Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

where do ya trade in ur donkey for a horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Shzm wrote: »
    Anyone found any treasure yet? I was having a look for some just before but the maps are very vague so it'll take a while I reckon. Also do you need a shovel or anything like that, or is it just a chest that you need to look for?

Found the first one easy enough, having trouble getting the second one though. You dont need a shovel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

anto86 wrote: »
    where do ya trade in ur donkey for a horse

General Store?? I think you can buy deeds to horses there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Awh! :( I was really hoping they'd introduce a shovel at some point. Fancied myself as a bit of a grave robber.

add me need some friends to play with online

maybe get a big boardsie posse goin or something :D

psn: x-IRISH-OUTLAW-x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey anyone with the warhorse code, where and when do you get the horse in the Game.
    jmx009 wrote: »
    U should enter the warhorse code in the DLC section in the main menu. I dont think u can use the warhorse in online though. I am under the impression that its for single player only

As jmx said, input the code into the DLC section of the start-up menu. You need to input the code fully [include the dashes] into the Rockstar Code section. Once it inputs correctly, it should detect the code in the main game, though you may need to restart the game for it to be picked up.

Once in the game, open your Items menu [press Select] and highlight the War Horse deed. Press X to use and then go back to the game. Press Up to whistle and War Horse should trundle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Onto the 4th treasure meself, randomly stumbled upon the 3rd with a "Oh, thats the place I need to go". Pity
    the 4th treasure is in the Mexico area to the south I cant get to yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've got the first 2 treasure maps done. 1st one was easy enough. The 2nd one I couldn't find as it referenced an area I couldn't find on the game map. Looked up the printed map in the box and found the area. Went there and found the treasure handy enough.

The third one is the vaguest one yet as it's just a picture of a building so will need to keep the eyes. Loving the treasure hunting so far though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lads is this game any good online ?

Has it lived up to / exceeded your expectations ?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I have only gotten the map for the first two, and I have a feeling I know where the second one is. I actually think I may have stumbled upon the third treasure chest too by chance. Can't say for sure though until 1. I find another one so I can compare and 2. get the map for it.

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »
    Lads is this game any good online ?

Has it lived up to / exceeded your expectations ?

M

im playin team death match and am finding it the biggest load a bull ever im gettin slaughtered to bits i only got it today so am low ranked so finding it harder as everyone else seems to be higher and has better guns then me :(

im playin team death match and am finding it the biggest load a bull ever im gettin slaughtered to bits i only got it today so am low ranked so finding it harder as everyone else seems to be higher and has better guns then me :(

A suggestion would be to play the single player for a good while, get used to the physics, weapons, different areas of the game etc? Rather than jumping straight into MP and getting your ass handed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

alastair wrote: »
    I had my stallion (from the bonnie task) nicked out in the desert at night. Shot the thief but also managed to kill the horse by accident. Skinned it and then whistled for a ride. Same horse (ie the one lying dead on the ground) appeared as usual. Wasn't going to complain, so rode off. I had the warhorse code prior to using the stallion, so don't know if that might be the cause.
    When you get your horse stolen you don't need to shoot the thief. Just whistle and your horse will rear up an throw off the thief.

Actually this reminds me of one thing that seems like it should have been in the game. I caught a girl who stole my horse and brought her to the nearest jail thinking that was what you did, but you're just meant to either kill them or leave them. I was expecting some sort of bonus. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

humanji wrote: »
    When you get your horse stolen you don't need to shoot the thief. Just whistle and your horse will rear up an throw off the thief.

While it is awesome that you can do this, i prefer the satisfaction of shooting them in the face (or back of the head in this case)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ok really sorry if this has been asked already but what is the story with the codes? Where/how and why do you get them. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This getting a pc release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TheDoc wrote: »
    This getting a pc release?
    2 creators of the game have said there's no plans for a PC version..

28 minutes into this podcast it comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Ok really sorry if this has been asked already but what is the story with the codes? Where/how and why do you get them. Thanks

Codes are promotional "ingame" goodies that u get when u buy (or in somecase preorder) from a particular store or online site.

For instance, if u preorder RDR from HMV, u get a code for a war horse which u can download and use in the game. Similar goodies exist when buying from amazon, gamestop etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

jmx009 wrote: »
    Codes are promotional "ingame" goodies that u get when u buy (or in somecase preorder) from a particular store or online site.

For instance, if u preorder RDR from HMV, u get a code for a war horse which u can download and use in the game. Similar goodies exist when buying from amazon, gamestop etc.

Ok, thanks. So they only came if you pre-ordered game. Wondered why I didn't have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone come across the decoy damsel in distress/stage coach, first time i encountered it i got wasted. The second time the bandits all got finished off first before i killed the decoy :).

• Advertisement

I came across a damsel in distress alright who had a stage coach. 4 lads giving her grief so they all died horribly, but she just legged off. I was tempted to shoot her in the arse but said I'll leave her be. I'm working on being a good boy for a while.

Saw a poor lad getting dragged through a town alright though, tied onto the back of a horse and getting torn along. All this while 3 others guys on horseback were following, shooting at him/in the air. Quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Fizman wrote: »
    Saw a poor lad getting dragged through a town alright though, tied onto the back of a horse and getting torn along. All this while 3 others guys on horseback were following, shooting at him/in the air. Quality!

Yeah, you get a bonus for offing the gang, its part of the outfit unlocks. Killing them in certain towns gets ya 1/6th closer.

Encountered a few faux damsels, usually I dont stop far enough away and the gang is right beside me and a pain to target. Happened upon two lynchings also, wasnt fast enough the first time but shot through the rope the second :D

any one else think this game has been so over rated i think mine will be goin back in the morning,in my opinion there is a lack of multilayer game types,team death match is hopeless,the only thing i can find good is taking hide outs with a posse as there is a lot more action but it becomes very boring and takes you way too long to get from one point to another
    think ill stay away from westerns in the future i think call of jaurez was way better then this. iv been playing online non stop since lunch time up untill now and it wont be goin back on at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Anyone wanna swap a OST code for a War Horse code?:L pm me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

any one else think this game has been so over rated i think mine will be goin back in the morning,in my opinion there is a lack of multilayer game types,team death match is hopeless,the only thing i can find good is taking hide outs with a posse as there is a lot more action but it becomes very boring and takes you way too long to get from one point to another
    think ill stay away from westerns in the future i think call of jaurez was way better then this. iv been playing online non stop since lunch time up untill now and it wont be goin back on at all :(

You realise that rdr is primarily a single player game right ?

Single player is immense, i haven't even had time to try out the multiplayer yet but im certainly not expecting MW2 rated MP....

Magill wrote: »
    You realise that rdr is primarily a single player game right ?

Single player is immense, i haven't even had time to try out the multiplayer yet but im certainly not expecting MW2 rated MP....

i suppose if ya look at it that way might give the single player a go and see how it go's im more a online gamer me self then a single player had a look at few videos on youtube of the single player looks good all tho the online aint got much goin for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fizman wrote: »

I saw that too :D.Man I love this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Love when your just riding along and out of nowhere, you get attacked. Smashing stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Love when your just riding along and out of nowhere, you get attacked. Smashing stuff :D

Not when it's a bear. They're mean basterds :(

Love hunting though...and doing the various challenges. Finding the treasures is a real pain though. My previous map was next to useless and stumbled across the treasure while running away from a pack of wolves. Just two more to go now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not when it's a bear. They're mean basterds :(

Love hunting though...and doing the various challenges. Finding the treasures is a real pain though. My previous map was next to useless and stumbled across the treasure while running away from a pack of wolves. Just two more to go now

Havn't seen any bears yet :eek: Look forward to it though!

Advertisement