Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I think I'll love it, not having the auto-snapping would be a let down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I have very high hopes for this game.

Fingers crossed they have cracked the gaming version of all those western movies. Its a very under used genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think it will be like GTA i will get it because there is little else out around then, but will get about 29% in and get bored of some stupid mission and it will sit on the shelf next to GTA4 also at 29%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'll wait for reviews and maybe rent it. I have UFC 2010 ordered and thats out the week after so I'll see how this shapes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

accroding to ps magazing it has the best multiplayer lobby in history of gaming , gonna be a huge succes def a must buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That looks frickin sweet. Who wants to be in my posse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I want to order this off of Shopto.net, does anyone know what sort of postal times I can expect?

Liamario wrote: »
    I want to order this off of Shopto.net, does anyone know what sort of postal times I can expect?

It would work out around €9-10 cheaper from the hut tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

looks alri any one played that call of juarez looks bit similar to that and that game stinks didn like it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

thorbarry wrote: »
    Anybody know the cheapest place selling this? Most places online seem around €50

Edit: Actually Sendit seem the cheapest so far, whats their delivery time like?

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/ps3/red-dead-redemption/10078965.html
    Why don't you wait until the end of the year (if you can wait that long) when the used ones come out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

potsy86 wrote: »
    looks alri any one played that call of juarez looks bit similar to that and that game stinks didn like it at all

It really doesnt look anything at all like call of jurez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

whats not the same they both have horse's cow boys and guns wit a western theme looks pretty much the same to me the style of game play in this looks better alright tho

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Definitely looks like a Wild West GTA, which is by no means a bad thing. Although i do think the game will get some heat due to the hunting side of things, namely from PETA and the like. Ill be getting it none the less, nice to see something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Looks very promising, my brother pointed it out to me but I was meh about it first. I changed my mind after I seen some gameplay! Does anyone remember the game called Gun on PS2? It looks very similar and that was cracking as well.

Fizman wrote: »
    It would work out around €9-10 cheaper from the hut tbh.

Thanks, can I expect to get the game in time for release though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How long until rackstar do a GTA zombie game. How class would that be a full living city that gets infected and you have to blast them all & find other survivours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Is a fps shooter, Red Dead Redemption is a third person shooter..

Liamario wrote: »
    Thanks, can I expect to get the game in time for release though?

I couldn't tell you as I haven't pre-ordered from them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

macpac26 wrote: »
    Definitely looks like a Wild West GTA, which is by no means a bad thing. Although i do think the game will get some heat due to the hunting side of things, namely from PETA and the like. Ill be getting it none the less, nice to see something different

Rockstar Games!! Controversy!!! well I never!!

Sure Rockstar games are the Disney of Video Games :P
    How long until rackstar do a GTA zombie game. How class would that be a full living city that gets infected and you have to blast them all & find other survivours.

This is my dream game. I think the next gta game will need a be of spicing up, a change of pace from the previous games. Therefore they should do this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hair Ball

Scráib wrote: »
    I'm been keeping tabs on this, it looks like the time and effort is being put into making a decent game. Here's hoping it turns out pretty good!

Rockstar have a reputation for making decent games as far as I know but I don't think I've ever played GTA (Don't hit me! ;) ), does anyone else think this'll be one of the better games of the year?

I'm really asking because I was really really worked up about borderlands, but I was really let down when it came out. So much so that I got bored and never finished the game. I'm hoping Red Dead won't be a repeat performance. Praying, in fact!

Yes the graphics were not great either

• Advertisement

I only copped on Tuesday that the release date had been set back a month, I was expecting it out in the next two weeks.

I was very miffed for something like 5 whole minutes! :D

It was release in the US in April not Europe my Good Man four minutes would of done

I think it will be like GTA i will get it because there is little else out around then, but will get about 29% in and get bored of some stupid mission and it will sit on the shelf next to GTA4 also at 29%

You must be Mad GTA 4 was animal buddy :eek:

potsy86 wrote: »

Call of Juarez was cool maybe its not the game that smells
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Hair Ball wrote: »
    Yes the graphics were not great either

Ah the graphics were alright I thought, not blow your mind 'ZOMG LOOK!' but a good change.
    I think I'll love it, not having the auto-snapping would be a let down though

There was no auto snapping in Drake's fortune and that was a topper, is it really annoying in GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Ah the graphics were alright I thought, not blow your mind 'ZOMG LOOK!' but a good change.

There was no auto snapping in Drake's fortune and that was a topper, is it really annoying in GTA?

yes but uncharted has a good combat and aiming mechanic. Free aiming in GTA is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

There really shouldnt be any auto lock on the shooting controls in this game. It made GTAIV ridiculously easy to play. Im hoping considering the time period its manual aiming.

The auto snapping was very annoying in GTA 4. Not because it didn't necessarily work, but more because to manually aim was a lot more difficult than it needed to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

macpac26 wrote: »
    There really shouldnt be any auto lock on the shooting controls in this game. It made GTAIV ridiculously easy to play. Im hoping considering the time period its manual aiming.

:D Only read this now on Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/red-dead-redemption-has-difficulty-levels
    Rockstar has revealed that Red Dead Redemption features three difficulty levels.

According to a Q&A on the official site, the decision was made to vary the level of auto-aiming available.

"Casual mode gives you a full auto-aim system (and faster regenerating health)," the site explains. "Normal mode features snap-to-target with precise aiming using the right stick. Expert mode implements free aim with no lock-on at all.

Looks like expert mode is the way to go if you don't want an autolock
    "First time we have done this in an openworld game, so we will be interested to see what people think having played with each option," the site notes.

I remember inFamous had difficulty modes, but it didnt change any controls, just how hard/ easy it was to die. Should be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

That's a great way to allow the user to play the game as they see fit!!

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    yes but uncharted has a good combat and aiming mechanic. Free aiming in GTA is woeful.
    yes it was s**t

Advertisement