Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You need to find West Dicken's and he starts you on a mission that unlocks Mexico. He should be over at Solomons Folly.
    I didn't have the heart to kill the last Big Foot. I am a bit on in the game now and still find him rambling around at Tall Trees. :p
    I have met him already, he was in that little walled town that's at the start of the full game.
    Is that the place? I'll try going back and see if he's still there. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You do a fair few missions with him. What was the last one you have done?

Check out Solomon's Folly on the map.

red_dead_redemption_map.jpg

You do a fair few missions with him. What was the last one you did?
    I only did one mission with him and there was no icon to go back to him or anything.
    Here's how my map looks.

1351524660.582.iPicit.jpg

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I only did one mission with him and there was no icon to go back to him or anything.

Oh, I see. You've meet up at Mercer Fort.

You need to pick him some plants. Check out your journal in the start menu and click on the mission to see how many you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dickens is a dick.

Really wanted to kill him :(

• Advertisement

Oh, I see. You've meet up at Mercer Fort.

You need to pick him some plants. Check out your journal in the start menu and click on the mission to see how many you have.
    I was under the impression there would be a marker/icon for any remaining missions. I'll check out the journal later. Cheers.

I was under the impression there would be a marker/icon for any remaining missions. I'll check out the journal later. Cheers.

Not if you haven't completed a current mission though. You'll need to pick 5 of 2 different plants, one that is found at Gaptooth Ridge and other at Tall Trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Chavways wrote: »
    It'll be the best 20 euro you spend this year.

Lost my entire Sunday to this game. Got to Mexico and everything. You're a bunch of dicks for making me buy it :P

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dickens is a dick.

Really wanted to kill him :(

Ooooo yes and Irish too - for the accent alone not to mention the other stereotypes about him.

So whats this undead expansions pack thingy about ? Zombies an **** ?
    I may need to get that so.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Im thinking of picking this up as its so cheap these days.

I havent played it before but with all the great reviews it must be worth a tenner or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Im thinking of picking this up as its so cheap these days.

I havent played it before but with all the great reviews it must be worth a tenner or so.

It's worth 10 times that!

(On an aside, some map keeps getting blocked by my Anti-Virus on this page?! A gamerfuzion one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just picked up Undead Nightmare recently and I'm kinda stuck at the moment.
    All the towns are safe zones and there's no more mission icons coming up on the map.
    Mexico is still blocked off so I don't know where to go.
    Any ideas??
    I did kill the last Sasquatch in the last mission I was doing. Not sure if I was meant to or not but he wasn't doing anything.
    Is this the part where Nigel West Dickens is away looking for a way into Mexico, the game tells you to wait a few days but I did have a problem where he never appeared after playing around for ages. Look down around the scratching post which is where the mission should appear. South West US.

Didn't see that was answered!

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Is this the part where Nigel West Dickens is away looking for a way into Mexico, the game tells you to wait a few days but I did have a problem where he never appeared after playing around for ages. Look down around the scratching post which is where the mission should appear. South West US.

Didn't see that was answered!
    Yea, he doesn't seem to be reappearing for me either. I'll be giving it a blast soon enough and I'll look there.

Looks like we'd have the makings of a big posse.

Looks like we'd have the makings of a big posse.

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

??

Online multiplayer. Only drawback being some of said posse would be on PS3, and some on the Xbox.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Online multiplayer. Only drawback being some of said posse would be on PS3, and some on the Xbox.

Christ the single player has already sucked 2 days of my life and now your are telling me their is multiplayer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Christ the single player has already sucked 2 days of my life and now your are telling me their is multiplayer :(

Online a lot less fulfilling (for me anyway) for a few reasons.

Atrocious connection speed. (this is definitely only my issue, but still)

Sparse online community these days.

Spent so long getting Mr Marston to an ultimate killing/skinning/gambling machine on single player to go back to some bloke with a bowler hat riding a donkey in multiplayer is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm definitely up for Posse-ing up on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Same here (PSN: Korvanica). Sick of getting posse invites and just being killed by them... Jerks..

Started playing this again last week... and bought Undead Nightmare and the rest of the DLC last night. :) ... such a fun game...

Wish they were able to put the train and lassos into Multiplayer though ... would have been brilliant !

Korvanica wrote: »
    Wish they were able to put the train and lassos into Multiplayer though ... would have been brilliant !
    Wouldn't be much fun for the person hogtied in fairness. They could spend the whole game doing nothing :pac:

• Advertisement

So Bill and Dutch are dispatched with and now i have a bitchy wife a dorky kid and a herd of cattle - is that it ???? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Wouldn't be much fun for the person hogtied in fairness. They could spend the whole game doing nothing :pac:

But if you was hogtied a mini puzzle to set u free or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

So Bill and Dutch are dispatched with and now i have a bitchy wife a dorky kid and a herd of cattle - is that it ???? :pac:
    Oh, this should be interesting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cheers of the ending :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

ending made me cry :( why oh why god

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cheers of the ending :(

Well I'm not sure it is the ending !?! Also sorry its two years old i thought i was the last one to this party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Took me weeks to get to level 15 in Undead Overrun (Undead nightmare online mode)
    Everyone i played with treated it like a free-for-all instead of working as a team.

Anyone play that mode much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

falan wrote: »
    But if you was hogtied a mini puzzle to set u free or something..

And swear vengeance on the one that put you there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'd be up for it. Any kind of co-op really... i'm on PS3 btw...

• Advertisement

saiint wrote: »
    ending made me cry :( why oh why god

can't see that happening with me - only character i haven't wanted to shoot has been
    Nasta the Indian - and he was killed.
    The old world it nearly gone.... :pac:

I do have a sweet house however :)

Advertisement