Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Does anyone think buying the limited edition of Red Redemption would be worth it? Rather than buying the Standard version?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

jayteecork wrote: »
    Sorry to be anal but Texas hold'em was never played in the wild west.

Well I don't think they had dead eye either but they have to make the game exciting somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Does anyone else here think that the facial texture looks crap for this game.
    Its not bad by any means but with games like uncharted 2,heavy rain and all it looks ****.

As a matter of fact, it looks exactly like the facial texture used in gta 4.
    It must have something to do with the Euphoria game engine (both gta 4 and Red Dead redemption uses this engine).

Apart from that i think this is going to be a great game. I love sandbox games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Maybe because its rockstar... and thats how they roll ?

Besides red dead is gonna be HUGE compared to uncharted/heavy rain (In terms of content)

I think this will be game of the year.... easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

jmx009 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here think that the facial texture looks crap for this game.
    Its not bad by any means but with games like uncharted 2,heavy rain and all it looks ****.

This is because Uncharted and Heavy Rain were made exclusively for the PS3.
    Most multiplatform games are made by using the Xbox 360's capabilities, which are lesser than the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Crosáidí wrote: »
    This is because Uncharted and Heavy Rain were made exclusively for the PS3.
    Most multiplatform games are made by using the Xbox 360's capabilities, which are lesser than the PS3

Good point. I hope the 360 will burn in hell for this !

The special edition of Red Dead Redemption looks like a waste of money in my opinion, 15 quid extra just for a few software bonuses that you will unlock throughout the game in the standard edition anyway. It would make more sense if they made a special edition of the game like rockstar did for GTA IV. I wouldn't mind paying a few quid extra for something like this that I got for 70 euro on my holidays.gtaiv_special_pack_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

meh

all special editions are a load of rubbish intended only to seperate fools from their money imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Game Informer's review score is out, they gave it
    9.75/10, a better score than they gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 (9.25/10), tho not by much :D

Haven't seen the review online myself, but I read it over at CVG

Really looking forward to this now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

What's the cheapest this is ATM for pre-order?

Looking at the PS3 version.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    meh

all special editions are a load of rubbish intended only to seperate fools from their money imo

Very True indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Does anyone know if the limited edition content (THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT, THE WAR HORSE and Golden Guns) can be used in multiplayer??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

while the bonuses may be a waste you can only unlock this set if you have the download from pre-order or ce , meaning you don't just get them at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Helix wrote: »
    meh

To true and unfortunately i have been that fool. 150 squids for MW2 prestige edition. What a gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is a link to the Game Informer review scans

http://www.systemwars.com/forums/showthread.php?71151-RDR-Gameinformer-review-scans&

9.75 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1st review is out!

http://www.systemwars.com/forums/showthread.php?71151-RDR-Gameinformer-review-scans&

9.75 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The voice of pessimism returns; GTAIV got near perfect review scores too and we all know what a mess that was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

The voice of pessimism returns; GTAIV got near perfect review scores too and we all know what a mess that was!

Wash your filthy mouth! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    1st review is out!

9.75 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh god I seriously cannot wait for this, haven't looked forward to a game this much since.... ever!!! :D

I didn't see any mess, quite the opposite in fact!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

hmmm exclusive early review. Wouldn't swallow that one whole to be honest. I'm really looking forward to this game too but that score could be a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Big Knox wrote: »
    I didn't see any mess, quite the opposite in fact!! :confused:

Mess may have been too strong a word, however it was nowhere near as good as the reviews said it was. Most of my mates played it and if i were to ask any 5 of em how it ended, only one of them would actually be able to tell me as they got fed up with it halfway through. I myself have tried to complete 3 times now and i just couldn't be bothered playing through all it's similar missions, drive here, pick up something, kill some people, drop it off somewhere else.

When compared to III, Vice City or San Andreas it just doesn't cut it, they tried to make it realistic which was a huge mistake for a franchise that people loved for it's absurdity .

Mess may have been too strong a word, however it was nowhere near as good as the reviews said it was. Most of my mates played it and if i were to ask any 5 of em how it ended, only one of them would actually be able to tell me as they got fed up with it halfway through. I myself have tried to complete 3 times now and i just couldn't be bothered playing through all it's similar missions, drive here, pick up something, kill some people, drop it off somewhere else.

When compared to III, Vice City or San Andreas it just doesn't cut it, they tried to make it realistic which was a huge mistake for a franchise that people loved for it's absurdity .

Yeah i'll be honest and admit I never finished it either I did leave it about half way through. It was an excellent game and I actually enjoyed the more realistic approach but they took it too far it could have been a good mix and the game should have been alot shorter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

take that one with a pinch of salt lads

curiously the first rockstar game they havent given a 10 to in a long time

GI are in rs's pocket, so the lack of a maximum makes me kinda concerned that the game has issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again. When a dev says "It's the biggest open world game ever made" it really puts my guard up about a game. Now correct me if i'm wrong but i think san andreas has had the biggest play area and for me it never got boring. This i think had something to do with the cartoony feel to it.Then of course you have GTA4 which has been pointed out got real boring real fast.What else oh yeah Far cry 2, this was also mega big but how did they fill in the gaps. Enemy respawns every 5 minutes.So i guess my biggest worry with Red dead is the mode of transport i.e the horse. Don't get me wrong i can't wait to saddle up,but if it takes me twenty mins to get to my objective i shall be less than pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah they built the best environment ever seen in a game IMO but then they kind of messed it up with a combination of the characters, samey missions and all the pointless friendship stuff.

Look at this first person mod of the PC version. Sorry off-topic I know. (Awesome though)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hm4K5_Pr0

Can't embed it for some reason.

There is a great fact sheet on the IGN boards that have been kept updated. A ton of info on the game. Anything in green is new info and purple is not 100% confirmed or may change.

http://boards.ign.com/red_dead_revolver/b6186/187697867/p1

Lol that the author called it red dead revolver but it is def about redemption.

There is a great fact sheet on the IGN boards that has been kept updated. A ton of info on the game. Anything in green is new info and purple is not 100% confirmed or may change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

1st review is out!

9.75 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wow good score,really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There is a great fact sheet on the IGN boards that have been kept updated. A ton of info on the game. Anything in green is new info and purple is not 100% confirmed or may change.

That's a great list of features. I shouldn't of read it though. I can feel myself salivating. :(

Advertisement