomorrow and giving out about it as I wanted that blu ray....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

So did anyone who didnt get the 3:10 to yuma blu ray after pre ordering the game on xbox or ps3, manage to get it, or get a voucher or something in exchange for it, after a bit of arguing? Im considering going in tomorrow and giving out about it as I wanted that blu ray....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Propane..

At the end of the day, it did say "while stocks last.." - I pre-ordered and was meant to get it but didn't.

It's disappointing but hardly worth hassling staff in HMV about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I am loving this game :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rigardo wrote: »
    I used to played Red Dead Revolver to death on the PS2 and have been waiting and waiting for this to come out. Too bad I'm leaving on a round the world trip for a year and a half and won't get to play it :(... Could be worse I suppose :p

It should be cheap though by the time you get back :P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

just travelling out and I get to Mantecca Falls, it's the biggest 'holy ****' awe moment

Yep! Same thing happened to me.

Great game so far. Played about 4 hours this evening. Completed some missions, but also did a lot of exploring. Really is a vast space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Think someone in the games or xbox forum said that "subject to availability" was written on the poster, like they have with all these offers. So I doubt they'll give you anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I didnt pre-order, but got 3:10 to yuma free anyway. I was there at 9am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Only beef so far is the back buttons for aim & shoot. I hate that!

uh-oh... please tell me this can be changed to front? L1 / R1?? i simply refuse to have the 'trigger' buttons enforced on me, regardless of how great a game is. ruined Bioshock 1 for me :( didn't play it

same deal w/ Xtravision for me.. no PS3 / lots of Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Star Bingo wrote: »
    uh-oh... please tell me this can be changed to front? L1 / R1?? i simply refuse to have the 'trigger' buttons enforced on me, regardless of how great a game is. ruined Bioshock 1 for me :( didn't play it

same deal w/ Xtravision for me.. no PS3 / lots of Xbox

It's not a big deal! The buttons are there to be used

Did anyone get it in HMV or Game today in Liffey Valley without pre ordering it?..Man i want this game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

Controls are a set configuration, the same as GTA4. I have had no problems with them in either GTA4 or the endless hours I put into Borderlands.

Anyway, this game is great so far. There is so much to do in the game. You can ride around for ages on your horse and level up your character skills by killing animals, hunting for flowers or treasure hunting without even touching the main game story.

Advertisement