Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I picked it up with the intention of getting stuck into it this weekend, but the MLG Pro StarCraft Competitions are being streamed, so I'm watching that instead :)

I got the Collection for 1600 as I was 1600 away from earning the 800 reward points for spending 3200 in October and figured it was pretty good value. Played a bit of multi the night I got it and found it very frustrating as no one seems to actually want to play as a team. That said, I find this to be the norm amongst online console people and quite baffling as to why they don't even bother to try team playing given that it's costing them extra for the online experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Kharn wrote: »
    I picked it up with the intention of getting stuck into it this weekend, but the MLG Pro StarCraft Competitions are being streamed, so I'm watching that instead :)

I got the Collection for 1600 as I was 1600 away from earning the 800 reward points for spending 3200 in October and figured it was pretty good value. Played a bit of multi the night I got it and found it very frustrating as no one seems to actually want to play as a team. That said, I find this to be the norm amongst online console people and quite baffling as to why they don't even bother to try team playing given that it's costing them extra for the online experience.
    It's 2400 :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I paid 1600 cause that's all I had left in my account. Maybe it's gone up now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

He means the 800 MSP reward was for spending 2400 MSP, not 3200 MSP like you posted. The Undead Nightmare Collection is 1600 MSP either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Finished Undead Nightmare today. Brilliant game, but the ending is a huge anticlimax and I wish it wasn't so short. Well worth downloading. 8/10

On the ending:
    They came so close to having an epic ending where it turns out John is in Hell or Purgatory because of his past misdeeds. Doomed to forever save his family from peril or until he's atoned.
    I thought that's what they were hinting at with the spooky girl's dialogue in the Aztec crypt. Instead they went with a cheesy ending of *another* zombie plague years later.

On a related note, anyone out there want to do some RDR achievement boosting? I'm short a load of coop ones and multiplayer ones. I've 100%'d RDR and Undead single player so I have all of those. I really want that 100% game completion :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oh man KJ, that would've been a fantastic ending. R u PS3 or 360?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    oh man KJ, that would've been a fantastic ending. R u PS3 or 360?
    360. I spent ages last night trying for Hail Mary. Stupid inaccurate tomahawks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Really disappointed with the multiplayer on this game. It's so confusing and they're never anyone around, it seems. Free roam and just me on the map. Begin a new free roam and maybe see 4 people. Try playing a quick match set up and I get shot at without getting a look-in. No real reward for doing good, either. Crappy extras like gettting the bag or some weird game like that. Pointless and dull but could have been so so so much better. Pity really.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    Really disappointed with the multiplayer on this game. It's so confusing and they're never anyone around, it seems. Free roam and just me on the map. Begin a new free roam and maybe see 4 people. Try playing a quick match set up and I get shot at without getting a look-in. No real reward for doing good, either. Crappy extras like gettting the bag or some weird game like that. Pointless and dull but could have been so so so much better. Pity really.

Multiplayer is Fantastic, Try the,Casual Games, Co-op Missions, Horse Racing games, Poker Liars Dice, Undead overload.
    Free roam is just for practice till you build up some xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

It's a double XP weekend again this weekend. I'm hoping to get that bit closer to the level up achievement and hopefully pick up a more of the online ones I've still to get. If anyone is fancying a game let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just finished the game and i gotta say, for such an epic and massive game it is, the ending is pure bull, whats with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

tonydude wrote: »
    Just finished the game and i gotta say, for such an epic and massive game it is, the ending is pure bull, whats with that?

It is a western ...

It is a western ...

I knew someone would cop to that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is Red Dead Redemption or Undead Nightmare? If its Red Dead, are you sure you're finished it?
    John Marstons death isn't the end of the game. Look in Blackwater for a side mission called "Remember My Family" which will give you the true ending once completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

DarkJager wrote: »
    John Marstons death isn't the end of the game. Look in Blackwater for a side mission called "Remember My Family" which will give you the true ending once completed.

I thought the first thing you mentioned was quite poignant (as well as the 2nd!). I loved
    the slow mo and your futile attempt to try shoot them all. The speeches Dutch and the feds gave about change
    really hit home. Especially the name of that particular story mission. I spent a lot of time reading about all the intricacies of the plot, characters and dialogue on RDR's wiki site; it was extremely well-made and gave me a greater appreciation for the game.

DarkJager wrote: »
    ye i completed that, thats wat i mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just finished this. Wow. What an incredible game. One of the best I've ever played - and that's saying a lot. I can't believe I almost skipped over it....(didn't like it at first but persisted and thank god I did!)

John Marston - what a unique and likable character. Everything was so tight - the script, the characters, the acting, the gameplay, the graphics, the music. Just incredible. One of the best story driven games in the world, right up there with GTA. High production values. I agree with another poster who said, this isn't gaming anymore, it's a form of art. Like an interactive movie. It wasn't perfect, but my god what a game. THIS is the reason I play video games.
    The death of John was akin to the death of Aerith in FF7. So bittersweet...afterwards, the world seemed a lesser place because he was dead. Seeing the grave...very rarely has a game touched me like this did.

finished it myself and working on the 100% , 93% at the moment. Loads to do in the world

finished it myself and working on the 100% , 93% at the moment. Loads to do in the world
    I've never been tempted to 100% any other Rockstar games but I was hooked on RDR so much that I got it on RDR and Undead Nightmare. The map is just so gorgeous that you can spend hours just wandering from place to place.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

KerranJast wrote: »
    I've never been tempted to 100% any other Rockstar games but I was hooked on RDR so much that I got it on RDR and Undead Nightmare. The map is just so gorgeous that you can spend hours just wandering from place to place.

It's the only game I've ever finished 100%. Was brilliant. I wasn't so fussed on Undead Nightmare though, but love RDR.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone still play this online?

yea thers still a good community online

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya was playing the zombie shootout thing online,was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

The dlc has rekindled my love for this game after the gruel that was the last missions. Loving the MP now wasn't to crazy about it to begin with. Going for 100% as well, just a few challenges and clear out all american hide outs in 24hr game time(looks tough and frustrating)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

anyone still play this online?

yes , all the time . legend/prestige 3 :D
    only need 25 more head shots to have all the golden guns :D:D

nearly at 100% (98% at the mo) that five finger fillet is annoying me, gotta clear out the us hideouts in 24hrs too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I tried the multiplayer last night for the first time and was very unimpressed. It seemed like every time I died there was someone behind me when I respawned. Very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TheTosh wrote: »
    Going for 100% as well, just a few challenges and clear out all american hide outs in 24hr game time(looks tough and frustrating)

It's actually much easier than it sounds - just plan out your route out beforehand (I worked from west to east) and avoid using quick travel and you should be fine...

nearly at 100% (98% at the mo) that five finger fillet is annoying me, gotta clear out the us hideouts in 24hrs too
    The list of codes for 5 finger fillet is online.
    Just concentrate on the controller and the button to press. Don't watch the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Got 100% in this finally, tman you were the gang hide outs were easy took about 2 mins each at most, now for the platinum trophy

Advertisement