Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Never knew you could do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Never knew you could do this.

Best if muted..!

"Bet y'all didn't even know ya could do dis... dis is bizcuits!

Awwwww shyeeett!
    "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭rizzla

Took me 42 hours to get 100% in game completion. Such a great game, still got stuff to do and haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

"Jump on your horse from the back of a whore house"

HAHA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

zenno wrote: »
    this game looks interesting but as usual i will wait till i hear the gamer reviews on it before i purchase. but as it's rockstar it should be damn good unless you have to leave your internet connected as you play... that DRM c*ap.
    Well it's got an average of 95 on metacritic from the professional reviewers, so if you like westerns and sand-box type games, you can't go wrong with this.

The only thing that really pissed me off (and even though it doesn't spoil anything, I'll spoiler it just in case) was
    when I decided to see if I could try and rob the train. Firstly, it wasn't going that fast, so I had to keep slowing my horse down and secondly, there was nothing to do on the train. When I pulled my gun people just coward away from me. I was hoping for some sort of option to rob them, or even for something of value to be in the luggage compartment. I was tempted to kill everyone to see if I could just loot their bodies, but felt bad about it. :D

And then I decided to see if I could jump from the roof onto my horse ( I hadn't seen the video above). But it wouldnt' let me call my horse, so I just jumped off the train and didn't lose any health. I didn't even roll. It was like hopping off a small, slowly moving pebble. It was a bit of an anti-climax. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

DarkJager wrote: »
    I would bet that it is as big if not bigger yet you have much more to do in the wilderness in this one (stranger quests, random events etc). There is an achievement for riding from a town in the Mexico area to Blackwater (up the north) before sundown. That ride itself takes about 6-7 hours of in game time on a horse, so that should give you a small idea of the distance from one end to the other.

And you're much better off avoiding the fast travel unless you're in an area infested with cougars or bears. You miss so much cool stuff happening between towns by fast travelling.

Yeah, I imagine one of the major draws of this game is just riding around the wilderess, going from town to town. I think the best policy would be to avoid fast travel until such time you've experieced alot of side missions or you're seeing alot of repetition. Only then would it be time to jump from point to point.

basquille wrote: »
    Best if muted..!

"Bet y'all didn't even know ya could do dis... dis is bizcuits!

Awwwww shyeeett!
    "

Haha that's Brad from 4 Player Podcast. They do live streaming of playing games and then upload some of the best bits to youtube. They're actually quite funny :)

Heres another one of their RDR clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

After waiting for it to arrive from Amazon (I had vouchers to use up) I get a call from home to say that something arrived in the post for me :eek:

The mug I am used my parents address for delivery so I'll have to wait until Saturday now to go get it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Man, this game is so awesome.

I have put in about 8-10 hours into the game and its still doesnt cease to surprise me. There are so many random things that keep happening which make me say WOW !!

Yesterday, i saw a group of men (possibly gang members) riding into armallido town. They kept shooting into the sky ( like in the movies). One of them had a women hogtied to his horse. She wasnt dead when i first saw her but she died after a while. Did this happen to anyone else? This wasnt a stranger mission or anything, just a random game event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wish they'd sort the miltiplayer out, can't play it at all for losing conntectio with the other players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jmx009 wrote: »

I have put in about 8-10 hours into the game and its still doesnt cease to surprise me. There are so many random things that keep happening which make me say WOW !!

Yesterday, i saw a group of men (possibly gang members) riding into armallido town. They kept shooting into the sky ( like in the movies). One of them had a women hogtied to his horse. She wasnt dead when i first saw her but she died after a while. Did this happen to anyone else? This wasnt a stranger mission or anything, just a random game event.

not sure about the woman on the back but the riders shooting up the place has happened to me several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wish they'd sort the miltiplayer out, can't play it at all for losing conntectio with the other players.

Play the normal games and not just Free For All...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

jmx009 wrote: »

Ha that hasent happened to me yet, its amazing how much random stuff happens. I was just riding around, it was late and i seen a woman out in the plains, she shouted for help, when i went up to her she pulled me off my horse and tried to rob it. As she is riding off, I aim my rifle and shoot her in the back, nobody steals from me :D

Another time I approached a campsite, a few lads sitting around a fire, i decide to get of my horse to join them, then I see a tied up woman beside a tent and the guys start shooting at me, luckily i'm too quick, i killed them and freed the woman. I'm a hero :p

I think you've been spending too much time in Mexico :P.... does anyone else have problems connecting with friends?, ive experienced the free roam lobby kicks alright
    Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah, I imagine one of the major draws of this game is just riding around the wilderness, going from town to town. I think the best policy would be to avoid fast travel until such time you've experienced a lot of side missions or you're seeing alot of repetition. Only then would it be time to jump from point to point.

I've around 18 hours played and i've just got sick of riding everywhere, if the point i'm going is close i'll ride there but otherwise i'll mark a point a small bit away from my destination, and ride from there. Too much hassle now the map has opened and i've more money then i even need so huntings become a bit pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Went for a walk this morning (really) and saw a couple magpies flying buy and my first thought was...SHOOT!!! :rolleyes:

Think I need to leave the controller down for a bit!!

I was riding about on my horse today when I seen a horse galloping towards with me with a man on its back. He pulls over to the side and hopped off, I was wondering what he was doing so I waited around.... He legs it over to a rock and starts having a whizz :D

Love this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Is anyone else finding the mini-games really addictive? I'm losing a bounty playing poker and winning just a little playing liars dice.

If you are after trophies: careful
    I found an easy way to get the Gunslinger award when playing poker. To achieve it first ensure you have the aim mode set to expert in the options menu. Then change your outfit to elegant suit, which can be purchased in Thieves Landing. The suit allows you to cheat at poker but if you are caught you are immediately challenged to a duel. Use dead eye on the draw to target your opponents head - achieving an easy headshot and yes-sir-ee the silver Gunslinger award is in the saddle bag

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Poker and blackjack are so addictive! I've lost count the amount of times I've won big, then lost it all...then taken my anger out by killing everyone in the place. Possibly hidden anger issues there!

Think I'm about 35% complete.. Only thing I find annoying to far is Bonny's missions. I don't care about your cows woman! And if I hear "Mr Marston" again I'm gonna shoot her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The glitches in this game are hilarious. I flying through Armadillo getting away from bandits. I hit into one of those horses with the racing carriages, the carriage toppled but the horse did not, thefore horse was floating in the air.

However I was strangely allowed to ride in the carriage, the carriage started bouncing, frame rate dropped. A few seconds later, I was shot out of the carriage and into the air. I was in the air for a good 20 seconds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

what are the effects of dying? Do you lose all your cash or some possessions or what?

Has anybody bought a room in the armadillo saloon? Why bother?

I've alos tried to rob the telegraph station a few times but there never seems to be any cash.

One tip I would give is when you are challenged by some guy to pick as many flowers or shoot as many birds as you can for a bet, go ahead and accept the challenge and if you lose just shoot him and loot his body to get your money back, i've done that a few times.

I have the lassoo now but find it hard to use, where should I be aiming for exactly?

I had my original horse killed by a wolf but have the stallion now.....I am quite carefree in this game and shooting a lot of innocents, it just seems easier like shooting the guy to get the house deed.

A couple of times I've heard a girl screaming "Help me" on the side of the road and I've stopped only to be attacked by a posse, it's a ruse so won't be stopping again in a hurry. Sometimes there is all sorts of stuff going on around me, gunshots being fired or people asking for help and I don't know where the shots are coming from or I'm too slow to help. Once a guy came running to me and asked me to help coz his friend was being hanged for doing nothing, I didn't know where to go to help....not sure about all the icons that appear on the map screen still - anybody?

Finally how do I know who to shoot when I do intervene in some side mission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

donfers wrote: »

If you want to save your game in Armadillo you have to rent the room over the saloon. You can't use your campsite to save your game in any settled area.
    I have the lassoo now but find it hard to use, where should I be aiming for exactly?

As long as you have the sight on your target when you throw the lassoo it tends to work. I find thats its a lot more forgiving than aiming a gun anyway.

You have to kind of make a best guess at that I find when you get to the scenario. It makes it more interesting as you don't know what to expect each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0526/1224271139965.html?via=mr

Complaining about Irish stereotyping in Red Dead Redemption.

Who gives a **** to be honest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0526/1224271139965.html?via=mr

Complaining about Irish stereotyping in Red Dead Redemption.

Who gives a **** to be honest?

I love "Irish". He calls people bastards and cúnts. Quality stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

These had me wetting myself laughing http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology/2010/05/25/red-dead-redemption-bug-causes-mutant-donkey-woman-and-flying-deer-graphic-glitch-video-115875-22285286/

It makes me sad they'll iron these out with a patch, I wish I could get the game before they did :D

The 'bird people glitch' on youtube is pretty funny too

what are the effects of dying? Do you lose all your cash or some possessions or what?

Unlike Gta4, when u die, u dont loose anything.

Yes, i bought a room in armadillo, its handy when u want to save when u are in the town. I know u can save in the woods too but i just thought it wood be nice to have a room upstairs when u are pissed drunk
    I've alos tried to rob the telegraph station a few times but there never seems to be any cash.

I have never tried robing the station but since this is the wild west back in ancient times, i wont be surprised if there arent any money in there. I remember someone posting here about robing a bank only to get 41 dollars !!!
    I suppose thats a big amount back then.
    One tip I would give is when you are challenged by some guy to pick as many flowers or shoot as many birds as you can for a bet, go ahead and accept the challenge and if you lose just shoot him and loot his body to get your money back, i've done that a few times.

Thank you for that.

I have casual aim turned on. So all i do is go near the target and press the aim button, when the dot (crosshair) turns red, i press the shoot button. It works
    Sometimes there is all sorts of stuff going on around me, gunshots being fired or people asking for help and I don't know where the shots are coming from or I'm too slow to help. Once a guy came running to me and asked me to help coz his friend was being hanged for doing nothing, I didn't know where to go to help....not sure about all the icons that appear on the map screen still - anybody?

Usually random mission like the " innocent friend being hanged " turn up. If its a mission where u can help, then a blue marker appears on the map. Just follow it and when u reach there do according to the situation ( i mean, help the dude or shoot or give ride etc)

It depends on the type of side mission. In the above mentioned lynching example. Just shoot the guys surrounding the guy about to be hanged. Make sure u shoot the rope first, or else the guy will die and all ur effort will be for nothing . On second thought, u could loot all there bodies even if the guy dies, which isnt that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I was riding about on my horse today when I seen a horse galloping towards with me with a man on its back. He pulls over to the side and hopped off, I was wondering what he was doing so I waited around.... He legs it over to a rock and starts having a whizz :D

Love this game!

I saw a guy about to do it but as I was looting a body of a guy I just killed he got scared and ran away into the plains leaving his horse behind lol.

dcukhunter wrote: »
    I saw a guy about to do it but as I was looting a body of a guy I just killed he got scared and ran away into the plains leaving his horse behind lol.

Lol !! Man, this game is awesome.

What do i do after i tame a wild horse? CAn i trade it in somewhere for cash?
    if so, where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you hitch it to a hitching post in most towns it becomes your mount when you whistle. The wild horses are usually faster and have more stamina.

Saw 2 guys in Thieves landing running to their horses with a hogtied woman on one guys shoulder, gunned them and their friends and cut here free. Have to start trying to rob places soon, is it just point a gun or do you have to loot the storekeeper?

And anyone done the Rockstar SocialClub thingy yet?? Went to the canyon where you kill the cattle rustlers near the start and it said there was a challenge there but only if logged into the SC, or your time is posted to leaderboards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any more hardcore with all the rape, murder, torture and indiscriminate shooting I come across
    a cannibal near hanging rock and the game asks me whether I want to let the cannibal enjoy his meal or kill him.
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I went and spent $750 on a horse in the shop, but I can't find it anywhere? :confused: Anyone know what I can do?

Advertisement