Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Small question, I bought the CE and had the little sheet with the code for the downloadables inside the case. However, outside the case was another with a seperate code for what looks like the War Horse on its own.
    Is this a case of having two War Horses and if so would anyone like one? The codes are different so it looks like two...
    Worth getting?

The day before release I was debating buying it. I bought it on the day and do not, in any way, regret it.

If you like free-roaming, you'll love this. There's always plenty to do, too. You might find random people to help, go hunting for animals, go bounty hunting, fight bandits in their hideouts, gamble or just raid a convent, hogtie a nun and leave her on a train track.
    Followed by a twirl of your moustache.

As I said, I bought the CE (when I saw it included the soundtrack I had to, I'm a sucker for soundtracks) and it's really worth it just for the soundtrack. The music is excellent in this, from the soft twangs and whistles of the ambient music to the racing beats of combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

ongarite wrote: »
    The actual main story is pretty good but outside of that, there is just so much happening and random things to do that it makes it a great great game.

Damn right. Everytime i start playing RDR, i promise myself that i will be focusing on story missions but 5 minutes into the game, i get carried off. Now after about 4-6 hours into the game, i still havent completed more than 10 missions.

I love hunting in the wilderness. The animals and birds that come out are different at different times of the day. I shot down an owl earlier today. Apparently owls only come out at night (ingame).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone come across any bad glitches yet? (I have the 360 version)

On two occasions I've gone by wagons and they're bouncing around making a really loud noise (First I thought someone was getting it on inside)

One of them happened during a mission. The wagon was bouncing around in the background all through the cut scene too. Part of the mission involved getting on the wagon and riding shotgun. But when you get on it, it doesn't move - just keeps jumping around with that noise.

I left it for ages, went back and tried it again. Same deal.

Luckily turning the console off and on seems to fix it. Would have been ****ed if it didnt, as it was a main story mission.

Other than that, the only time I've ever been arrested the game froze up on the loading screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

So did anyone who didnt get the 3:10 to yuma blu ray after pre ordering the game on xbox or ps3, manage to get it, or get a voucher or something in exchange for it, after a bit of arguing? Im considering going in tomorrow and giving out about it as I wanted that blu ray....

i got it alright though they were all sold out though but i managed to get it thanks to my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

If anyone is up for some multiplayer add me PSN: kautostar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thats it, I'm off out to get it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

o1s1n wrote: »

On two occasions I've gone by wagons and they're bouncing around making a really loud noise (First I thought someone was getting it on inside)

One of them happened during a mission. The wagon was bouncing around in the background all through the cut scene too. Part of the mission involved getting on the wagon and riding shotgun. But when you get on it, it doesn't move - just keeps jumping around with that noise.

Luckily turning the console off and on seems to fix it. Would have been ****ed if it didnt, as it was a main story mission.

Other than that, the only time I've ever been arrested the game froze up on the loading screen.

Have had a pretty nice glitch happen to me.Finished a bounty hunter mission and died a few minutes later, bounty hunter mission appeared again and i already had the money for it so did the same mission twice and ended up with 480 from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I fell through the ground and ended up falling back onto it somehow 5 meters away...

Does anyone else hear random screaming around the place? Last night it almost started to sound like two men getting it on, one of who was not enjoying it, was quite freaked out by that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Thats it, I'm off out to get it. :D
    Not on PS3 Micky, unless you are made of win and magic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Loving this game although people in multiplayer are starting to piss me off with their stupidity. Nobody joins up to games when suggested cus they are all out shooting each other for xp but you get more xp for killing people in games. Dumbasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im having the same problem with locating were the gunshots are coming from

also im not sure how your skills increase and how you improve the dead eye i dont do user manuals so any hints?

is it the hunting missions and stuff that improves your skills or is it the missions? i dont see skills increasing after missions

as far as the dead eye goes i think im at the point were i can slow the time down and have one pre planned shot but im not sure how to place that preplanned shot or if its done automatically

decent game so far hasnt grabbed me totally just yet but we will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Game froze on me first time I tried a duel.
    In multiplayer I'm constantly seeing flying, supersonic horses, horses that run through mountains, horses that disappear and re-appear a few feet away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Branoic wrote: »
    Absolutely phenomenal game. Still early in the story missions, just been p1ssing about the countryside around Armadillo and MacFarlan's Ranch mostly.

Only problem is the Dead Eye targeting system has just been "upgraded", and I don't like it at all.

At the start of the game, you enable to Dead Eye, time slows down and you aim and fire as you wish. Now, with this supposed "upgrade", little red Xs appear whenever you move your aiming dot over a target and you fire automatically. So, if you wanted to try shoot a gun out of a bandit's hand and you sweep your aim across the bandit's body to reach his arm, you'll probably end up automatically putting two bullets in his chest when you had no wish to do so and actually wanted to take him alive.

Worst thing just happened to me though. I found an awesome wild black horse, really fast, which I tamed and rode to Armadillo. Hitched him up outside the saloon and then a drunk attacked a whore. I drew my revolver, went into Dead Eye mode, and proceeded to blow my prize horse's brains out simply because my horse's head was fairly close to where I was bringing my aim to take out the drunk!!! :mad: *find horse, catch horse, tame horse, ride horse to town, hitch horse outside bar, blow horse's brains out* :mad:

Am I missing something? There has to be a way of having more control over these Xs and stopping Marston from auto shooting whenever they appear.
    I've the same problem with Dead Eye. And in duels sometimes it lets me paint the target and sometimes it doesnt. But when it does, he doesn't shoot and I end up dying everytime.

I've also noticed a glitch in poker where the AI wins even though I've a better hand. I had two pairs and the AI had one pair and he still won. And it doesn't help that I can't win at poker to save my life, even when I'm cheating at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Was/still playing just there. Taking my horse for a leisurely stroll through the countryside when out of nowhere I'm attacked by a cougar. It kills my horse and when I shoot it, it runs away...backstard!

No retribution for my poor horse and now I'm stranded in the middle of the wilderness. Then suddenly, I hear barking/growling...where's it coming from? Right behind me.

Seven, count em, seven wolves hungry for flesh chase me down and eventually kill me :(

Love this game. Can't wait to take on a bear :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone fancy a multiplayer game on the ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Had the exact same thing happen with wagons in armadillo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the freeroam multiplayer like?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Whats the freeroam multiplayer like?

Free roam is basically the whole map fully open to u. U can do anything u want. All the NPC gangs present in the single game are present and u can (if u want) make passe's and hunt them down. U get XP points for doing so. Alternatively u could hunt down animals and gain XP. Heck u can even shoot normal NPC doing normal activities like driving a carriage horse and gain xp.

Its basically the whole map and the game elements at ur disposal. U can do anything u want. U could team up with other players or u could be a solo cowboy.

I hope that helps.
    PeakOutput wrote: »
    also im not sure how your skills increase and how you improve the dead eye i dont do user manuals so any hints?

is it the hunting missions and stuff that improves your skills or is it the missions? i dont see skills increasing after missions

as far as the dead eye goes i think im at the point were i can slow the time down and have one pre planned shot but im not sure how to place that preplanned shot or if its done automatically

I am not sure what u mean by "Skill Increase ". I know that u can gain XP and increase ur level by playing multiplayer. By doing so u get access to new characters, rides, weapons etc but i dont think there is any way of leveling up in single player. In single player u unlock stuff as u go on through the story. Hunting,collecting herbs etc are challenges that i assume would give u trophies (once fully completed). I am still working on my hunting challenges.

As far as dead eye, i am only able to slow the time down. I still dont know how to paint the enemies . I assume its something that u would learn once u reach a certain part of the story. Maybe somebody else can help with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kazuma wrote: »

Hee hee, I'm made of win and magic * :D

*Did take a few tries before I found a place with it in stock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Kazuma wrote: »

HAs it soldout everywhere?

• Advertisement

jmx009 wrote: »
    Free roam is basically the whole map fully open to u. U can do anything u want. All the NPC gangs present in the single game are present and u can (if u want) make passe's and hunt them down. U get XP points for doing so. Alternatively u could hunt down animals and gain XP. Heck u can even shoot normal NPC doing normal activities like driving a carriage horse and gain xp.

Its basically the whole map and the game elements at ur disposal. U can do anything u want. U could team up with other players or u could be a solo cowboy.

I hope that helps.

It most certainly did,thank you.

I just tried it there and I did'nt come across anyother players only NPCS :confused:

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Was/still playing just there. Taking my horse for a leisurely stroll through the countryside when out of nowhere I'm attacked by a cougar. It kills my horse and when I shoot it, it runs away...backstard!

That happened me too,bastard got my horse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

HAs it soldout everywhere?

It soldout more then Ozzy Osbourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Thought it was quite strange i went in to get this on friday in gamestop in town and said to the lads well I guess youll be out of stock on the PS3 version then

guy looked at me as if i had 10 heads, he said what ye on about we have loads of those the only version we dont have as its sold out is the 360 collectors edition

:confused:

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

^ the counterpoint to that is I went to gamestop in douglas in cork, went up to the desk and asked for a ps3 copy and your man looked at me like i'd just asked for a bash off his mam. he laughed derisively and said "try tomorrow".. no you smug git I'll try somewhere else..

went to game in mahon point and did the whole "sorry, just wondering if ye have..." and your one just handed me a copy. it was a fiver cheaper in game too.. win...

on the game itself, really enjoying it. only played it for three or four hours and I haven't gotten much of the story done, but there's just so much other stuff to do instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 red dead

hey im looking for people to play with online on ps3! My psn is jman1264 so add me if anyone wants to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Roar wrote: »
    ^ the counterpoint to that is I went to gamestop in douglas in cork, went up to the desk and asked for a ps3 copy and your man looked at me like i'd just asked for a bash off his mam. he laughed derisively and said "try tomorrow".. no you smug git I'll try somewhere else..

Some of the staff in that store are ridiculously smug and smarmy ><

Really want RDR. Gonna wait till after the leaving cert though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Every time i go to thieves landing my horse somehow throws itself in the water and dies after i get off to save someone being kidnapped. Stupid horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wasn't expecting this game to have a sex scene. Bouncing boobies and all. I can see mothers all over the country screaming in horror. Excellent :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

sold out in hmv in cork for the ps3, and you wont get a free bluray, i was told that was for pre orders only

also sold out in gamestop in midleton, wont be getting more in until tuesday

Advertisement