Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

guys i am trying to play online but i cant find any1 what hell is going wrong. please help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

guys i am trying to play online but i cant find any1 what hell is going wrong. please help

Had same problem, did loads of things to try and sort it. turned out my NAT had changed to 3 so had to set it back to NAT 1. Then it worked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Thanks for reply man i use 3 mifi is it possible to change the nat tpye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi guy's I'm trying to get the US marshals uniform and have to complete all gang hideouts in the US in 24 hours. I know there is Gaptooth Breach,Pikes basin,Fort Mercer and Solomans folly (i think)
    Are there any that I'm missing. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi guy's I'm trying to get the US marshals uniform and have to complete all gang hideouts in the US in 24 hours. I know there is Gaptooth Breach,Pikes basin,Fort Mercer and Solomans folly (i think)
    Are there any that I'm missing. Thanks.

There are six hideouts in the US, Gaptooth Breach, Tumbleweed, Solomon's Folly, Fort Mercer, Twin Rocks and Pike's Basin. I recommend that order and don't fast travel as it adds 6 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I didn't think you had to do Solomons Folly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

TheTosh wrote: »

Yup you do. Basically any hideout that's not in Mexico.

TheTosh wrote: »

you'd think so, but all in the U.S oddly this makes it harder that the 360 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just finished the Story there. Thought it was magnificent. Loved every minute of it. Gonna go for 100% and Plat' it now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

How do i kill a poxy grizzly with a knife.
    Peppered one with a few rounds from the Repeater then took a few swipes. It stayed up and with one swipe I got mauled.

• Advertisement

Peppered one with a few rounds from the Repeater then took a few swipes. It stayed up and with one swipe I got mauled.

This took me 5 or 6 goes. There wasn't really anything special that i did in the end. Try this though.

Make sure you have a few meds, crouch down so you are on the same level as his head, when he charges you hold your ground swipe once or twice at his head. He will at this stage have more than likely run you over so at this point take a med. Then repeat. Simple:cool:

BTW I'm pretty sure if you shoot him first it will not count towards your acehievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

If you surprise one its easier, they seem to try to get away from you. Takes a good few stabs to take them down.

Is this for free roam or single player?

in single player just use a med after each swipe it does at you and try to gauge how many shots it takes of your weakest gun to kill it in the body then go 1 less, there is a problem if it runs i spent a minute or two sprinting after a bear when it ran near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was playing Free Roam with my mate last night and we just wandered up to El Presidio to dick about on the cannons, long story short we ended up Public Enemies. So I climb up the ladder in the tower to hide and take pot shots. There were loads of guards coming up the stairs so I just sat there looking at the stairs and popping them as they came up.

Next thing this floating dog with a walking stick gravitates up through the ladder hole and just floats there, staring at me. After a minute of it just looking at me I pop it in the face. Tell my mate and as he's on his way over another one appears, he gets up the ladder and it turns around and kills him. On his game it was a Mexican Army grunt just standing there, but on mine it was this creepy floating dog with a walking stick.

Weird glitch.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was playing Free Roam with my mate last night and we just wandered up to El Presidio to dick about on the cannons, long story short we ended up Public Enemies. So I climb up the ladder in the tower to hide and take pot shots. There were loads of guards coming up the stairs so I just sat there looking at the stairs and popping them as they came up.

Next thing this floating dog with a walking stick gravitates up through the ladder hole and just floats there, staring at me. After a minute of it just looking at me I pop it in the face. Tell my mate and as he's on his way over another one appears, he gets up the ladder and it turns around and kills him. On his game it was a Mexican Army grunt just standing there, but on mine it was this creepy floating dog with a walking stick.

Weird glitch.

That sounds kinda scary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Try waiting for it to charge at you and rolling away from it. They're quite cumbersome so you've got a good bitta time to swipe it in the back while it's trying to figure out where the fúck you've rolled off to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

I have a multipayer question. With the headset do you just broadcast to your posse or is it to everyone on the server? If its everyone i it just to the people close to where you are?

Can you set it to "push to talk" rather that "voice act"

Stevo105 wrote: »
    I have a multipayer question. With the headset do you just broadcast to your posse or is it to everyone on the server? If its everyone i it just to the people close to where you are?

Can you set it to "push to talk" rather that "voice act"

your pose will hear you at all times as well as anyone near you, if you press up then it's the whole server. i don't know what headset you use but can't you mute if needed, it's harder but that's your only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

@ Varik
    My using a motorola ear piece i got on ebay about 5years ago that i used to use in the car with my old mobile phone. so i dont have a mute option. This is the first PS3 game i have played online, I usually just play PC games. Thanks for the info mate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    BTW I'm pretty sure if you shoot him first it will not count towards your acehievement trophy.

FYP...:p

You can shoot him, but you must kill him with the knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Yes, you can shoot the bear with the revolver 3/4 times and then run up and knife it, the other way is go to Tall Trees, there always seems to be some guy there getting chased by bears, and you can run up and kill that one it generally doesn't take any notice of you and just keeps chasing the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyone else avin problems online everytime i go into a lobby its empty and im the only member its frustrating :mad:

ricero wrote: »
    anyone else avin problems online everytime i go into a lobby its empty and im the only member its frustrating :mad:

had same problem, it was a NAT issue, changing it to NAT 1 solved it for me.

ricero wrote: »
    had same problem, it was a NAT issue, changing it to NAT 1 solved it for me.

I have no problems getting into multiplayer games with others in free roam.

Am NAT 2 so that's not the issue.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I have no problems getting into multiplayer games with others in free roam.

Am NAT 2 so that's not the issue.

I was NAT 3, as soon as I changed NAT it worked.

I was NAT 3, as soon as I changed NAT it worked.

I'd agree with you there. NAT 3 is the bane of online gaming..impossible to play.
    Put yourself into NAT 2 and it will work aswell.
    In NAT 1 you won't be able to use the media server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

What is this NAT?, and how do you know what one your using?, and how to change it?

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    What is this NAT?, and how do you know what one your using?, and how to change it?

On XMB, go to settings > network settings and run an Internet connection test.
    It will tell you your NAT type.
    NAT 1 or 2 is good for gaming, NAT 3 is impossible to play online games.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/3_21/settings/connecttest.html#connectPSNetwork

gooch2k9 wrote: »

Who is your ISP?

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd agree with you there. NAT 3 is the bane of online gaming..impossible to play.
    Put yourself into NAT 2 and it will work aswell.
    In NAT 1 you won't be able to use the media server.

Only found out how to go from 3 to 1. Will try it on 2.

Advertisement