Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Just got the Dastardly trophy, best trophy EVER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think bears are in the north east, near Blackwater. Also boars I think, I needs 5 tusks for a Hunter challenge. Not been up those parts yet though.

Also some bizarre but hilarious glitches in RDR :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I think bears are in the north east, near Blackwater. Also boars I think, I needs 5 tusks for a Hunter challenge. Not been up those parts yet though.

Also some bizarre but hilarious glitches in RDR :D

Loving those bugs. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Havn't seen any bears yet :eek: Look forward to it though!
    Gunmonkey wrote: »

Yeah the bears are in the Tall Trees area in New Elisabeth, the last area you get to visit.

Had a brilliant encounter with a bear just a while ago...shot one while I was on a horse, and started trotting away. The bear started following me. So I decided to see how long it would follow me.

If you look at the map, it chased me from the base of Nekoti Rock to the Broken Tree area before I grew tired of it and shot it's face off... Don't think PETA would like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

theShawzer wrote: »
    Does anyone know is this the same as GTA in terms of you probably will finish the game at 60%? Which is when I finished GTA IV I was on like 60%..

Ya I suspect it'll be the same because there's loads of other stuff to do in the game too

Yeah it fills like im hitting it towards the end..When I finish I shall go back and be a badass outlaw...

I was conguering one of the Forts online with some other lad..When we finished he was lieing up against a fence I killed him and laughed like heck... I love just killing people while they dont expect it in online..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Super mega glitch today was doing the old
    storming of fort mercer just when i got to the last part when the feckin cavalry arrived
    game froze.. nearly put my fist through the telly.

It's awesome, love the random journeys and hideouts, not to mention the bandito's!

For anyone who's been south of the border
    when do i get my massive sombrero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Get off the horse and knife fight with the bear...nothing more manly or satisyfing!!! :) Also, check this link out. I've encountered Cougar man myself but would love to find the Donkey lady :D

http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/05/red-dead-redemption-bugs-or-hilarious-genetic-experiments/

meganj wrote: »
    Super mega glitch today was doing the old
    storming of fort mercer just when i got to the last part when the feckin cavalry arrived
    game froze.. nearly put my fist through the telly.

It's awesome, love the random journeys and hideouts, not to mention the bandito's!

For anyone who's been south of the border
    when do i get my massive sombrero?
    No sombrero (although there is a bandito outfit that appears to have one), but you do get a classy poncho for buying the property in Chuparosa. Mexico kicks ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got attacked by a cougar for the first time today, it ran up and mauled my horse but i promptly dispatched it, then straight away another one jumped out of no where to maul me to pieces cus i killed its mate or something, i love this game and the sheer randomness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

VinLieger wrote: »
    Got attacked by a cougar for the first time today, it ran up and mauled my horse but i promptly dispatched it, then straight away another one jumped out of no where to maul me to pieces cus i killed its mate or something, i love this game and the sheer randomness

Something like that happened to me...Killed 2 wolves from a small pack of around 5, get off my horse to go and skin them. Whilst skinning the first one, I start hearing growling/barking and my screen starts going bloody but not from the skinning but from me. When the animation stops I can see another 7/8 wolves attacking me and my horse :eek:

Got out my knife and killed em all :D

And took your advice DarkJager, knifed myself a bear... Felt very manly :) but also sad knowing I just murdered Yogi. His buddies (4 more bears) exacted quick revenge as they beat me and my horse to death :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Alright, its settled, im putting my war horse DLC code on ebay... just look at this price this one went for...crazy stuff :eek: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160437210190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Will the DLC we got in HMV work in the states do you think? Like if an american bought it will it work on their USA account or is it only Europe or UK locked? Also, does the DLC code work for both PS3 and xbox as it doesnt say on the slip I got in HMV which its for, but I did buy the xbox 360 version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Alright, its settled, im putting my war horse DLC code on ebay... just look at this price this one went for...crazy stuff http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Will the DLC we got in HMV work in the states do you think? Like if an american bought it will it work on their USA account or is it only Europe or UK locked? Also, does the DLC code work for both PS3 and xbox as it doesnt say on the slip I got in HMV which its for, but I did buy the xbox 360 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Alright, its settled, im putting my war horse DLC code on ebay... just look at this price this one went for...crazy stuff http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i got the le and the code that came with it has the triangle button symbol on the instructions is that on you code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Alright, its settled, im putting my war horse DLC code on ebay... just look at this price this one went for...crazy stuff :eek: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160437210190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The DLC will most certainly be region locked and console locked. Your War Horse will be 360 only, in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just finished the game, brilliant game and ending is also brilliant... A few let downs but thats always expected in a game such as this...

Hope the rest of you enjoy it as much as I did... I may go back and be an outlaw now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

I was trotting about on multiplayer last nite just me and 1 other guy on whole map(is this normal) and we played a bit of cat and mouse , i got bored getting my head shot off by Sniper rifle so i stole his horse and headed north exploring.
    The scenery was amazing ,the further north i went it got colder and covered in snow. Out of no where a pack of wolves attacked me killing my horse:mad: i could see on d map that the other guy followed me (missed his horse).
    So he started sniping me again ,all i had was a semi-auto pistol so started getting v pissed off .
    I was just about to quit when the other lad got attacked by bears ha ha i thought paybacks a bitch and then i got attacked myself not so funny.
    I quit soon after and went back treasure hunting again on single player (level 4) but this game is so massive it blows me away everytime i play it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How big is the game world compared to say San Andreas? Is it in that ballpark? Does it take ages to go from one end to the other unless you fast travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh god, why isn't there a button to skip the skinning animation!!! Sooooo annoying after you seen it a couple times!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its not as big as San Andreas (thank god), but it takes ages to travel large distances, as your on a horse. So far i've refused to use fast travel, as i prefer having to use regular methods of transport. My personal favourite is riding on top of the train, and shooting stuff as it passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Does anyone know are there any miseable trophies or are they all possible because it's a sandbox game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I've just done the same.

Anybody notice the murder suicide? I think it was somewhere north of Cholla Springs! I was hunting in that area and I saw a man kneeling and crying beside a dead woman, I turned to walk away and he shot himself!

It was a side mission and nobody else was around to shot him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

py2006 wrote: »
    Oh god, why isn't there a button to skip the skinning animation!!! Sooooo annoying after you seen it a couple times!

If you leave your horse right next to the body, it skips the animated scene and gives you the hide+meat straight away.

ongarite wrote: »
    If you leave your horse right next to the body, it skips the animated scene and gives you the hide+meat straight away.

Brilliant, thanks for that! :D

Anybody else think that $2 is a bit pricey for a drink for a 100 years ago?

Agricola wrote: »
    How big is the game world compared to say San Andreas? Is it in that ballpark? Does it take ages to go from one end to the other unless you fast travel?

I would bet that it is as big if not bigger yet you have much more to do in the wilderness in this one (stranger quests, random events etc). There is an achievement for riding from a town in the Mexico area to Blackwater (up the north) before sundown. That ride itself takes about 6-7 hours of in game time on a horse, so that should give you a small idea of the distance from one end to the other.

And you're much better off avoiding the fast travel unless you're in an area infested with cougars or bears. You miss so much cool stuff happening between towns by fast travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

DarkJager wrote: »
    I would bet that it is as big if not bigger yet you have much more to do in the wilderness in this one (stranger quests, random events etc). There is an achievement for riding from a town in the Mexico area to Blackwater (up the north) before sundown. That ride itself takes about 6-7 hours of in game time on a horse, so that should give you a small idea of the distance from one end to the other.

And you're much better off avoiding the fast travel unless you're in an area infested with cougars or bears. You miss so much cool stuff happening between towns by fast travelling.

6-7 hours, holy moley !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

DarkJager wrote: »
    You miss so much cool stuff happening between towns by fast travelling.

Yeah i would agree with that. Also when you guys are travelling between towns do you go at a fast pace on the horse or canter along? I often go fast and end up speeding by stagecoach robberies and the like and by the time i slow the horse and get back the event has ended

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Does anyone know if 'Far Away' by Jose Gonzalez was written for the game or will he be releasing it himself

• Advertisement

Yeah i would agree with that. Also when you guys are travelling between towns do you go at a fast pace on the horse or canter along? I often go fast and end up speeding by stagecoach robberies and the like and by the time i slow the horse and get back the event has ended

Horse Pills ;)

Usually just belt it along if I'm going to one of the towns or passing through cougar/bear areas, but its also nice to take it easy and stroll sometimes.

Plus the campfires you meet in the wildnerness are very handy for getting clues about the treasure locations.

Advertisement