Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Has anyone bought it today yet?In places that were sold yet yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Played the single player for a few hours today and ran into a few glitches with one off the bounty missions and then when I was getting transported to a waypoint the driver pulled out into the path of an oncoming train :o .

Decided to play multiplayer instead and got the kill a rock star trophy in the first ten minutes :D.

Great game so far but not without it's flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Everytime i wander out into the wilderness as part of my hunting expedition, i hear these random gunshots being fired. I find it extremely hard to find the source of these gunshots. Once i saw 2 sheriffs (lawmen) chasing down a guy and then killing him ( after shooting him in the leg first) I then waited for the lawmen to leave and looted his body.

My question is, i find it extremly difficult to find the source of these random gunshots. Do u guys have the same problem? Is there someway i can interfere with these gunfights? I mean, is this some kind of optional side mission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

jmx009 wrote: »
    My question is, i find it extremly difficult to find the source of these random gunshots. Do u guys have the same problem? Is there someway i can interfere with these gunfights? I mean, is this some kind of optional side mission?

I play with headphones, and find it much easier to find where the gunshots are coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I have surround sound and its easy to tell where the shots are coming from.

I remember back in the day when I was stuck with stereo, I played Uncharted and was so annoyed with the sound mix as i had to be looking at my side-kick to hear what they were saying. Every time i turned my back on them it just muted them.

Surround Sound FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya i'm the same, I hear gunshots and start doing 360's like crazy, then see people shooting but don't know who to help haha! Wow the treasure maps are not helpful. I spent 30 mins straight looking for the 1st treasure at Hanging Rock. When I found it and got the 2nd map, I was like 'yaaaaa... maybe later'. Ever since I bought the room above the saloon in Armadillo, I havn't been able to leave cuz of the stupidly addictive poker!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Finical wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247674?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Haha obviously some media had nothing better to write about today. :D

I wouldn't be surprised at all if R* PR were ringing up tabloids and feeding them the manufactured outrage they live off. Cheap form of publicity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone up for some online play tonight on the 360?

Can't stop playing the mini games in this, mainly dice (and poker to a lesser extent)

I've butchered about 150 animals in 6 hours(and the first 2/3/4 were spent doing the intro missions till the play breaks up and your free to roam), i'm spending most of my time decimating the local wilderness to feed my gambling addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Can't stop playing the mini games in this, mainly dice (and poker to a lesser extent)

I've butchered about 150 animals in 6 hours(and the first 2/3/4 were spent doing the intro missions till the play breaks up and your free to roam), i'm spending most of my time decimating the local wilderness to feed my gambling addiction

Developed a bit of a gambling addiction meself. Playing poker and had a run from A,2,3,4,5. Went all in. Apparently it's not a run and I'm now stony broke. Back to shooting coyotes, birds and pickin' flowers!:pac:

I love this game so far. I do, however, hope I get a chance to put a bullet in dear old Mr West Dickens' head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Developed a bit of a gambling addiction meself. Playing poker and had a run from A,2,3,4,5. Went all in. Apparently it's not a run and I'm now stony broke. Back to shooting coyotes, birds and pickin' flowers!:pac:

I love this game so far. I do, however, hope I get a chance to put a bullet in dear old Mr West Dickens' head.

Aces high my friend!

I've won a bit on the poker, nothing huge though. Having no luck at all with 5 finger fillet. I'm keeping with the main storyline as its really enthralling.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone up for some online play tonight on the 360?

Sure mate. Gamertag is 'The Leprachaun'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The poker game is way too addictive, making some good money on it though.Same with Liar's Dice,which is kinda easy to make money on.Blackjack is annoying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Absolutely phenomenal game. Still early in the story missions, just been p1ssing about the countryside around Armadillo and MacFarlan's Ranch mostly.

Only problem is the Dead Eye targeting system has just been "upgraded", and I don't like it at all.

At the start of the game, you enable to Dead Eye, time slows down and you aim and fire as you wish. Now, with this supposed "upgrade", little red Xs appear whenever you move your aiming dot over a target and you fire automatically. So, if you wanted to try shoot a gun out of a bandit's hand and you sweep your aim across the bandit's body to reach his arm, you'll probably end up automatically putting two bullets in his chest when you had no wish to do so and actually wanted to take him alive.

Worst thing just happened to me though. I found an awesome wild black horse, really fast, which I tamed and rode to Armadillo. Hitched him up outside the saloon and then a drunk attacked a whore. I drew my revolver, went into Dead Eye mode, and proceeded to blow my prize horse's brains out simply because my horse's head was fairly close to where I was bringing my aim to take out the drunk!!! :mad: *find horse, catch horse, tame horse, ride horse to town, hitch horse outside bar, blow horse's brains out* :mad:

Am I missing something? There has to be a way of having more control over these Xs and stopping Marston from auto shooting whenever they appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

if you create an account here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ and to to the rdr page, you can unlock a cheat that lets you go back to using dead eye 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ShaneU wrote: »
    if you create an account here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ and to to the rdr page, you can unlock a cheat that lets you go back to using dead eye 1.

Something wonky with that site when I try to sing up. Keeps telling me to enter a valid DOB, and no I'm not under 18.

Edit, Never mind. Turns out I've been a member since 21/4/08. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

After 11 hours of gameplay I've finally arrived in Nuevo Pariso (Mexico)!!

And when I made land on the other side of the San Luis River I was greeted by the sound of Jose Gonzalez playing the song Far Away...

Say what you want about the graphics, gameplay, characters, story etc, the soundtrack to RDR is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Say a prayer they have copies in Liffey Valley for me tomorrow guys:(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

No it's just the stereo sound, I'm running 5.1 and just follow that. You can interfere when markers come up and that will affect your fame. Other times I think it's just to give the world an atmosphere and make it seem more real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had to drag myself away from this as my eyes are starting to sting. Over 12 hours in and 47% complete. And I only bought the damn thing yesterday. Addictive is too tame a word. I'd go on playing all night if my eyes were up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How do you know if a horse is better than your current one? I've probably rode by hundreds of em at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Branoic wrote: »
    Absolutely phenomenal game. Still early in the story missions, just been p1ssing about the countryside around Armadillo and MacFarlan's Ranch mostly.

Only problem is the Dead Eye targeting system has just been "upgraded", and I don't like it at all.

At the start of the game, you enable to Dead Eye, time slows down and you aim and fire as you wish. Now, with this supposed "upgrade", little red Xs appear whenever you move your aiming dot over a target and you fire automatically. So, if you wanted to try shoot a gun out of a bandit's hand and you sweep your aim across the bandit's body to reach his arm, you'll probably end up automatically putting two bullets in his chest when you had no wish to do so and actually wanted to take him alive.

Worst thing just happened to me though. I found an awesome wild black horse, really fast, which I tamed and rode to Armadillo. Hitched him up outside the saloon and then a drunk attacked a whore. I drew my revolver, went into Dead Eye mode, and proceeded to blow my prize horse's brains out simply because my horse's head was fairly close to where I was bringing my aim to take out the drunk!!! :mad: *find horse, catch horse, tame horse, ride horse to town, hitch horse outside bar, blow horse's brains out* :mad:

Am I missing something? There has to be a way of having more control over these Xs and stopping Marston from auto shooting whenever they appear.

When you go to Mexico you meet this guy (not gonna mention his name) and he teaches you dead eye 3 where you can mark targets yourself with LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Has anyone tried multiplayer yet. Whenever I do, I'm the only person in the session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Dam cougars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Worth getting?

Hell yeah
    TheTosh wrote: »
    Dam cougars

They're sneaky feckers...killed my horse and left me stranded too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

Worth getting?

I think so. The actual main story is pretty good but outside of that, there is just so much happening and random things to do that it makes it a great great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

So lads is this worth getting ride of my MW2 copy for? xD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The more I play, the more I realise just how good an open-world game this is. GTA IV is good and all, but sometimes feels a little empty. In Red Dead Redemption (and Yakuza series is another good example) there are just so many distractions keeping you from getting things on. I spent ages just playing poker yesterday - delighted when I finally managed to knock out the whole table. Then I decided to go for the
    dastardly trophy
    , which was terrific fun (got to love the sight of that smoke plume appearing in the distance). Within an hour and a half I had herded cows, broke in horses, fallen down a large waterfall (oops), gone hunting, stopped a couple of outlaws, destroyed people in poker, and been an old fashioned super villain with the law on my tail.

This game is win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Everytime i wander out into the wilderness as part of my hunting expedition, i hear these random gunshots being fired. I find it extremely hard to find the source of these gunshots. Once i saw 2 sheriffs (lawmen) chasing down a guy and then killing him ( after shooting him in the leg first) I then waited for the lawmen to leave and looted his body.

I think you get honor points if you kill the criminal.

Advertisement