Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Real pity this isn't coming out for pc,i tempted to buy it for ps3 all the same,looks really cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

you would need a crazy pc to play this although i could see there being some funny mods.

3 weeks away come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Wow this looks good from rockstar - so it's essentially a GTA in the 1800s?

And what system is it looking best for, PS3 or Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Elessar wrote: »

And what system is it looking best for, PS3 or Xbox?

Taking GTA IV as a comparison, i'd say the 360 version for graphical performance and MS will probably be their usual self and buy timed exclusive rights to DLC.

i'd say PS3 cuz xbox sucks mickey in general :P shoo Wolfy shooooo

In serious, i'd say they will be very similar but will wait for Gametrailers for the comparison video. Don't have a choice anyway, PS3 all the way for me. I really hope R* don't pull that DLC crap like they did with GTA4. With GTA , after clearing it, I didn't want to play any LDC for it but RDR might actually be grrrrreat!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    you would need a crazy pc to play this although i could see there being some funny mods.

3 weeks away come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

True,you'd probbly need a super computer to run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Elessar wrote: »

It's actually set in 1911, I believe. But yeah, basically Wild West GTA.

Can't wait for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

True,you'd probbly need a super computer to run it.

Don't underestimate the power of an average gaming PC... ;) 5 or 10 years ago was a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Don't underestimate the power of an average gaming PC... ;) 5 or 10 years ago was a different story.

Dont underestimate poorly optimised code

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Don't underestimate how often this argument takes threads off topic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

DLC already announced and it's free and simultaneous for ps3 and xbox this summer. New multiplayer missions, will be like the online missions in gta 4, bomb da base 2 etc. Details taken from reddead.net

Rockstar has today revealed the first details concerning Red Dead Redemption’s first downloadable content (DLC) pack.
    The content takes the form of a Mission Pack titled ‘Outlaws To The End’, and it’s available FREE this June simultaneously for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It comprises six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. Among these are:
    “Walton’s Gold”
    Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!
    “The River”
    Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
    “Ammunition”
    The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.
    The other three missions will be revealed soon. Rockstar has also indicated that two more content updates will be available for release later this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

macpac26 wrote: »
    Definitely looks like a Wild West GTA, which is by no means a bad thing. Although i do think the game will get some heat due to the hunting side of things, namely from PETA and the like. Ill be getting it none the less, nice to see something different

I would like to see people giving out as the gamer is hunting animals instead of people

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

No as long as they put a "no animals were harmed in the making of this game" thing in the credits, sorted! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Anyone know if there are several types of special editions of the game, or just the one?

Theres a few different ones for america and uk gamestop and amazon. Not sure which is which but there are 3 packs afaik. Assasin - costume with longer dead eye and cool guns, Hunter - costume and you get more money for selling hides (awful) and Horsie one that gives you a kick ass horse.

The DLC info released sounds class as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Real pity this isn't coming out for pc,i tempted to buy it for ps3 all the same,looks really cool.

I'd be surprised if it won't make it's way eventually to the PC especially if it's the same engine GTA IV was based on.

There's also the fact that every Rockstar game has made it eventually to the PC as well to give us hope :)

(Besides, the time lag will give me enough time to upgrade my old e6320 to a quad :D)

I'd be surprised if it won't make it's way eventually to the PC especially if it's the same engine GTA IV was based on.

There's also the fact that every Rockstar game has made it eventually to the PC as well to give us hope :)

(Besides, the time lag will give me enough time to upgrade my old e6320 to a quad :D)

True!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I believed the hype and pre-ordered it today, based mostly on that Aussie site's preview.

Here's hoping it turns out to be a good one, otherwise it'll turn out like Borderlands and end up in the 'I'll probably never bother to finish it' pile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I know from a trusted source that the game is awesome. Superior to GTA 4.
    You won't be disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

I really cant wait to get this (well for my brother to get it;)) I dont think it is just hype it looks amazing and I played Red Dead Revolver on ps2 and it was really good and didnt even have an open world so this shud be 10 times better!!

Aw cmon Liamario, it sounds like you have an insider at R* or a tester or something. Now spill the beans, this is only Boards, it will never get back to anyone :D

Beaming when I heard my friends will be getting this as well, will have some great online laughs. (I was the only one who ventured away from MW2 to get Bad Company 2)

Did ye see the 2 guys who got RDR tattoos done? 1 is class and 1 is god awful!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I know the collectors edition is the same price but anyone know more about where and how to get this also any cool pre-order bonuses (the physical kind) i want a sheriffs badge to go with my assassin belt

Varik wrote: »
    I know the collectors edition is the same price but anyone know more about where and how to get this also any cool pre-order bonuses (the physical kind) i want a sheriffs badge to go with my assassin belt

The collectors edition is the same price as the standard ed?:confused:
    You have an assassin belt? :eek:

never mind, i'm just wrong, any shop in town have the collectors edition.

Want to get this in town so can trade in a game for it. Would be cool if collectors edition was the same price but gonna stick with the standard. Have no interest in bonuses that will help me clear the game faster or make it easier. Like you, would prefer actual physical extras with the game like a RDR bandana that you can wear around your face to rob your local shop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Cannot wait for this game to hit the PS3 all the lads are getting it aswel so it'll be great craic :).

Want to get this in town so can trade in a game for it. Would be cool if collectors edition was the same price but gonna stick with the standard. Have no interest in bonuses that will help me clear the game faster or make it easier. Like you, would prefer actual physical extras with the game like a RDR bandana that you can wear around your face to rob your local shop

i intend to play a lot of Free Play so the extra stuff would have been nice to mess with my friends online (faster horse), generally i hate any stuff that can give a bonus online like that stupid armour in mag.

Game Informer confirmed you can cheat at texas hold'em. You can palm the face card by holding an analog stick in a very precise position. If you lose it, the table will become very upset and you could be challenged to a duel outside the sallon.

is it the 21st May yet?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Game Informer confirmed you can cheat at texas hold'em

Sorry to be anal but Texas hold'em was never played in the wild west.

I don't know if I'll get this.
    I thought the orginal Red Dead was absolute pants but this is completely different AFAIK.

Advertisement