Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

DarkJager wrote: »
    Are you sure you finished it?
    I took John Marstons death as the end of it as well, but there's one stranger mission in Blackwater called "Remember My Family" which must be completed to get the credits. Johns death isn't the end of it.

Oh really? I didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Had the brown world glitch, cleared up a few secs later.

Had one npc in a cutscene disappear, but not the dynamite he was holding so it was a ghost stick of tnt.

For all the good fun in the game it is as broken as any other (and I have played some SERIOUSLY broken games). And not just cosmetic, have had cutscenes fail to play or characters not start the next part, got stuck floating in mid air and couldnt move so had to reload. Wonder if any of the reviewers encountered the miriad of bugs?? Any other game with half these bugs would have been slated back to the stone age.

Agreed, there are a lot of bugs in the game but its still a very addictive and attractive game. All the other broken games isnt half as addictive or attractive as this one. Thats what makes RDR great. Plus an occasional glitch here and there isnt a big deal. The game is humoungus with tons of activities !
    I think it deserves some respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Are you sure you finished it?
    I took John Marstons death as the end of it as well, but there's one stranger mission in Blackwater called "Remember My Family" which must be completed to get the credits. Johns death isn't the end of it.

Well, I ain't finished it so :pac:

I've just been treasure hunting since
    Johns death

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

GavinH wrote: »
    tried it earlier no joy.

Game available again in GAME on Patrick St, and Game Stop in Ballincollig, in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Well, I ain't finished it so :pac:

I've just been treasure hunting since
    Johns death
    It's payback time for Edgar Ross ;) Make sure you check out the ending tune over the credits, great song and sums the game up perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's payback time for Edgar Ross ;) Make sure you check out the ending tune over the credits, great song and sums the game up perfectly.

Haha, just said pretty much the same thing in the game soundtrack thread
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Love the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack...in particular the song that plays over the final credits. Within a week of hearing it, it has gone to the top of my most played with 188 plays :o

For those that haven't played and finished it, it sets the mood perfectly.

was gonna put in the track but I'm not sure whether it would be a spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Is it just me or does anyone else go hunting with dynamite:D

TheTosh wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else go hunting with dynamite:D

Sh!t, After about 18 hours of playing this game, i still havent reached the part where u get dynamites !! lol

Do u get dynamites before reaching mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Your not the only one buddie ;). Beat the game and am on 74%. Think i've developed a bit of a gambling problem, must have played poker last night for about 3 hours :eek: then lassoed one of the guys because he was wrecking me head, hogtied him then start throwing fire bottles at him :) it's great been hero honour :) it feels like the lawmen don't even come after me anymore. So what are you guys playing like a hero or villan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The various glitches I am coming across are really turning me off this game.

• Advertisement

I Haven't came across any glitches yet :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Haha, just said pretty much the same thing in the game soundtrack thread

was gonna put in the track but I'm not sure whether it would be a spoiler

Just posted it over in that thread, can't be considered a spoiler there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not a glitch just a funny thing that happened. I was just in a bar walking out a guy was sitting with his feet on the table leaning back in his chair, i hit the wrong button and drew out my gun pointed at him he got such a shock he fell off the chair backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

I see Kevin Butler put his foot in it :) it must not be selling well on PS3

http://kotaku.com/5553734/kevin-butler-vp-of-endangering-agents-ps3-exclusivity

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

really want to play this, looks amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lassoed a bounty and hog tied him then he just got up and a few buffalo rife shot to the chest would not kill him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I Haven't came across any glitches yet :confused:.

I have had to restart at the last check point for things like not having enough horses for 2 people.

Look it up on the internet, the game is buggy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

i was looking over some of my old posts today and saw one slating sand box games. After spending 5 hours on this last night without touching any of the missions, just wandering, helping strangers, killing animals, i feel incredibally stupid. What a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Get on a train, stand on the roof and just look up in the sky as its moving, hilarious how many animals/rocks etc. are just up there.

Anyone fancy a private free-roam at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

19 hours played and I'm only after hitting Mexico! Jasus! Looks like UFC is gonna have to wait a while.

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    19 hours played and I'm only after hitting Mexico! Jasus! Looks like UFC is gonna have to wait a while.

Same here. I just arrived in Mexico. Does anyone know how many more hours worth of the game is left in the game? (in terms of main storyline ?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

jmx009 wrote: »
    Same here. I just arrived in Mexico. Does anyone know how many more hours worth of the game is left in the game? (in terms of main storyline ?)

At least another 10hrs of pure storyline missions in Mexico & next game area.

ongarite wrote: »
    At least another 10hrs of pure storyline missions in Mexico & next game area.

So thats gonna mean at least another 20 hours then!! Something tells me that 60+ hrs will be necessary for platinum here.

It only took me 13 hours for the 57 story missions.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    It only took me 13 hours for the 57 story missions.

That's the thing. I piss through the story missions when I actually get my brain around turning up to the locations etc......but 80% of my time has been spent on side missions and generally not being very nice to mother natures creations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Fizman wrote: »
    That's the thing. I piss through the story missions when I actually get my brain around turning up to the locations etc......but 80% of my time has been spent on side missions and generally not being very nice to mother natures creations.
    Yeah, it's folks like John Marsten why there are hardly any wolves left in the US.

I'm not shooting wolves in the spring anymore, and only the male. So as to not influence the biodiversity too much.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Have seen some hilarious bugs/gliches on youtube but I have to say that after about 20 hours of playing it, I haven't had any problems or seen anything weird like in those clips.

Anyway, Rockstar have just said that a patch will be coming out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just finished it there. Quality song at the end of it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

only have to get my last trophy now by getting to lvl 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Varik wrote: »
    only have to get my last trophy now by getting to lvl 50.

How long did it take to get all the trophies and how long to level 50? NHow long would you estimate for platinum?

Advertisement