Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Why is there
    really eerie music when in or around Blackwater?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Would there be copies of this left in HMV dya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

py2006 wrote: »
    Why is there
    really eerie music when in or around Blackwater?

It always gives me the feeling I'm about to get pwned by a dam cougar

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Would there be copies of this left in HMV dya think?

There should be. Its been a week since release. There should be copies in stores now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

unrelated... or not? curious as to whether Danzig's upcoming album, or maybe the marketing - is in anyway influenced by the RDR. basically kids see RDR everywhere n might be swayed by this release, which is close enough

danzigdethbig.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Does it mean anything when Marston says stuff like "Ive got a bad feeling about this" and "Something doesnt feel right about here" when you go into certain areas? I expect something to happen but nothing ever does...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ccfcian

DarkJager wrote: »
    When you buy newspapers, look at the column in the bottom right. At the very end of this in each paper is a phrase e.g I wish I worked for Uncle Sam. You go to the cheats, enter these phrases in inverted commas and it will give you the corresponding cheat. You'll also see phrases scribbled on walls in places like mines and gang hideouts. These are the same thing.

Point to note that simply entering the cheat phrase doesn't disable saving or achievements. Its only when you actually turn them on that the save function is disabled. You're warned twice in advance of activating them so they can't be turned on accidentally.

No, you can't drive them but you will be a passenger in one for some missions in Blackwater.

Can they be turned off again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Very disappointed with this online. Played in a competitive game, killed someone straight away and then was booted out :confused:

Then had a go in free roam twice, with one and then two people. In the words of Cartman: ....The f*ck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a game today with a poses i set up to try get everyone the public enemy trophy and get a few of the challenges as well.

Set up base in that fort in Mexico with everyone manning a Gatling gun or canon got up to 6k on my bounty before some f*ck head in a 2 man poses snipes me, followed by every canon in the fort spawn killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got this Game today about 16% clear, when will I get Dead Eye Level 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Got this Game today about 16% clear, when will I get Dead Eye Level 2?

Don't know exactly when but
    its part of a mission when you get to Mexico

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Don't know exactly when but
    its part of a mission when you get to Mexico

that's level 3

My mistake...what was level 2 then?

no clue, all i remember is when you get 3 don't think it takes too long to get 2.

Just to ask has any one got legend on their fame i have a full fame bar but i'm still at gunslinger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Gaunty wrote: »
    Poxy game is sold out everywhere i tried and i can't get it until next week. I envy all of you. :(

Back in in Game, picked it up today... brilliant so far.

I've done pretty much nothing so far but ride around as well!

Jumping from horse to train... epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has anyone else finished? If so I have a question:

SPOILERS BEWARE!! As this is the end of the game:
    At the end when you whip out the pistol to kill the guards with John can you kill all of them and allow John to survive instead of returning as Jack?? I didnt know what was happening so I just killed 2 of them :(

Has anyone else finished? If so I have a question:

SPOILERS BEWARE!! As this is the end of the game:
    At the end when you whip out the pistol to kill the guards with John can you kill all of them and allow John to survive instead of returning as Jack?? I didnt know what was happening so I just killed 2 of them :(

no, can't remember your stuck with a 6 shot gun right and the are way more than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

There's a ton of spoilers in this thread so sorry but I haven't read every post...

at first I was blown away by this game and thought it thoroughly deserved its 9/10 to 10/10 status, but the more I play the game the more dissapointed I'm getting. I'll list the problems I have below;

-first and foremost the amount of bugs and glitches in the game, including game ending glitches. guessing most people have seen the funny glitches on youtube, flying people.. donkey face woman...
    I had one woman while talking to me morph into 2 people with one woman stepping out form others body and walking away, whilst the other woman continued talking to me. was really strange. i can take those glitches, but i've also had, entire cut scenes skipped, textures not appearing after 'skipped to destination' - all i can see is a sand coloured backround for about 30 seconds, moments when the triangle button doesnt work so no choice but to kill oneself, then the worse came last night during a bounty hunter mission.
    i picked the guy up after hogtying him, yet when walked to my horse the option to put him on the back wouldnt appear. so i'm trying to fight off the
    extra goons who keep coming with him on my back whilst wondering what to do, when next thing the frame rate slows down to a halt and then the ps3 sounded like it was about to die and turned off automatically. on top of that i hadnt saved for about an hour. first time anything like that has happened with my ps3.

-the music. its can be excellent at times, but for the most part its pretty dull. wish there was more violin or banjo music! the music in black water is sooo morose i want to get out of there as quick as i can. sounds a bit pathetic but just thought the atmosphere could have been made way better with better choices of music. something a bit more epic to go with scale of the game for a start.

-difficulty level. the game is just so easy. i think the only time i've naturally died in the game is when i went for a swim in the lake. i love doing the bullet time thing, but having that and the cover system at the same time makes it so easy.

-the story. its a bit crap to be honest with a distinct lack of funny characters - especially in mexico.

-the missions. like i said none of the missions are difficult. i do think there isnt enough variation in the missions, but at the same time i'm struggling to think how they could have varied them more. gameplay wise the game is sort of limited. but the ? mark missions are sort of taking the biscuit a bit. all you do is talk to people, run back and forth a bit and talk to someone else. think they could have at least given you a description of what the person you need to talk to looks like or sounds like or something and left it to you to find them. i just kept thinking what is the point of this when a ? mark shows up on your map and you leg it there in about 30 seconds and listen to another 'quirky/disturbing' boring story.

-the mini-games. lets face it they're boring, slow, and theres nothing good to buy with your money anyway once you work some up. I hate it when you press skip to your turn and the screen goes blank for like 4 or 5 seconds then comes to your turn. is there even a point in not waiting when it takes so long anyway?! want it nice and fast so I can just keep mashing x till its my go every second. think if it was faster i might have got more into the games, especially when i think poker is done really well in it too. i also like the horseshoe game, but again its too slow. then you have the nightwatch missions where you follow a dog around for 2 minutes and then kill a guy in less than 2 seconds. riviting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Funny how there is no mention of a bigfoot by the usual crowd!! San Andreas anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am selling my War Horse DLC on Ebay.. am I right in saying it'll work for PS3 and 360 worldwide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

As a fella who generally doesn't give much time to the mini game, I must admit I am really enjoying RDR's mini games, especially the poker and blackjack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

V9 wrote: »
    As a fella who generally doesn't give much time to the mini game, I must admit I am really enjoying RDR's mini games, especially the poker and blackjack :)

Haven't got on to the multiplayer yet. Does anyone know if you can play poker in multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

basquille wrote: »
    Am selling my War Horse DLC on Ebay.. am I right in saying it'll work for PS3 and 360 worldwide?

I think so. I just had a look on ebay they are going for between 15-30 euro :eek:

I girl behind the counter in HMV gave me the slip for free when i was buying the game never even thought of ebay i just stuck it inside the box for who ever was going to pick it up once i traded it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

basquille wrote: »

Not sure about that. On PS3 DLC is region locked. For instance any time I've bought Rock Band Songs of LittleBigPlanet DLC I've had to buy it from the US Store.

I remember not being able to download a Beta on my EU account before too but being able to on my US account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

After you finish the game are you free to roam the map?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

V9 wrote: »

Yeah the pokers cool, although I am fricking awful at horseshoes. That must be one of the hardest mini-games I've played, up there with Yakuza 3 darts!

Still only in the first third of the map, trying to knuckle down on missions now to unlock the rest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Not sure about that. On PS3 DLC is region locked. For instance any time I've bought Rock Band Songs of LittleBigPlanet DLC I've had to buy it from the US Store.

I remember not being able to download a Beta on my EU account before too but being able to on my US account.
    Uh-oh..!

:eek:

EDIT: This seller here quotes:
    THE WARHORSE SUPER RARE & EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOAD / UNLOCK CODE ! COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH PS3 AND Xbox360 THIS IS THE CODE THAT CAME WITH BESTBUY PRE-ORDERS COMPATIBLE WORLDWIDE ON ALL XBOX360 AND PS3s.

** Terms & Conditions / F. A. Q. ** Yes, this is the code that that came on the BestBuy card for PreOrders. ** Yes, the code will work on either PS3 or XBOX360 versions. The code is not region specific, it will work on ALL Xbox360 and PS3 consoles worldwide. The code will work on NTSC and Pal, North American and European consoles alike. **

Can anyone who sold theirs confirm this?
    I think so. I just had a look on ebay they are going for between 15-30 euro :eek:

I girl behind the counter in HMV gave me the slip for free when i was buying the game never even thought of ebay i just stuck it inside the box for who ever was going to pick it up once i traded it in.
    I'd recommend throwing it up there.. I put mine up yesterday morning on the US Ebay with no reserve, a start price of $5 with a 3 day auction.

I'm on $8.00 with 5 bids.. like usual with eBay, I expect it to shoot up a fair bit more in the closing hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

aaronh007 wrote: »
    My mistake...what was level 2 then?

Think I'm on level 2 now. When you turn Red Eye on you don't get to choose where the X's go?

It's when
    you do the mission with the guy who sells 'medicine'. Can't remember his name, you save him from a gang at the start of the game.

• Advertisement

Yup. You get all to keep all the gear you had when you finished.
    KetzerF wrote: »
    Think I'm on level 2 now. When you turn Red Eye on you don't get to choose where the X's go?

It's when
    you do the mission with the guy who sells 'medicine'. Can't remember his name, you save him from a gang at the start of the game.

Cheers for that. Got so immersed in it, I've forgotten most things :o

Advertisement