Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Im a zombie purist so Resident evil 1&2 are my dream games. Cant remember 3 but 4 and 5 are not zombies they changed from having zombies into stupid mutants.

I hate left for dead zombies, they are garbage, fast zombies :eek: smokers, spitters and all that. What happened to just getting an undead guy to walk around looking for brains and biting people ? Its PC gone mad !!!

It's 4 where they switch to the mutant things, but for all intents and purposes they are zombies. I meant that I wouldn't mind Res Evil going back to zombies anyway. Can't agree with you about Left 4 Dead though. Yeah they're fast zombies, but the gameplay is so good and frantic because of those types of zombies that if they were just regular zombies it would just be boring. Left 4 Dead online is just fantastic.

Dead Rising is probably the purest form of zombies in games and while I love it, but it's a much more languid, plodding game rather than the frenzy that is Left 4 Dead so I'm glad Left 4 Dead went for a different style of zombie and added 'special infected' just to keep the gameplay fresh and inventive.

Either way, it's just dumb putting zombies into Red Dead, it just reeks of, I don't know, almost marketing really. "Let's just shove zombies in there because the kids, they like the zombies right?" Bleugh. I sold Red Dead already anyway and this ain't going to lure me back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It's 4 where they switch to the mutant things, but for all intents and purposes they are zombies. I meant that I wouldn't mind Res Evil going back to zombies anyway. Can't agree with you about Left 4 Dead though. Yeah they're fast zombies, but the gameplay is so good and frantic because of those types of zombies that if they were just regular zombies it would just be boring. Left 4 Dead online is just fantastic.

Dead Rising is probably the purest form of zombies in games and while I love it, but it's a much more languid, plodding game rather than the frenzy that is Left 4 Dead so I'm glad Left 4 Dead went for a different style of zombie and added 'special infected' just to keep the gameplay fresh and inventive.

Either way, it's just dumb putting zombies into Red Dead, it just reeks of, I don't know, almost marketing really. "Let's just shove zombies in there because the kids, they like the zombies right?" Bleugh. I sold Red Dead already anyway and this ain't going to lure me back!

Its because Trey Arch did it with the Nazi zombies and made loads of money the others went hmmmm i could do that.

Its because Trey Arch did it with the Nazi zombies and made loads of money the others went hmmmm i could do that.

Which is exactly my point. Totally cynical cash grab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah they'll still be there. I think you can do them even after you finish the main story but I'm not 100% on that, haven't played it in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

seriously look at all these games - Do you really think these people make the games because they want people to enjoy them? - No they make the games so they can make money - Everything is about money

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    seriously look at all these games - Do you really think these people make the games because they want people to enjoy them? - No they make the games so they can make money - Everything is about money

There's a huge difference between making a game about zombies, and making a Western game and throwing zombies into it as DLC to try a get money out of people. I like to believe that developers try to make the most money they can by making the best game experience they can. Of course they want people ot enjoy the games. Most developers do. Because you know, enjoyable games tend to sell more and they might just want a little pride in their work.

That's why I said cynical cash grab rather than just cash grab. Zombies in Red Dead is just a focus-group/marketing decision where they looked at what's popular and tried to shoe-horn it into their games. The next DLC will add Mario and a Guitar Hero mini-game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah they'll still be there. I think you can do them even after you finish the main story but I'm not 100% on that, haven't played it in a while.

There is only one stranger mission you cannot do after the main story , can't say what or why without spoiling the game. So if going for 100% be sure to get those done, anything else can be done at anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

XtraFalcon wrote: »

Im old enough to remember when games where free ! When they where made by hobbists up in their bedroom (i always snigger when people claim to be Retro gamers because they play the SNES now :D). But sadly like everything in the world its all for profit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Only playing this a week and i love it. Arrived in Mexico last night and the first thing i did was do a wanted poster. Thats when i got this fairly weird glitch.

Located the target, killed all his buddies and decided i was going to take him alive. So after a long chase on horseback i lassoed him and was just about to hogtie him when marston froze. He was still wriggling around screaming on the end of the rope. Next thing a pack of 5 wolves came out of nowhere and started mauling him. They would attack him,then circle him then attack again.

All this time my buttons were frozen along with Marston. I had to turn off the game to stop it.

Another glitch was when i came upon a wagon and 2 horses vibrating and rattling like mad in the middle of the desert. A single bullet to the brain of each horse stopped that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Guys is there supposed to be a manual with RDR? I bought it off gameplay.co.uk and just got it there. The only thing thats in the case is the game disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

You get a fairly thick manual and a map of the game world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ugh grand so I'll shoot off an email and see if I can get that. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I got a lend of Red dead off a friend for a day and what can I say. A lot of boardsies thought it was crap, I on the other hand thought it was the best game since San Andreas:) I love it so Im going to buy it Friday or if anyone has it and wants to get rid of it give me a shout.

I love the openness of it and the wild life. Its a funny game. I was playing poker, I went all in on the first hand and I knocked 3 lads off the table, then I went all in on the second hand and won, pure fluke. After that I went to the bar and had a few drinks, got drunk, went up to my bedroom in the inn, then saw a prostitute and I lassoed her, tied her up and shot her. What a game! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I rang Xtravision and they will give me 30 euro trade in for this, which is alright. Might trade it for Episodes from Liberty City (not sure yet tho). Really want to trade this cuz i'm not playing it at all. I had fun with the poker, hunting, messing around but am bored of it now and the story missions just are'nt exciting enough to keep me going to the next one.

The online just wasn't fun so it's definitely not worth (to me) to pay for all that DLC.

So what game to get :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Free roam Question. The money you earn in free roam from killing people with bountys on their heads etc. can you do anyhing or buying anything with that money or is it just for your stats? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BaronVonMarlon

Finished this last night but it seems I missed the 'I Know You' stranger challenge along the way, anyone know if I can still do this
    seeing as I'm now a whiny man-child :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Finished this last night but it seems I missed the 'I Know You' stranger challenge along the way, anyone know if I can still do this
    seeing as I'm now a whiny man-child :pac:

Only by replaying the whole game
    as that side quest is unique to John Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BaronVonMarlon

Cheers mate, was afraid that would be the case alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Cheers mate, was afraid that would be the case alright

Are you sure you don't have a save from
    before the flashforward? I was very careful not to overwrite the last save I made as John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr. K wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't have a save from
    before the flashforward? I was very careful not to overwrite the last save I made as John

The "I know you stuff" does not have to be done to get 100%, the side missions won't disappear no matter what happens with the story or if you fail one you can still repeat it.
    The missions you get after with Jack do have interesting dialogue, including how people mistake John for you then are corrected or how they simply know who you are

The "I know you stuff" mission is not game play centric look you YouTube and you find it, a video of it would be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Trying to get some money for my mint condition for Read Dead Redemption.

Bought in GameStop last week. Have receipt. Box in perfect condition, CD in perfect condition, manuals/map all untouched. Only thing missing is the celophane wrapping that was around it.

GameStop refuse to accept a refund unless the game is faulty so my only options left are sell it, no one seems to want it (have it on adverts.ie [plug, lol]) or else trade it in.

Trading in a basically mint version of Red Dead Redemption... how much would I get if I was to hand it in tomorrow morning?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

afaik gamestop are giving 35e trade in for it currently, they are also giving an extra 25% trade in value on trade in games for pre booking big titles like mafia 2/medal of honour etc.

that would give you 42.50 for it if you were interested in future titles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Ok, thanks for the feedback, Think i'll do that then tomorrow

welcome mate!

great game btw
    except for the needless 20 or so missions it could have done without when it got uninteresting in Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

afaik gamestop are giving 35e trade in for it currently, they are also giving an extra 25% trade in value on trade in games for pre booking big titles like mafia 2/medal of honour etc.

that would give you 42.50 for it if you were interested in future titles

oh interesting, i bought it for 45 euro launch day, to get rid of it for only a 2.50 loss would be great.

welcome mate!

great game btw
    except for the needless 20 or so missions it could have done without when it got uninteresting in Mexico.

Thanks for info lads, I wanted to get rid of this as well and was gonna get mafia 2 anyway so might take advantage of that gamestop offer!

I stopped playign after a ton of missions in mexico and it became boring as FUUUUUUCKKKK

Does it get better after mexico?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks for info lads, I wanted to get rid of this as well and was gonna get mafia 2 anyway so might take advantage of that gamestop offer!

I stopped playign after a ton of missions in mexico and it became boring as FUUUUUUCKKKK

No

No

HAHA cool, will be trading this shiite for Mafia 2 so.

sheehy83 wrote: »

there is about 5 missions left worth playing after ya finish the missions with sam elliott. the thing is there are 25 'fluff' missions, ya need to play in order to get to the ones worth playing, i found myself waiting outside a mission point for ten mins a time due to only being able to do a mission at a certain time of day. pretty annoying and lets hope mafia 2 doesn't suffer from 'once upon america syndrome', like this one.

• Advertisement

there is about 5 missions left worth playing after ya finish the missions with sam elliott. the thing is there are 25 'fluff' missions, ya need to play in order to get to the ones worth playing, i found myself waiting outside a mission point for ten mins a time due to only being able to do a mission at a certain time of day. pretty annoying and lets hope mafia 2 doesn't suffer from 'once upon america syndrome', like this one.

Exactly!!! Last time I played it, I had to go to a little hut in the south of mexico, i finally get there and it says come back between 7am and 2pm. I checked my watch, 2:05. FAAAAIIILLLLLL turned it off, didn't put it back on since. I loved Mafia, I just can't see Mafia 2 being able to live up to it's name, I really hoep it proves me wrong tho!

Advertisement