Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Is anybody getting the same problem as me? I seem to get into the multiplayer section fine but I cannot see anybody else in there! Is this a problem with my router or is it a problem with the game itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭thegift06

problem with ur server me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Did you try changing the NAT type in your router to 1.
    This was mentioned in the main RDR thread and it seems to have been an issue with GTA as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Reviewers are full of **** when it comes to Rockstar games. All reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt. GTA IV was claimed to be the best game ever when it was dull and boring ****e. Red Dead Redemption was the same. The story was incredibly boring and annoying at times (especially the whole "I will tell you what you need to know but only if you do something for me first.") and the absolute boredom when going from point A to point B. Travelling with someone who goes at 2mph and having to wait :mad:. I have really only started to enjoy it when roaming around doing my own thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

cdb wrote: »
    Did you try changing the NAT type in your router to 1.
    This was mentioned in the main RDR thread and it seems to have been an issue with GTA as well.

Cheers, will try this at home tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

9_4c1128037b10c.jpg

Kill bear in a knife fight...........................................check
    Disarm a group of men without reloading....................check
    Find a fortune in gold.............................................check
    Flower arranging...................................................check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I only just started playing this yesterday. I think I'd like to play through it as a bad guy. I never seem to manage that though. I wanted to do it in Mass Effect and inFamous but always end up making the 'good' decisions.

Wonder if it will be different this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

I only just started playing this yesterday. I think I'd like to play through it as a bad guy. I never seem to manage that though. I wanted to do it in Mass Effect and inFamous but always end up making the 'good' decisions.

Problem is most of the time you try to play it as a bad guy, you fail the mission because you are suppossed to rescue someone or get that person alive.
    You have little choice but being a good guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Loved the game.
    Bit strange that the game ended with a tutorial though. I thought the whole herding and hunting were already done with!!

The MP doesn't grab me and I've no interest in going and picking flowers for a few hours so it's getting traded while it's worth 40e in GameStop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

How big is it in relation to San Andreas?

• Advertisement

Plug wrote: »
    How big is it in relation to San Andreas?

most sources say twice the size of San Andreas

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Varik wrote: »
    Considering that that's me, i kind of meant anyone else :D. I have been at 45 or 44 for the last week its ended up as just grinding xp on Solomon folly,finishing off trophies for killzone 2 and contemplating the 10 hour of FF13 that have earned me 5% of the trophies instead.

Haha brilliant, thought it might have been someone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

More like half the size of SA. You only have a horse in this game and it still takes less time to cross the whole map than it did in San Andreas. I heard that quote about it being twice the size too but I'd say its way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

and half as fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

NotorietyH wrote: »
    and half as fun :P

Thats giving RDR too much credit

TheTosh wrote: »
    Thats giving RDR too much credit

it does have the best horse mechanics in any mainstream game,but they should go back to making games like they did on the ps2 making serious games ain't gangsta.

I was going to buy this game. Thanks for saving me €60!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Plug wrote: »
    I was going to buy this game. Thanks for saving me ?60!

I'd say its worth about 30 euro, its not a great game but at the same time its not a bad one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yeah it costs you about 45 new as it is at the moment so will prob drop to around 35 in a few months. It's worth playing and is enjoyable enough. it's just not a 10/10 game as a lot of reviews would have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Finding it very boring tbh. Only play if a friend wants to try it out...and they get bored once theyve hogtied somebody and skinned their own horse.

Should prob sell it asap to get decent trade in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So I finished what I thought was the main story line here, but I see it ain't over till the credits roll, so I guess I'm not done yet which is great news :)

It's been a really enjoyable game, very much a return to form for Rockstar as far as I'm concerned as I was bitterly disappointed with GTA IV which simply didn't rate in comparison to Saints Row 2.

I'm trying to get people to play with online to try a bit of Co-Op stuff with the DLC on it's way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Has anyone noticed that if your going for the Master Hunter, the animals you're supposed to kill seem to go into hiding? Took me bloody ages to find those damn rabbits. And where can I find boars?

Use the map on the back of the poster you got with the game, it has all the different animal locations as well as the gang hideouts. It helped me get 100% :D

If anyone here is selling it for cheap give me a pm. Kilkenny area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just got the game... I love it...

My PSN is: korvanica , if anyone wants to add for a posse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So this is a popular thread...

When i go into multiplayer i cannot get into any matches at all, everytime i try free roam i end up on my own in the world...

Did anyone else have this problem and how'd you sort it out?

Im connected with wireless btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

started this last night and wasn't blown away initially for the first coule of hours, absolutley love it now after 4-5 hours, i think the voice acting and soundtrack seperate this game from the gta series and make for a more unique experiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

After finishing the game yesterday, Im really disappointed. The last few missions, i nearly fell asleep.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm not finished the game yet but i have to say it's beginning to go downhill alright. The missions are very repetitive and way too easy. I think thats the big problem. In one mission an army of at least 10 other soldiers were in front of me and i just kept walking and shooting straight at them, no point in taking cover since they struggle to shoot you anyway.

Can you select a harder difficulty? Probably a bit late now anyway since I'm pretty sure I'm nearly finished

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm not finished the game yet but i have to say it's beginning to go downhill alright. The missions are very repetitive and way too easy. I think thats the big problem. In one mission an army of at least 10 other soldiers were in front of me and i just kept walking and shooting straight at them, no point in taking cover since they struggle to shoot you anyway.

Can you select a harder difficulty? Probably a bit late now anyway since I'm pretty sure I'm nearly finished

You can only change it to expert aiming that will up the difficulty but there is no other way if i remember correctly.

Anyone going to go back when the free dlc comes out,hoping it will be good enough to make me stick out the last 5 or so levels i need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

IS it true that A red dead redemtion 2 is on its way!?:confused:

Advertisement