Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You had a radio on GTA.

This is very true!!

And also I suppose your car doesn't get tired and kick you off if you drive it too hard or don't feed it apples!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You had a radio on GTA.

Yea, but by the end of the game you'd heard every song/interview/general radio babble about 20 times.

Yea, but by the end of the game you'd heard every song/interview/general radio babble about 20 times.

still much better than the one clickity-clonk sound of a horse running which ya hear 10,000 times!! :D

I actually bough GT4 for PS3 bout a year ago now and still havnt found the time to start it!! haha!! love those games!!

Rockstar generally rock at making class games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GTA IV = Massive let down over San Andrea/Vice City. Only get about 5 hours into it before giving up.

GTA IV = Massive let down over San Andrea/Vice City. Only get about 5 hours into it before giving up.

Really??

Doesnt sound good!! Unfortunately for me I have a very addicitve personality so when I start playing some games I'll usually finish them..

Even with RDR I was getting a bit bored of it yet still got to 100% completion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

+1, i was very dissapointed with GTA IV. Its just not as much fun. takes itself way to seriously. Ive given up on it, ive got about 15% done and i just got bored doing the same boring missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, really! I enjoyed GTA IV the most; i found the character the most relatable (as opposed to some street thug) as he's basically trying to be a good person and better himself. Thought his quips when in the warehouse "i'm not leaving without Roman" etc were quite touching; he's there for his cousin. Did enjoy the moral choices you had to make in the game; wish there were more. Fantastic, beautiful world; definitely the standard-bearer for modern sandbox games.

And who doesn't like Brucie!! Genetically Different, Baby!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow, really! I enjoyed GTA IV the most; i found the character the most relatable (as opposed to some street thug) as he's basically trying to be a good person and better himself. Thought his quips when in the warehouse "i'm not leaving without Roman" etc were quite touching; he's there for his cousin. Did enjoy the moral choices you had to make in the game; wish there were more. Fantastic, beautiful world; definitely the standard-bearer for modern sandbox games.

And who doesn't like Brucie!! Genetically Different, Baby!

I think that was my problem with it, i couldnt get into the story. And the fun factor wasnt there either. Without either, i just got bored. Where as GTA SA and RDR are great fun IMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://kotaku.com/5658629/ive-re+killed-zombies-in-red-dead-redemptions-undead-nightmare?skyline=true&s=i
    Really beginning to get excited about this DLC, it sounds fantastic!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tman wrote: »

Me too,hope its nice and long.Finished the main story last night,now onto the side missions and get 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im addicted to poker :(
    Getting no where cause i just end up playing poker for an hour and a half everytime i turn it on!

Anyone else getting this?have it downloading atm.gonna take ages.

Went to buy this but realised I was a few points short, so just topped up my points balance (god bless live-codes) and came back to buy it, but it seems to have disappeared from xbox.com...

/edit
    NM, back up now and added to my queue!
    There's also a pack off all 3 DLC packs released so far for 1600, which seems like good value if you're an onliney type...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Anyone else getting this?have it downloading atm.gonna take ages.

Just installing now!
    1743MB Download took 1.5 Hours
    Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Just installing now!
    1743MB Download took 1.5 Hours
    Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Took me more than 3hrs to download it,then again I should have expected that with mobile broadband :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

CVG REVIEW

Zombies and the Western. Yep, I'm there. I'll have to download this bad boy at the weekend. GTA IV was a massive letdown after GTA:SA. Traded it in immediately after completing the single player game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Four Horses of the Apocalypse

800px-107.jpg

800px-Rdr_four_horses_apocalypse.jpg

Varik wrote: »
    Four Horses of the Apocalypse

That red one is definitely going to replace my American Standardbred!
    Hopefully they'll be rare, I quite enjoyed the challenge of tracking down the two rare breeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

All the DLC is coming on a stand alone disk on Nov 26th for 30euro if anyone doesnt have online access. It will work out cheaper and you dont need the game disk.

• Advertisement

All the DLC is coming on a stand alone disk on Nov 26th for 30euro if anyone doesnt have online access. It will work out cheaper and you dont need the game disk.

If you don't have online access isn't everything besides Red Undead a waste? Maybe if you could play the multiplayer offline couch co-op...

That doesn't really work out cheaper though... They've also released a bundle of all 3 DLC packs for 1600 MS points, which is pretty much half of €30...

I think the disc doesn't contain the single player campaign, so it's not especially good value imo...

The DLC bundle is on PSN for €19.99 or you can get the standalone for €30 in a shop.

Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Collection (£15.99/€19.99) (contains Undead Nightmare pack, Legends and Killers pack, Liars and Cheats pack) Rating: PEGI 18

or

Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare (£7.99/€9.99) (20% discount for Plus subscribers)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

I'm pretty pissed that I supported the game when I bought all the dlc when it was released so I ended up paying €10 more than if I waited. Seems a bit unfair

theShawzer wrote: »
    I'm pretty pissed that I supported the game when I bought all the dlc when it was released so I ended up paying €10 more than if I waited. Seems a bit unfair

It's always (mostly) like that map pack start coming in bundles or become free when the new one comes out, it help reduce player segmentation.

theShawzer wrote: »

Yeah it's definitely a bit pants since the DLCs were only released a short time ago. I think they should've rewarded early DLC customers with a price reduction for the Undead DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

This really is flippin brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

it's some great DLC alright. Really does change the way you play the game. Constantly on the run as those pesky headshots are tricky to pull off.

Having a hard time getting the challenge to kill 5 undead who are on fire. Already gone through the 4 fire bottles I got for saving Thieves Landing. Haven't been able to find anymore since.

It is a bit of a gib on the DLC front. I'd skipped the 1st DLC and bought the 2nd when it came it. Really do wish I'd skipped em all and bought that pack for 1600pts. No doubt I'll end up forking out the last 800pts at some stage for the missing DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Has anyone found Death in the wild? Got the other three pretty easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Finished Undead Nightmare today. Brilliant game, but the ending is a huge anticlimax and I wish it wasn't so short. Well worth downloading. 8/10

Advertisement