Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Any reason why this game has sold out in dublin? dunno about the rest of the country,

Is it that good or hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

KetzerF wrote: »
    Think I'm on level 2 now. When you turn Red Eye on you don't get to choose where the X's go?

It's when
    you do the mission with the guy who sells 'medicine'. Can't remember his name, you save him from a gang at the start of the game.

Charles W Dickens, a mission where you have to try and
    prove that his tonic really does give you "superpowers"
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

allanb49 wrote: »
    Any reason why this game has sold out in dublin? dunno about the rest of the country,

Is it that good or hype?

No hype, sure most people didn't even know a thing about it until a week before the relase date. And yes, its very very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 watchall

PLEASE HELP....Anyone have trouble getting other players in Red Dead R.
    I can't seem to get over 3 players in any area of the game. I used to have the same trouble with GTA4 & Midnight Club LA.

Now it's not my internet as i have Call Of Duty & Battlefield BC2 and other Multiplayer games and i get the full players.

Just seems to be rockstar games.

Is there some setting in the Eircom Netopia Router that may help this?

ANY help would be great thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 watchall

PLEASE HELP....Anyone have trouble getting other players in Red Dead R.
    I can't seem to get over 3 players in any area of the game. I used to have the same trouble with GTA4 & Midnight Club LA.

Now it's not my internet as i have Call Of Duty & Battlefield BC2 and other Multiplayer games and i get the full players.

Just seems to be rockstar games.

Is there some setting in the Eircom Netopia Router that may help this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

basquille wrote: »

I'd recommend throwing it up there.. I put mine up yesterday morning on the US Ebay with no reserve, a start price of $5 with a 3 day auction.

I'm on $8.00 with 5 bids.. like usual with eBay, I expect it to shoot up a fair bit more in the closing hour.

Think i will, i have a ebay shop linked to my website with a gaming section so i could stick it in there just incase the DLC isnt region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

hey guys, need people to form a posse and play some multiplayer sometime.

PSN: ricosruffneck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I nearly PMSL earlier. I was up in the canyon doing a mission and we were nearing a bridge, we had left the horses at the entrance and we were pretty far into the canyon when all of a sudden my horse fell off a cliff from above, hit me and made me fall about 100ft into the canyon.

If only I was recording it. What a moment.

Awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

DarkJager wrote: »
    No hype, sure most people didn't even know a thing about it until a week before the relase date. And yes, its very very very good.

This game is pure class its the little things that bring a smile to your face like trotting along on your horse looking to mind your own business when you get killed out of the blue by a bear or cougar (scares the sh1t out of me ) .
    JUst on multiplayer and got destroyed by a gang of cougars ,they just kept coming for me:D:D:D:DEPIC GAME A+++++

I am liking the game it looks much better with the open spaces. I still cant get to grips with holding X and looking around with the right stick to aim. Plus no matter how many gang bangers, dodgy italian or russian characters i play no one is cooler than cowboys !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

If there's one thing the online mode needs, it's a server browser. I'm sick of being assigned to servers with just one guy dicking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I still cant get to grips with holding X and looking around with the right stick to aim.

Try turning on the target mode to casual. If tats too easy, set it to the middle mode ( cant remember the name). That way, u dont have to manually aim when riding a horse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your lucky you can get 3,I can't even get one.

This game has brought out the worse in me i think.

Got a random mission where a bandit ran off with a guys horse so i went off with lasso in tow; caught up with the guy and lasso'd him off the horse, hogtied him and brought him back on the stolen horse.

Lifted him up off the horse's back and then the owner was like 'jeez thanks mister' and he started kicking the tied up bandit on the ground.

i thought **** this, its my justice or no justice. so i proceeded to shoot the bandit in the head. The horse owner loved this.... so then the moneyshot.

Shot his horse in the head....then skinned it in front of him.

This freaked the guy out and he started running.

Let him get a couple of meters away until he stopped running, then shot him in the head with a big rifle.

But great game, need some heads for multiplayer some night,

add me.

Psn: Ricosruffneck

Hope they bring out DLC where you can skin bandits and/or NPC's.

HoHoHo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Is it that good or hype?
    Sold out in Galway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Hogtied a guy. Brought him out to the river thing and drowned him. Drowned my horse too................ Everyone does that ya? :D

Fairly disappointed with it really. Find it kind of boring. I'm not much of a gamer. Didnt really like grand theft auto but thought this would be different.
    Gonna be sticking with my EA sports games I suppose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is it that good or hype?

Its that good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i just completed it :D brilliant game loved the ending (the real ending)
    wasnt expecting it really was like ohhh **** thats awesome. wont spoil it for anyone.

Now ive that pesky gang outfit to get but i suck at five finger fillet :( nearly 100% finished never done that in a game before either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi guy's i was playing last and came across Thiefs Alley I think it was called. Everytime i step foot into the settlement i keep getting shot at for no reason, I'm thinking it's because my honour level is too high as I've been a bit of a goody two shoes, any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi guy's i was playing last and came across Thiefs Alley I think it was called. Everytime i step foot into the settlement i keep getting shot at for no reason, I'm thinking it's because my honour level is too high as I've been a bit of a goody two shoes, any thoughts?

Buy a bandana and make sure you wear it in these areas or if you have the outfits for these gangs equip them.

basquille wrote: »
    Am selling my War Horse DLC on Ebay.. am I right in saying it'll work for PS3 and 360 worldwide?

Cheers for the tip off i sold mine last night for 20 euro on ebay ! took about an hour to sell, ive seen others selling for over 30euro but i thought thats a bit much in fairness, and to think i was going to give it away.

Bit weird since the limited edition was only a tenner more and it included this code plus a CD etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the tip off i sold mine last night for 20 euro on ebay ! took about an hour to sell, ive seen others selling for over 30euro but i thought thats a bit much in fairness, and to think i was going to give it away.
    No worries.. I didn't opt for a Buy It Now option.

Mine has 22 hours left and is currently at $15.50 with 7 bits. I'll be happy with $20 - I'd have recouped a third of the game cost at that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

ongarite wrote: »
    Buy a bandana and make sure you wear it in these areas or if you have the outfits for these gangs equip them.

I get a bandana freakin sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Lots of wolves and cougars to be skinned at the
    ranch you get after meeting up with the wife and kid. To the north-east of the house but still within your fencing.
    . They seem to respawn a good bit if you move around that area. I managed to get 40in the space of a few mins. 40 x $18 ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

the weapon selection is infuriating. i had the lasso equipped while on a horse, someone started shooting at my and by the time i'd selected my rifle i was dead. this has happened quite a bit. really annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Roar wrote: »
    the weapon selection is infuriating. i had the lasso equipped while on a horse, someone started shooting at my and by the time i'd selected my rifle i was dead. this has happened quite a bit. really annoying

+1!!!!

There really should be a seperate button for the lasso. This game is absolutely brilliant but Dead Eye 2 is one of the worst ideas in the game. The amount of times I've shot some innocent or my own horse in the middle of the desert is infuriating. Can't wait to get dead eye 3, heard you can choose your own shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The objective multi-player makes no sense, why the hell can I see the opposing team on my mini-map? How did they think that was a good idea - cue lots of edging around corners when both me and opposing player know each other is there, totally retarded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

sheehy83 wrote: »
    +1!!!!

There really should be a seperate button for the lasso. This game is absolutely brilliant but Dead Eye 2 is one of the worst ideas in the game. The amount of times I've shot some innocent or my own horse in the middle of the desert is infuriating. Can't wait to get dead eye 3, heard you can choose your own shots.

You can indeed. With the Evans Repeater you can choose 22 shots, if your fast enough with the dead eye that is. Took down a whole herd of buffalo doing that

Unfortunately a cougar got the better of me when I was in the middle of skinning them and died :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    The objective multi-player makes no sense, why the hell can I see the opposing team on my mini-map? How did they think that was a good idea - cue lots of edging around corners when both me and opposing player know each other is there, totally retarded...

Dunno if its only certain game modes but you become invisible on radar if you dont shoot for a few seconds. Not played much of the online and what I did was quite unbalanced (had one round with the Springfield Rifle, was just hold L2, press R2 to win)

Advertisement