Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilsonudevil

Where's the cheapest place in Dublin/online to get this then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

thorbarry wrote: »
    If you press the ps button on the remote you can select your own music to play. I especially like listening to ennio morricone when I play

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0-wbXC3pQ

I did not know this, sweet !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,321 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I pre-ordered at xtra-vision for €54.99 but I didn't get a war horse code :mad:.
    I just found out about these codes now, might be worth a trip down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered at xtra-vision for €54.99 but I didn't get a war horse code :mad:.
    I just found out about these codes now, might be worth a trip down?

I think it was just a HMV promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If you want, you can do only the 'good' bits. Just run from event to event, you don't even have to run. Set up camp and travel is faster.

But this is not an adventure game, it's not a linear story like uncharted. If you run from cutscene to cutscene, you're missing the point of the game.

You can't compare the game to all the other adventure games, so maybe you just don't like the genre.

I presumed he meant some of the terrible story missions that plague games like this.Go to here, kill someone or retrieve something, and go back, or the terrible racing missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone gotten sharpshooter 10 on the single player yet, going nuts trying to get this. it keeps reloading itself may try only having 1 clip see if that works.

titan18 wrote: »
    I presumed he meant some of the terrible story missions that plague games like this.Go to here, kill someone or retrieve something, and go back, or the terrible racing missions.

wild guess but your not at the end yet are you, prepare for boredom. the last 5 or more missions are to set the scene for the end it's a pain in the ass, a cut scene could have don this, also who the hell is uncle and was he ever mentioned before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just finished up the game story along with the proper ending and thought it was excellent.
    I liked how they setup the traning Jack to be a man thing with John before the army came and killed him.
    The real ending of getting revenge setups a nice sequel too.

Thoughts on "I Know You": is the guy in the suit your conscience or God

ongarite wrote: »
    Just finished up the game story along with the proper ending and thought it was excellent.
    I liked how they setup the traning Jack to be a man thing with John before the army came and killed him.
    The real ending of getting revenge setups a nice sequel too.

Thoughts on "I Know You": is the guy in the suit your conscience or God
    Don't think he's god too much of an ass, god would have probably try to get you to do the right thing on his mission when your given the choice maybe the devil or grim reaper/angle of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Does anyone know if the new co-op stuff going to be free and are they new missions or old ones just co-op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If you want, you can do only the 'good' bits. Just run from event to event, you don't even have to run. Set up camp and travel is faster.

But this is not an adventure game, it's not a linear story like uncharted. If you run from cutscene to cutscene, you're missing the point of the game.

You can't compare the game to all the other adventure games, so maybe you just don't like the genre.

Or maybe I don't like doing the same mission over and over again. Or the awful story line, which gave me an ending which makes no sense afterwards. I found more mission variation in GTA IV believe it or not. The mini games in this are, for the most part instantly forgettable and not very profitable for continued enjoyment. I began skipping the cut scenes altogether towards the end. They all started and ended the same and were badly written.

Marston walks in on a situation where someone is upset about something. Said person begins talking.. (cant comment on the next part because brain shuts off)... cut scene ends.. Text tells me to get on horse.... text tells me to follow person... text tells me to kill. Text tells me to go somewhere else and kill bandits in fours, along the way. This happens far too often between the good missions.

The only really great things about this game are the environmental design, stunning atmosphere and solid gunplay. There's a lot to work with here, but the it's not present right now. If games like Mass Effect 2 can clock in at the same amount of hours and hold my attention solidly, even throughout the loyalty missions, side quests etc., there's no reason this can't. It's nothing to do with what type of game it is or what kind of genres I like, the writing is bad and the missions are mostly dull.

If you don't become very, very bored during the story missions in this game, well then I really am jealous of a brain that needs less stimulation as my fussy one.

Varik wrote: »
    wild guess but your not at the end yet are you, prepare for boredom. the last 5 or more missions are to set the scene for the end it's a pain in the ass, a cut scene could have don this, also who the hell is uncle and was he ever mentioned before.
    The last 5-8 or so missions are identical to the first 5-8 or so
    . I don't know if anyone considers that a spoiler, I would consider it a word of warning not to get your hopes up about the game keeping any sort of pace to the story.

GAME WAS RUSHED.

I hope they release some DLC with great stories and varied missions. Everything is in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

theShawzer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new co-op stuff going to be free and are they new missions or old ones just co-op?
    Co-op will be free for a change :) not sure about missions etc. Just finished the story tonight, thought the ending was great

There are supposed to be 6 new missions for Co-Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Grayditch wrote: »
    The last 5-8 or so missions are identical to the first 5-8 or so
    . I don't know if anyone considers that a spoiler, I would consider it a word of warning not to get your hopes up about the game keeping any sort of pace to the story.

GAME WAS RUSHED.

I hope they release some DLC with great stories and varied missions. Everything is in place.

For me the game was good until you leave mexico, from there it felt rushed but I agree with you about the lack of pace. People say the hunting is great, maybe at first but there is only so many times you can kill a wolf or something before it gets repetitive

There are six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

Walton’s Gold
    Walton’s Gang has taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can. Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

The River
    Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapon caches. Watch out for enemy rafts equipped with Gatling Guns.

Ammunition
    The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, using Gatling Gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Trophies/Achievements
    Well Done - Complete a Co-Op mission
    Have posse, will travel - Complete all Co-Op missions
    2 guys, 1 Coop - Complete a Co-Op mission with just 2 people
    Stake a claim - Gold medal any Co-Op mission
    Struck gold - Gold medal all Co-Op missions
    Friends indeed - Complete a Co-Op mission without anyone dying
    You rule! - Complete all Advanced Co-Op missions
    The mother lode - Gold medal all Advanced Co-Op missions
    Dodge this - Achieve a kill chain of 10 or more in any Advanced Co-Op mission
    Bulletproof - Complete a Co-Op mission with out dying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I've played over 15 hours of the SP, and apparently only 27% completion. Lol. Lot of travelling, hunting and side/stranger missions in their mind. Spent about 45 mins on Liars Dice last night alone. Addictive bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

also who the hell is uncle and was he ever mentioned before.

While I'm still in and around Armadillo. I'll be honest I love the game! Granted there's repetition, but that's the way with all sandbox open world games.

Anyway you asked about Uncle: In one of those bits where Marston is on the horse galloping beside Bonnie he mentions his Uncle looking after things for him. He describes him as being 'work shy'. So he does get a mention pretty early on in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I have a serious gambling problem in the game !!!!

All i did for the past 16 hours of gameplay is skin animals, sell their skin for cash and then use the cash to gamble !!!! I've got to start playing more story missions !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

For some reason i can't set up camp, it tells me i don't have time, i cant play any of the mini games and there are no letters on my map to start another mission. Also there are no herbs coming up on the map either. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the middle of another mission. Any Ideas?

Scratch that figured it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Anybody know anywhere where this is in stock in Cork at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I heard that smyths on the kinsale road have some. Not sure if they still do tho

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

theShawzer wrote: »
    I heard that smyths on the kinsale road have some. Not sure if they still do tho

tried it earlier no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Are the new Co-Op mission out yet? I was just playing a guy from the Usa and he had them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

After you finish the game are you free to roam the map?

I just finished it, 34 of the finest hours ever spent on a game and yes you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Awh, I hated that ending :(

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Are the new Co-Op mission out yet? I was just playing a guy from the Usa and he had them :confused:

you could see them on compare trophies or some other way as that been like that for a few days, was comparing mine awhile ago a my completion dropped by 10%.

Does anyone want to try getting the mown them down trophies need at least 2 people to man the right connons cannons and Gatling guns to keep enemy from getting close.

What problems have people been having with this game all the people disappear today on me when i got a bounty, the towns were empty and oddly i hadn't done anything to get a bounty. the table and chairs go when playing a mini game and the character models loose all detail, had a don't how to explain it but all graphic below my knees (the world as well) went and was replaced by lot of brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

you could see them on compare trophies or some other way as that been like that for a few days, was comparing mine awhile ago a my completion dropped by 10%.

Does anyone want to try getting the mown them down trophies need at least 2 people to man the right connons cannons and Gatling guns to keep enemy from getting close.

What problems have people been having with this game all the people disappear today on me when i got a bounty, the towns were empty and oddly i hadn't done anything to get a bounty. the table and chairs go when playing a mini game and the character models loose all detail, had a don't how to explain it but all graphic below my knees (the world as well) went and was replaced by lot of brown.

Count me in add me or if I have too many friends msg me to delete someone.. PSN: cartman91

Be on later today and tomorrow as I am ogg work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Had the brown world glitch, cleared up a few secs later.

Had one npc in a cutscene disappear, but not the dynamite he was holding so it was a ghost stick of tnt.

For all the good fun in the game it is as broken as any other (and I have played some SERIOUSLY broken games). And not just cosmetic, have had cutscenes fail to play or characters not start the next part, got stuck floating in mid air and couldnt move so had to reload. Wonder if any of the reviewers encountered the miriad of bugs?? Any other game with half these bugs would have been slated back to the stone age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Awh, I hated that ending :(

Are you sure you finished it?
    I took John Marstons death as the end of it as well, but there's one stranger mission in Blackwater called "Remember My Family" which must be completed to get the credits. Johns death isn't the end of it.

Advertisement