Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting this game to have a sex scene. Bouncing boobies and all. I can see mothers all over the country screaming in horror. Excellent :pac:
    Cheers for that. Havent reached that point yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Spoiler tags please....

LOL look at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

Hey Guys. Just wondering what ye make of the graphics on the PS3 version. My copy was delivered yesterday but just got a chance to play it now. I've only played about 45 mins in, but I have to say I'm not really impressed with the graphics. It doesn't seem very 'polished' to me and I often saw trees and buildings pop up as I was riding towards them.

Just wondering what you're opinions were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Stupid amazon only sent it the day of release, I usually order from the hut and have gotten some games early like MW2.

Are the golden guns and horse unlockable thru playing the game or is it pre order only?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

Jet Black wrote: »
    Stupid amazon only sent it the day of release, I usually order from the hut and have gotten some games early like MW2.

Are the golden guns and horse unlockable thru playing the game or is it pre order only?

I pre-ordered it from Amazon and it was dispatched on Thursday. On Friday I got an e-mail with the code for the golden guns. Haven't used it yet. As far as I know you can still get the golden guns through normal play by completing challenges for each gun (think I saw it in one of the vids).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone up for some power leveling my mate got from 20 to 50 yesterday doing it this way.

also any of you think that on mission where you have to prove the power of that elixir the cut scene after with the old guy look weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Anyone come across any bad glitches yet? (I have the 360 version)

On two occasions I've gone by wagons and they're bouncing around making a really loud noise (First I thought someone was getting it on inside)

One of them happened during a mission. The wagon was bouncing around in the background all through the cut scene too. Part of the mission involved getting on the wagon and riding shotgun. But when you get on it, it doesn't move - just keeps jumping around with that noise.

I left it for ages, went back and tried it again. Same deal.

Luckily turning the console off and on seems to fix it. Would have been ****ed if it didnt, as it was a main story mission.

Other than that, the only time I've ever been arrested the game froze up on the loading screen.

I stumbled across some haunted hills :D A bunch of coyote's ended up underneath the ground... barking and screaming like loons and although you couldn't see them if you got too close you got hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

lifted from the other RDR thread:

have decided to avoid it altogether as its GTAIV: Wild West n i loathed GTAIV. picked up Forgotten Sands instead - Juarez will remain my most recent western experience in a game.. and it was a surprisingly good. underrate more games i say!! not overrate.. u know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Please don't insult RDR by comparing it to GTA:IV. You can't compare the two. Ok how the maps is the same but in fairness you can't compare the wild west to new york. You don't konw what your missing out on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cheers for that. Havent reached that point yet.

Argh, if you're that touchy about hearing things in the game then don't read a thread about the game. Simple. The thread is here to discuss the game.

I would also not consider what I said a spoiler. I did not mention any characters, context, plot, nothing. It was me pointing out that there was some boobs and lovin'. That's it.

'OMG, HE WAS LUKE'S FATHER!!' is a spoiler.
    You can also shoot people and ride horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah FFS..! :pac:

I've had the game since Friday and I still have barely got a chance to play it. Literally played for less than 10 minutes.

Planning a few hours at it tonight but need to get up for the 'Lost' finale in the morning, and do a full days work! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Shawzer i should've learned my lesson w/ GTAIV, but on discovering RDR was very much it but in a different era.. i still tried to buy it. of course it had long since flown off the shelves

its typical of a lazy rockstar to kick back for years on the millions they made on a well marketed album then eventually return with the same formula. i just can't trust em. i hated everything about GTAIV and but for the setting thats what this is.. on a disturbing level. am disgusted tbh as i waited years for this but different series > different engine? please. especially when one's releases are so sparse. crazy drawn-out hype for the same template there's been discussions on the lack of innovation/originality these days, but this really takes the biscuit.

but you fans of the GTAIV engine are a lucky bunch.. so enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Came across a very annoying bug (i think). Was being chased due to a large bounty on my head. Died in the shootout. Woke up in Jail with no cash! Booo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

what the hell are you about? RDR isnt even made by the same developer as GTA4. They may both be sandbox games but everything else is different. All the complaints people had with GTA4 are improved or absent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Has anyone else found an intermittent glich where the dialogue disappears completely when talking to the mission characters when starting a new mission? Subtitles display what the characters are saying but the only audible sounds are background noises like birds and crickets. This is on the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Hee hee, I'm made of win and magic * :D

*Did take a few tries before I found a place with it in stock though.
    Don't suppose the place you got it was in Dublin, was it? If so, spill the beans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just took down my first buffalo :D

Now to find a bear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

HAs it soldout everywhere?

For anyone in the Dublin area, Game in Dundrum have a load of ps3 copies - both the standard edition and the special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great look and atmosphere in this game. I'm dissapointed that it suffers from a lot of the same things that GTA games do.

Dead Eye Level 2.... Really ruins a lot of enjoyment.

ongarite wrote: »
    what the hell are you about? RDR isnt even made by the same developer as GTA4. They may both be sandbox games but everything else is different. All the complaints people had with GTA4 are improved or absent.

This game feels a HUGELY like a GTA game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Shawzer i should've learned my lesson w/ GTAIV, but on discovering RDR was very much it but in a different era.. i still tried to buy it. of course it had long since flown off the shelves

I'd disagree with that assertion vehemently. Aside from a couple of surface similarities, the pace and feel of this are both fairly radically different. There's far more depth than GTAIV, there's a lot more to do and discover, and most of all, there's a genuine sense of surviving on your own wits and means out in the wilderness.

In a lot of ways, it's closer to something like Fallout, I'd say - but even then, I have to say it's the first game I've played in a long time that has very much it's own identity. It's got a couple of things in common with a few other games, but it doesn't quite feel like anything other than Red Dead Redemption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

loving the game :) especially for the little things in it.

I was up in armadillo sitting outside the cinema and for what ever reason i look to my left and there is one of the local dogs taking a slash, he was lucky he didnt get me otherwise i would have had to put him down for the cheek :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Does anybody know a way to carry a pistol only in the single-player, dont get me wrong, i like having the shotgun and rifles when needed but i'd like to carry just a pistol too from time to time. Looks more bad-ass too!

As in, how do you select your pistol?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Grayditch wrote: »
    As in, how do you select your pistol?

No sorry if i wasn't more descriptive. I mean to only carry a pistol. I just think it looks weird walking round with a nice suit and a rifle over your shoulder. Was just wondering was there a way to unselect them so he doesn't look like he's carrying them around with him constantly. Believe this is just a small gripe about an amazing game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Saw this thread earlier and then decided to go and buy the game.

It's fookin' epic :D

Took me a while to get used of the horse riding but sure, its grand now! The game is class though, GTA Old Western style, and the map/land seems huge too.

Quality stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The entrance into Mexico is simply ****ing epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

quarryman wrote: »
    Came across a very annoying bug (i think). Was being chased due to a large bounty on my head. Died in the shootout. Woke up in Jail with no cash! Booo!

That happened me too. I'm not sure if it's a bug. I've died a few times, but when I died while lawmen were on my tail, that's when I woke up broke. Very annoying mind going from 450 dollars to 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Argh, if you're that touchy about hearing things in the game then don't read a thread about the game. Simple. The thread is here to discuss the game.

I would also not consider what I said a spoiler.

'OMG, HE WAS LUKE'S FATHER!!' is a spoiler.

Well in fairness what you said was a spoiler since people playing the game since friday haven't seen that yet. Especially since
    Marston refuses the advances of prostitutes unlike every other rockstar game that they have been in.

The thread about a game isn't just for people that have played the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

Saw this thread earlier and then decided to go and buy the game.

It's fookin' epic :D

Took me a while to get used of the horse riding but sure, its grand now! The game is class though, GTA Old Western style, and the map/land seems huge too.

Quality stuff :D

Same here got it on the spur of the moment in tesco friday night at 9.00pm ,wasn't planning it just seen last 1 on shelf and thought i'll have that:D,anyway only got to play it for an hour so far but it is an epic game cant wait to get a good lash at it,i'll be on tonight from 10 if anyone wants to join up for a game on ps3 (darkmark79)-add me .

Advertisement