Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dunno if its only certain game modes but you become invisible on radar if you dont shoot for a few seconds. Not played much of the online and what I did was quite unbalanced (had one round with the Springfield Rifle, was just hold L2, press R2 to win)

you need to crouch as well as not shoot don't press any buttons when your repawning as that will make you show up also press down on directional buttons to have the map zoom out, i won a lot when player don't know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Trying to hunt with two of my mates on free roam, some muppet keeps killing us though, we can't even kick him :(, His guns are way too strong.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Trying to hunt with two of my mates on free roam, some muppet keeps killing us though, we can't even kick him :(, His guns are way too strong.

that's only free roam the competitive games everyone is the same. i did the same thing yesterday to 3 germans kept sniping them and kept killing them when they got near with the high powered pistol, they shot me first so i killed them for the next 30 minutes you don't get much xp as other things you can do.

you can have a private game in free roam so only those you invite can join. only one trophy must be gotten in a public free roam game, levels and challenges can be done in a private game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I think this has been asked already, but i can't find it. i've just bought the $750 horse from the general store. where do i find this horse and how do i distinguish it from other horses.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I think this has been asked already, but i can't find it. i've just bought the $750 horse from the general store. where do i find this horse and how do i distinguish it from other horses.

press select and use the deed that you bought you can't have a horse when you do this so shoot the one you have and lose some honour or hitch and then use the deed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I feel let down by the end of the game and MP is just repetative. This game is not as good as I first thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tuffbum

ya i totally agree its a great game

only problem i have with it is the narky gameeplay in and around cliffs
    also when you get a chase and your about to out run the marshalls you turn around to kill them only to see 4 of them spawn right on front of you in the same place, this looks very poor, also when you capture a horse thief and tie him up and then release him you cant lasso him from a horse a second time(i was gona use a live victim as wolf bate after bringing him south armadillo) and i hate calling a horse that then runs 20 metres on front of you, also its a bit too easy, like gta, i would prefer more free aiming as deadeye takes out the chalenge of defeating a town of bad guys. too easy!

al in all i give this game 10/10 on looks and 6/10 on gameplay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoop.. sold my War Horse DLC for $23.50 (or €20). Mad that I could re-coup half the cost of the game with that code.

Seller was in the US and it worked fine for him, so guessed it not region-locked.

basquille wrote: »
    Whoop.. sold my War Horse DLC for $23.50 (or ?20). Mad that I could re-coup half the cost of the game with that code.

Seller was in the US and it worked fine for him, so guessed it not region-locked.

Oh such regret, why did I have to use the code when I don't even use the stupid horse, curses, alas I'll think next before I make such a rookie mistake. You win this round Carelessness, my old nemisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,863 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I used the code, it said I obtained the war horse. where do i get him from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads is ya want to rank up really fast do the gang hideout at Solomons Folley, went from level 10 to 23 in like an hour getting nearly 2000 xp every 2 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I used the code, it said I obtained the war horse. where do i get him from?

press select and pick it from the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Sorry if it's been answered...
    I'm in Waterford, any good deals on rdr in smyths/gamestop/etc?
    Like a 2for1 or such, thanks! Can't wait to get it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

allanb49 wrote: »
    Any reason why this game has sold out in dublin? dunno about the rest of the country,

Is it that good or hype?

The only thing for me that ever came close to nailing an atmosphere in in a game was Fallout 3 , this is no fallout 3 as a game, but the atmosphere of the setting is 100% and if GTA4 had been this mature it might have been all the better for it.

Did anyone check the the movie house ? :D

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads is ya want to rank up really fast do the gang hideout at Solomons Folley, went from level 10 to 23 in like an hour getting nearly 2000 xp every 2 mins.

that method got me to 40 but the amount of xp you need now makes it mind numbing before it was only a few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tuffbum wrote: »
    ya i totally agree its a great game

only problem i have with it is the narky gameeplay in and around cliffs
    also when you get a chase and your about to out run the marshalls you turn around to kill them only to see 4 of them spawn right on front of you in the same place, this looks very poor, also when you capture a horse thief and tie him up and then release him you cant lasso him from a horse a second time(i was gona use a live victim as wolf bate after bringing him south armadillo) and i hate calling a horse that then runs 20 metres on front of you, also its a bit too easy, like gta, i would prefer more free aiming as deadeye takes out the chalenge of defeating a town of bad guys. too easy!

al in all i give this game 10/10 on looks and 6/10 on gameplay

The head shot trick from GTA is there for abuse in multiplayer too just like GTA :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Floogy Floogerson

Ita a mixture of Grand theft auto and fallout 3...but set in the wild west...its a brilliant game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So much if this game is completely and utterly boring. I wish they just left in the good bits and made it maybe 10 hours long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Grayditch wrote: »
    So much if this game is completely and utterly boring. I wish they just left in the good bits and made it maybe 10 hours long.
    If you want, you can do only the 'good' bits. Just run from event to event, you don't even have to run. Set up camp and travel is faster.

But this is not an adventure game, it's not a linear story like uncharted. If you run from cutscene to cutscene, you're missing the point of the game.

You can't compare the game to all the other adventure games, so maybe you just don't like the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

calex71 wrote: »
    The head shot trick from GTA is there for abuse in multiplayer too just like GTA :mad:

Thats only in auto aim games and free roam, try out the expert mode ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been answered...
    I'm in Waterford, any good deals on rdr in smyths/gamestop/etc?
    Like a 2for1 or such, thanks! Can't wait to get it. :p

I picked it up in Argos for €43 ion Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Thanks mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Grayditch wrote: »

Have to say im in agreement here, im about 12 hours in and becoming more frustrated with the game as i go along. Ive only enjoyed a handful of missions so far. Im hoping the rest of the game picks up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Haven't played this in a few days now, losing its appeal to me also.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Went to get this today but it was sold out in every shop i went to:(. I hadnt realized how popular it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It is strange that someone would buy an open world sand box game and complain that its not 12 hours long !!

Most people complain that games are only 10 -12 hours long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I'm loving this exploration on this game, I'm finding it an unusually relaxing experience. Just riding along looking at all the beautiful vistas and stuff, reminds me a little bit of why I like Shadow of the Colossus so much. I guess I can understand why someone might not like this game if they're a bit of an ADD gamer, but I welcome the (at times) slow pace. Seems fitting for a Western.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Even the long boring drives to other locations are not so bad as in GTA mainly because you dont have tight corners and cars to drive around.

Even the long boring drives to other locations are not so bad as in GTA mainly because you dont have tight corners and cars to drive around.

But in GTA you have radio to listen to which makes the journeys less tedious, something a horse doesn't have also with a car you don't have to worry about stamina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

TheTosh wrote: »
    But in GTA you have radio to listen to which makes the journeys less tedious, something a horse doesn't have also with a car you don't have to worry about stamina

If you press the ps button on the remote you can select your own music to play. I especially like listening to ennio morricone when I play

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0-wbXC3pQ

Advertisement