Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I'm not so sure a sequel would work it have to thought out very carefully,I would like to see a game they john is roaming with the dutch gang as a poster above me said :)

The sequel will happen, be in no doubt, even if it is money for old rope. The success of RDR guarantees a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

The sequel will happen, be in no doubt, even if it is money for old rope. The success of RDR guarantees a sequel.

Exactly dude. Its all about the money (money,money, money) ha stupid song in my head :P

Was definitely an unusual choice to
    kill marston off at the end
    Most games with the potential of sequels dont do that these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Megabump.

Scanning over my backlog on the shelf I spotted this gem I hadn't got close to finishing. I think I was just sandbox'd out with GTA IV and Just Cause 2.

Anyway, been playing a few hours of it and what a great game. The highlight has to be the music. Really topnotch stuff. The tempo picks up perfectly during any action.

Doesn't look half bad either...

I thought I had played a good bit (managed to open up Mexico) but my achievements say I've only completed 7%.

Anyway, back to shootin varmints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Ur achievements is low cause theres so many dlc achievements, fantastic game though make sure u get the undead expansion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Fantastic game! Game of the year for whatever year it came out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quarryman wrote: »
    Megabump.
    Scanning over my backlog on the shelf I spotted this gem I hadn't got close to finishing. I think I was just sandbox'd out with GTA IV and Just Cause 2.
    Anyway, been playing a few hours of it and what a great game. The highlight has to be the music. Really topnotch stuff. The tempo picks up perfectly during any action.
    I thought I had played a good bit (managed to open up Mexico) but my achievements say I've only completed 7%.
    Anyway, back to shootin varmints!

You are a lucky man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I know they said it wouldn't happen but I'm still waiting for a PC version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Played it again recently. Not quite finished (99.4%). Enjoyed it way more the second time around. Am currently playing undead, brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

quarryman wrote: »

Ahh, the music when you first arrive in Mexico, amazing :D

The game just gets better and better, keep at it. Then try the dlc, Undead Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

My fat PS3 died when I got to Bear country. I was only a few missions from completing it I would guess and I had no way of retrieving my save file. Had put so much time and effort in I couldn't drag myself back to do it all over again even though I loved the game. Ended up trading it in and never got a chance to try the DLC. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Big Knox wrote: »
    My fat PS3 died when I got to Bear country. I was only a few missions from completing it I would guess and I had no way of retrieving my save file. Had put so much time and effort in I couldn't drag myself back to do it all over again even though I loved the game. Ended up trading it in and never got a chance to try the DLC. :(

Some missions can be a chore. But you should pick up a used copy even, and add it to the pile to play later. That or download it off psn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Odd that this was bumped now. I started playing through for the second time last weekend and have pretty much nothing else planned for the long weekend other than throwing myself into it.

I'd almost forgotten what an amazing game this is. I've got gaming headphones now which just add to the already amazing atmosphere (and help pin-point where random screams are coming from!). I did the mission the other night where you need to help drive the herd of cattle in during the storm which is possibly the graphically impressive stage of any game I've played this generation, with the possible exception of some of the stages in Journey.

And I understand the graphics on the XBox version are even better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Hmmm... I may too reignite this game. I hadn't played my PS in a while and just played some Burnout Paradise yesterday to while away a few hours but RDR could be a better prospect as I have nothing to do now for a few weeks. Although when I played the first time around I never did seem to be able to get the fast horses =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

qz wrote: »
    I never did seem to be able to get the fast horses =/

play rythym games? All horses are fast and will win any race with a simple tappa tappa tappa :D Press Horsey Go button, count to 3, Press Horsey Go button, count to 3, Press Horsey Go Button repeat till Horsey wins.

You will find a rythym that keeps your horse at almost top speed and 60 to 70% stamina.

Easily one of the best games ever made.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    play rythym games? All horses are fast and will win any race with a simple tappa tappa tappa :D Press Horsey Go button, count to 3, Press Horsey Go button, count to 3, Press Horsey Go Button repeat till Horsey wins.

You will find a rythym that keeps your horse at almost top speed and 60 to 70% stamina.

Easily one of the best games ever made.

I was under the impression that some of the horses actually had a faster base level speed than others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ok, so we're agreed, a long weekend of Red Dead Redemption it is then.

I was under the impression that some of the horses actually had a faster base level speed than others?

Yeah they do, and better stamina. A lot of the wild horses have decent speeds but you need to break them first before they're unlocked. To be honest, I try to keep the stallion that Bonnie gives you about seven or eight levels into the game for as long as possible.

Put the game back into the Playstation there for the first time in about a year, already finished the first bunch of Bonnie's missions and I've done about 4 strangers' quests. I'd forgotten how good it is!

Never lost a race and never had a decent horse, my tappa tappa tappa thing won every race and by a distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Horsey Go Button

Bwahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must finish the undead nightmare dlc actually

Beefy78 wrote: »
    To be honest, I try to keep the stallion that Bonnie gives you about seven or eight levels into the game for as long as possible.

He just got killed by a cougar as I was looking for some Red Sage.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Standing in the forest north of Blackwater and hearing something panting behind you only to turn and see a grizzly charging towards you.

Makes my heart jump every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chavways wrote: »
    Standing in the forest north of Blackwater and hearing something panting behind you only to turn and see a grizzly charging towards you.

Makes my heart jump every time.

Not quite so bad if you are on your horse, but hate it when you are on foot happily just skinning a critter and they are right there. Definitely puts the wind up you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

only heard of this game the other day.....sounds like i should pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

only heard of this game the other day.....sounds like i should pick it up

It'll be the best 20 euro you spend this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Chavways wrote: »
    It'll be the best 20 euro you spend this year.

Done.

Dammit i accidentally stole a horse and got shot by people I couldn't see....:(

I died. But now I'm in town and randomers are shooting at me for no reason. Can I shoot back without becoming wanted ?

Done.

Dammit i accidentally stole a horse and got shot by people I couldn't see....:(

I died. But now I'm in town and randomers are shooting at me for no reason. Can I shoot back without becoming wanted ?

Pay the bounty in the train station or kill everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just picked up Undead Nightmare recently and I'm kinda stuck at the moment.
    All the towns are safe zones and there's no more mission icons coming up on the map.
    Mexico is still blocked off so I don't know where to go.
    Any ideas??
    I did kill the last Sasquatch in the last mission I was doing. Not sure if I was meant to or not but he wasn't doing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just picked up Undead Nightmare recently and I'm kinda stuck at the moment.
    All the towns are safe zones and there's no more mission icons coming up on the map.
    Mexico is still blocked off so I don't know where to go.
    Any ideas??
    I did kill the last Sasquatch in the last mission I was doing. Not sure if I was meant to or not but he wasn't doing anything.

You need to find West Dicken's and he starts you on a mission that unlocks Mexico. He should be over at Solomons Folly.
    I didn't have the heart to kill the last Big Foot. I am a bit on in the game now and still find him rambling around at Tall Trees. :p

Advertisement