Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks for info lads, I wanted to get rid of this as well and was gonna get mafia 2 anyway so might take advantage of that gamestop offer!

I stopped playign after a ton of missions in mexico and it became boring as FUUUUUUCKKKK

Does it get better after mexico?

I traded it in, I'd say after about 3 hours gameplay. Bored to tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

thought it was amazing at first but just like GTA4 im bored to tears doing pointless missions that just drag and drag and drag out the story. gamestop are doing 35e tradeins so im prob down with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Have you tried opening the right ports in port forwarding?
    Search on ps3 port forwarding and there are a million links to help you. It worked for me. But I have digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

have to agree with the annoying tedious missions that really can wreck your soul!!

But I have a very addictive personality so couldnt give up!

Got to the part where
    killed dutch and back on the ranch with the family

thought it was over but it just keeps going!!

I also unlocked the legend of the west outfit but cant change outfits.. Can anyone elaborate on that for me?? Is it coz I am working on the ranch in northern region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I had difficulties with that as well. I didn't check if I could change my cloths outside of the ranch.

• Advertisement

I did try in many different locations but to no avail.. ah well.. I'll get over it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Its getting annoying with GTA/Red Dead now.

Extending open world games with retarded pointless missions where the story doesnt progress. Im begining to hate the idea of those games.

I got to the last mission on GTA4 and didnt bother to keep at it to finish and was bored out of my tits playing the game in general anyway.

Another was the new FF game, again bored so bored of the lack of progress made on the story. that game really took the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am getting more joy going through the challenges than I did with the game.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am getting more joy going through the challenges than I did with the game.

yea.. I loved the last few hunter challenges...

Kahn the jaguar was pretty cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

single player game got very boring.. enjoy the multiplayer part alot more.. new map pack came out today for a tenner, eight new maps.. multiplayer is good fun, plus there is not as many cheating annoying gimps that you get on mw2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Are some of the off-line stats (stats menu in game not social club stats) in this game a bit off? Have a weird figure showing up for my 'time spent playing poker'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finished the story mode in this last night. I soley concentrated on the story missions, ignoring everything else along the way. I was planning on going back to see all the things that I missed.

Now that I'm finished the story, I don't feel the urge to go back. I've yet to try out the multiplayer so that might bring me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I finished the story mode in this last night. I soley concentrated on the story missions, ignoring everything else along the way. I was planning on going back to see all the things that I missed.

Now that I'm finished the story, I don't feel the urge to go back. I've yet to try out the multiplayer so that might bring me back.

Did u actually see the credits roll by when u say that u have finished the game? Some people might assume that the games over when u hear that song after killing that guy. However, there is still about an hours worth of story mode after that. I dont want to spoil anything but i thought i will let u know just in case u missed the last part ( like i did, on my first playthrough).
    U get to take revenge on that police dude as john marstons son after john dies. If my memory is correct, its a side quest at the town with proper roads ( cant remember the name of the town)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

jmx009 wrote: »
    Did u actually see the credits roll by when u say that u have finished the game? Some people might assume that the games over when u hear that song after killing that guy. However, there is still about an hours worth of story mode after that. I dont want to spoil anything but i thought i will let u know just in case u missed the last part ( like i did, on my first playthrough).
    U get to take revenge on that police dude as john marstons son after john dies. If my memory is correct, its a side quest at the town with proper roads ( cant remember the name of the town)

I played on after killing that guy. I didn't
    get revenge though. I might go back and to that mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I played on after killing that guy. I didn't
    get revenge though. I might go back and to that mission.
    Yeah that's the final Story mission really. It's shown as a Stranger Mission on your map though. It's in Blackwater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 animalhuger

2smiggy wrote: »
    i think it will be basically grand theft auto - wild west. but don't think it will take itself as serious as gta4. plus its bigger than san andreas so there should be loads to do and explore. there is also multiplayer but i am not sure what that involves yet.

I must buy lol

yea when you get to blackwater you can find a stranger near the train station and he'll send you on your way to finish the story off properly and
    take revenge on the man that killed John Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anyone play this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

A piece of me died when
    John Marston died

Dave1711 wrote: »
    A piece of me died when
    John Marston died

yeah
    What a load of crap, all game long John was taking out bigger groups and kicking ass, there is no way in hell he would have faced them like that. I was a bit gutted :o

• Advertisement

yeah
    What a load of crap, all game long John was taking out bigger groups and kicking ass, there is no way in hell he would have faced them like that. I was a bit gutted :o

I know!
    he held off the god damn US army just before that!!
    very unsatisfying ending!really annoyed me

Dave1711 wrote: »
    I know!
    he held off the god damn US army just before that!!
    very unsatisfying ending!really annoyed me

Maybe we should write an angry email to someone. :pac:

Maybe we should write an angry email to someone. :pac:

Haha we shall cause uproar in the game world!!and startle rockstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Does anyone know if the DLC for RDR has missions that can be played in either singleplayer or offline co-op? I hate online gaming!

Harrowing experience just trying to navigate the menus while online to get that free suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the DLC for RDR has missions that can be played in either singleplayer or offline co-op? I hate online gaming!

Harrowing experience just trying to navigate the menus while online to get that free suit!

I may be mistaken but as far as I know the DLC just gives you characters and items for online once again don't take my word I'm just going by what I was told

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do I start a new game?I cant see any option for it anywhere :confused:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do I start a new game?I cant see any option for it anywhere :confused:?

It's not at the start screen if i remember correctly, you do it while playing the game so just press start or select and have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Varik wrote: »
    It's not at the start screen if i remember correctly, you do it while playing the game so just press start or select and have a look around.

Yeah, when you pause, I think it's the bottom option. It says Game or something and in there you can start a new game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just finished the game yesterday and I'm going straight to gamestop to trade it in with the deal that's going....

First time I'll be trading a game in ever as I usually keep my games just for the sake of it in case I ever get an urge to play again but I won't be playing this again...

The world is just too big with absolutely nothing in 70-80% of the world bar a few deers or buffalo running around and that is a big problem when it feels like hours trying to run across the map to get to a mission.... you try to fast travel and it constanly tells you that your too near to a gang hideout or a road or the land isn't perfectly flat :mad::mad:

and then to top it off I've been fast traveled to a spot half a mile from where I wanted to go but anyways....

Just couldn't be bothered playing anymore because every single mission and side mission is the same

I've died about 5 times in the whole game and that's because the jumpy controls made me fall into the river or water a few times or when a character like Bonnie or someone died and you had to restart the mission over it....

I just haven't got any interest in these open world sandbox games anymore - just bore me now because of the repetitive nature of the missions

but saying that I did enjoy this game somewhat and would probably give it a good 7/10 - juts the Mexican missions dragged on forever and having to stick to the roads because of huge canyons in the way of any shortcut just really drove me mad and nearly made me quit the game

• Advertisement

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Just finished the game yesterday and I'm going straight to gamestop to trade it in with the deal that's going....

First time I'll be trading a game in ever as I usually keep my games just for the sake of it in case I ever get an urge to play again but I won't be playing this again...

The world is just too big with absolutely nothing in 70-80% of the world bar a few deers or buffalo running around and that is a big problem when it feels like hours trying to run across the map to get to a mission.... you try to fast travel and it constanly tells you that your too near to a gang hideout or a road or the land isn't perfectly flat :mad::mad:

and then to top it off I've been fast traveled to a spot half a mile from where I wanted to go but anyways....

Just couldn't be bothered playing anymore because every single mission and side mission is the same

I've died about 5 times in the whole game and that's because the jumpy controls made me fall into the river or water a few times or when a character like Bonnie or someone died and you had to restart the mission over it....

I just haven't got any interest in these open world sandbox games anymore - just bore me now because of the repetitive nature of the missions

but saying that I did enjoy this game somewhat and would probably give it a good 7/10 - juts the Mexican missions dragged on forever and having to stick to the roads because of huge canyons in the way of any shortcut just really drove me mad and nearly made me quit the game

I hear ya.. Very frustrating alrite but I managed to see it through and finish to 100% completion..

I've never traded anything in before so might just start doing that now!!

any1 have any idea how much credit I can get for it??

Advertisement