Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Have only had chance to play this for a few hours so far due to work, and have started playing wityht eh attention of doing the main missions, but keep getting distracted with the side missions.

Very addictive but I could see it becoming repetitive and boring in a few weeks/months time. I'll worry about that when it happens though, until then don't squat with your spurs on!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Yes! It finally arrived! Plus i got the Golden guns from Amazon! Good times lie ahead, I got past the tutorial bits last night and finally I'm settling into the proper game.

I'm not blown away by the graphics, but they're still pretty damn good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Alright, its settled, im putting my war horse DLC code on ebay... just look at this price this one went for...crazy stuff http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Will the DLC we got in HMV work in the states do you think? Like if an american bought it will it work on their USA account or is it only Europe or UK locked? Also, does the DLC code work for both PS3 and xbox as it doesnt say on the slip I got in HMV which its for, but I did buy the xbox 360 version.

that link is broke how much did it go for any ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

eddhorse wrote: »
    6-7 hours, holy moley !!!!!

that's in game time though. I think it would take about 10 minutes of real time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

py2006 wrote: »
    Anybody else think that $2 is a bit pricey for a drink for a 100 years ago?

and a dollar for a newspaper!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

quarryman wrote: »
    that's in game time though. I think it would take about 10 minutes of real time.

About 20+ mins real time...especially if you have the misfortune of using a crappy horse :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

py2006 wrote: »
    Anybody else think that $2 is a bit pricey for a drink for a 100 years ago?

what are the benefits of having a drink? I had one and nothing happened except I lost 2 dollars.

I read online somewhere that if you have 8 or more drinks that the screen starts to go fuzzy and it's harder to orientate/move your character...also all the hookers in the saloon come onto you thinking you have a lot of cash and asking you to buy them drinks and if you do buy them one then you are offered a chance to sleep with that particular hooker and they show a fair bit of the rumpy-pumpy but then there is a sidemission where her pimp walks in and blackmails you for more money and you can pay it or have it out with him....it's amazing the hidden depths this game has if you do certain things, who'd have thought that buying 8 drinks or more would lead to all that? I just had one and thought to myself, that was a waste of 2 dollars and went off to play poker. It makes me think of all the stuff that we could potentially miss in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I don't think thats right. I had about 5 drinks and he just started stumbling around and then fell flat on his back. That was it, when he stood up i was able to control him fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

EGriff wrote: »
    I don't think thats right. I had about 5 drinks and he just started stumbling around and then fell flat on his back. That was it, when he stood up i was able to control him fine.

what saloon were you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

First there was Donkey Woman!! Now there is Cougar Man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

anto86 wrote: »
    that link is broke how much did it go for any ways
    Just under €60...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

anyone come across the stranger mission of collecting flowers :D
    Dirty old freak with his ded wife in the shack, it was a total WTF moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Argh, sold out today! I have to wait until next Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

donfers wrote: »
    what saloon were you in?

Armadillo I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks for scaring the pants off me there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

DarkJager wrote: »
    I would bet that it is as big if not bigger yet you have much more to do in the wilderness in this one (stranger quests, random events etc). There is an achievement for riding from a town in the Mexico area to Blackwater (up the north) before sundown. That ride itself takes about 6-7 hours of in game time on a horse, so that should give you a small idea of the distance from one end to the other.

And you're much better off avoiding the fast travel unless you're in an area infested with cougars or bears. You miss so much cool stuff happening between towns by fast travelling.

No way is RDR game world bigger than SA, in fact I reckon its the smaller that Vice City map wise but so much more of RDR's world is just jam packed with uberness.

I helped out a sheriff whose convicts had bolted and after my reward he limped off. Unlike most games where the NPC would vanish after leaving the players sight, the sheriff limped his way all the way back to town. I encountered him 5 times as he caught up with me as I stopped to skin deer and pick flowers heading along the route way ahead of him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Venom wrote: »

I helped out a sheriff whose convicts had bolted and after my reward he limped off.

Yeah I came across that event too yesterday. Two convicts were making a run for it. I shot one in the back and decided to take the other one alive as I'd probably get a better reward if at least one was alive. So I took a leg from under him, hogtied him, and brought him back to the sheriff. Sheriff thanks me, then takes a out a pistol and shoots the guy in the head, hogtied on the ground. That was cold. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I did not like that ending at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

How long does it take to complete the game?

Is it rentable?

titan18 wrote: »
    I did not like that ending at all

ok he didn't shoot him in the head then, he gave him a handful of daffodils.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I am so getting this game....Sounds class.

Osu wrote: »
    How long does it take to complete the game?

Is it rentable?

I'd say the main story is about 15 hours long but the rest of the game is just as important as the story.
    ok he didn't shoot him in the head then, he gave him a handful of daffodils.

What?

titan18 wrote: »
    What?

you were talking about the post above yours right? ;)

you were talking about the post above yours right? ;)

LOL, no, I was on about the ending to the main story.I did not like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I'm loving this game. Haven''t really concentrated on the main mission too much yet apart from the Bonnie ones. I just keep heading off and doing other stuff. It really is an immersive world that they've created.

Best moment so far:
    I was just galloping along when I guy called me over from the side of the road. He said he was in a bad way and could I give him a lift to the next town. No worries partner I thought and slowed up beside him. Then just as he got close he threw me off the horse, jumped onto it himself and galloped off. I just barely got up in time to get a shot off and hit him in the back before he got too far away from me. Didn't see it coming at all. I've been very wary of everyone since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If that happens again
    , just whistle for your horse and it'll rear up, throwing the robber off,
    giving you ample time to lasso him, hop on your horse and drag him along behind you...I'm a cruel bastid in the wild west :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Poxy game is sold out everywhere i tried and i can't get it until next week. I envy all of you. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it just me or does the general store in armadillo get robbed about twice a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Guys, can you add spoiler tags to relevant posts? Just to avoid ruining the game for those of us not-yet finished? Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

this game looks interesting but as usual i will wait till i hear the gamer reviews on it before i purchase. but as it's rockstar it should be damn good unless you have to leave your internet connected as you play... that DRM c*ap.

Advertisement