Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Best bit in the game is when you enter Mexico and Jose Gonzalez comes on, totally captured the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

TheTosh wrote: »
    Best bit in the game is when you enter Mexico and Jose Gonzalez comes on, totally captured the moment

Have to admit that was damn good alright. Must get that song downloaded!

I'm being VERY well behaved in this play through (my first) mind. Any time I've been asked if I wanted to hand over money to someone I've gone along with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

Fizman wrote: »
    Right so I'm about 26 hours into the SP and I'm still coming across some nice random moments.

Was trotting through the countryside when I come across this women crying beside a dead body on the ground. As I'm walking over to see what's up, the girl pulls out a pistol and shoots herself in the head!! I was not expecting that!

Also came across 3 uniformed guys holding up a standard looking person at gun point. They had him hand cuffed and facing away from them. They then shoot him in the back of the head, and the shooter walks over and spits on the dead body. Class!

I've also come across two animals for the first time, a Bighorn and a Bobcat.

I was going around Tall Tress looking for an "American Standardbred" horse when I come across 2 guys working with TNT explosives. I stand not too far away to hear what they are saying when all of a sudden one of them says "Time for a cigar" and then a massive explosion as all the TNT goes off and takes me out with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

TheTosh wrote: »

It was great until I paused the game. The song stopped playing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

ongarite wrote: »
    I was going around Tall Tress looking for an "American Standardbred" horse when I come across 2 guys working with TNT explosives. I stand not too far away to hear what they are saying when all of a sudden one of them says "Time for a cigar" and then a massive explosion as all the TNT goes off and takes me out with it too.

AAhh so thats what it was !!!!.

I ran into those guys in mexico. I was surprised when they had TNT's with them so i went closer and observed them thinking that this is some sort of side mission (involving the rebels). So i went around them and thats when i saw a chest lying on the ground. I decided to open (loot) the chest. One of the guys sees this and throws a dynamite at me but it lands near their case of dynamites. I somehow managed to survive the explosion but the 2 guys and my horse didnt make it.

At the time, i thought it was a bit weired. I didnt realize (untill reading your post) that it was supposed to be a funny world event. Now that i know what it is, it makes sense and actually is quite funny !! :)

Thanks for sharing it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just finished the main quest last night.
    :(. Got quite attached to John. Had a feeling there'd be a big tragic ending but at the same time..I wasn't expecting that.

I wish I had of played more of the game with him as his son's voice is a tad whiny.

I absolutely agree with you. Finished it there last week and I must admit
    when he didn't get out of the barn I was crushed, I was practically in tears. Originally I was quite pleased with the fact that he didn't do it, mainly because I was convinced he was going to be ok no matter what happened because he's the star

I do have a question though after the end
    can you still use the son to complete unfinished stranger missions? I imagine it wouldn't make sense as you'd be completing a mission that the son has never experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Have similar feelings about it, I'm enjoying it but I'm not blown away by it. It hasn't captured me like a good game does.

Yeah I'm kinda the same. I feel like I'm having fun despite the game not because of it. There's some really impressive stuff in it. But the story is just 'meh' and feels like a chore to get through at times. I like the world they've created and all but the characters they've decided to populate that world with fall short for me and the gameplay isn't quite there to make it a great game. It's just a really solid, very good game. Don't think it'll be on my top five games of the year by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Finished the game there the other day, best singleplayer experience I've had in a long while. Although I still think they didnt do a great job of introducing Marstons former "brothers" from the gang. In the short film they released there were short clips of them robbing a bank and of Martson shooting someone with a shotgun. I think a few flashbacks like that could have helped a little in understanding where Marston was coming from, instead we have this constant back and forth between Marston and other characters about how he had this troubled past over and over again.

But yeah other than that Rockstar have really stepped up their storytelling, which was a bone of contention for me with GTAIV but improved with the two episodes and Redemption was brilliant and really sucked me in to its world. I want more Red Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

meganj wrote: »
    can you still use the son to complete unfinished stranger missions? I imagine it wouldn't make sense as you'd be completing a mission that the son has never experienced.
    Yeah, you can. It's quite cool, on the ones I've done so far the people say "you look like your father...Marston..right?" or something along those lines..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can use the son to finish all of the stranger missions except for 'I know you'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

DarkJager wrote: »
    Are you sure you finished it?
    I took John Marstons death as the end of it as well, but there's one stranger mission in Blackwater called "Remember My Family" which must be completed to get the credits. Johns death isn't the end of it.

Thanks for the heads up. Must go do that one now, thought I was finished.

Apologies if this has been asked before but
    who in the blue hell is the woman on the cover of the manual? I don't remember any woman who looks like her in the story at all?

Also, I was pretty disappointed with the way Luisa died, just seemed kinda on a whim. It seemed a little odd that Reyes didn't really give two ****s about her. I was a little shocked the way it ended, i presumed when I seen all the guys there, that John would die eye them all in the most epic of finishes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

meganj wrote: »

There is a big spoiler so I wont post the details it in case I ruin it on you , but keep going and take the stranger mission in
    blackwater trainstation can't stress this enough !!!!!!!
    it's only availably after you finish the main story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Yeah, you can. It's quite cool, on the ones I've done so far the people say "you look like your father...Marston..right?" or something along those lines..

Well thats grand then its just one of my strangers
    guy with plane
    won't update!
    calex71 wrote: »
    There is a big spoiler so I wont post the details it in case I ruin it on you , but keep going and take the stranger mission in
    blackwater trainstation can't stress this enough !!!!!!!
    it's only availably after you finish the main story.

Ah yes I finished the game I was just wondering if you could continue on with open stranger missions!

Cheers guys!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just wondering after you commit a crime and get a bounty on your head,do people come after you?

Just wondering after you commit a crime and get a bounty on your head,do people come after you?

Yes, the bigger your bounty the more aggressively the law will come after you.
    At a low bounty, the local sheriffs will be after you; then a bit higher some bounty hunters will be after you too.
    At a bounty of >$1500, the US Marshals or Mexican Army will be after you.

ongarite wrote: »
    At a bounty of >$1500, the US Marshals or Mexican Army will be after you.

Are you in the clear if you stand on the center of the bridge between the two? :D

When you have a bounty and a pardon letter, do places appear on the map where you can hand it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can hand it in at any of the telegraph places in the train stations, same as if you were going to pay off the bounty there. Also, go read a newspaper after you finish the game, some interesting stuff there about characters you will have met.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hey guy's a little treasure hunting help please. I'm only on the second treasure hunt I've found the
    little shack in Rio Del Lobo
    but am fairly lost after that any ideas. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hey guy's a little treasure hunting help please. I'm only on the second treasure hunt I've found the
    little shack in Rio Del Lobo
    but am fairly lost after that any ideas. Cheers.
    There's a path up to a cliff face behind the shack, it's the tall cliff to the right if you're coming to Rio Del Lobo from the Armadillo area - you should find the campsite up there.
    It's a little tricky to get to the actual spot, but that should put you on the right direction ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yeah I'm kinda the same. I feel like I'm having fun despite the game not because of it. There's some really impressive stuff in it. But the story is just 'meh' and feels like a chore to get through at times. I like the world they've created and all but the characters they've decided to populate that world with fall short for me and the gameplay isn't quite there to make it a great game. It's just a really solid, very good game. Don't think it'll be on my top five games of the year by the end of the year.

Yeah. I think it has good DLC potential, if they pull off some good stuff and better missions.like, a LOT better. These were terrible. I'm confused by seemingly unanimous almost-perfect reviews of this game.. everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Finished the game yesterday, i thought it was good with the twist at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Finished the game yesterday, i thought it was good with the twist at the end

Man, I hate when people say "twist at the end". Now I know to expect a twist at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Finished the game last night pretty boring missions towards the end as well. Still I enjoyed it overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

I have a ewgood review of the game at http://goodps3gamesandreviews.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I have a ewgood review of the game at http://goodps3gamesandreviews.blogspot.com/

I haven't played the game yet, but I know enough to know that that is an awful review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hilarious review.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

thanks your so kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Just finished the final mission and...
    When John Marston lines up for the shootout outside the barn is it possible to shoot the marshals who had been fcuking with you the whole time or are they even there?

Has anyone read anything online about it because i cant find anything?

EDIT: Apologies nevermind, that was awesome.

Advertisement