Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone got any ideas on pre-ordering this??

Never been so confused as to pre-ordering with all the various shops having various pre-order bonuses. (As excited I am about the game, I HATE this practice with a passion)

(GAME) THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT: John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.

(Somewhere else) THE WAR HORSE: There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.

(AMAZON) THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK: The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

Any suggestions? The Limited Edition has all 3 and a soundtrack but for 20 quid extra, I just don't see it being worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm going to get red dead redemption, play it and listen to this song all day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I pre-ordered from Amazon. There was no mention of a bonus on the actual page though so I'm not sure if I'll get the Golden Guns.

I'm not all that into this 'pre-order bonus' rubbish myself, I only went with amazon because I can see it being a small bit cheaper than walking into Game and buying it there. The bonuses, I think, might make the game too easy, and that could take from the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Never been so confused as to pre-ordering with all the various shops having various pre-order bonuses. (As excited I am about the game, I HATE this practice with a passion)

(GAME) THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT: John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.

(Somewhere else) THE WAR HORSE: There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.

(AMAZON) THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK: The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

Any suggestions? The Limited Edition has all 3 and a soundtrack but for 20 quid extra, I just don't see it being worth it.

You will probably be able to get those bonuses eventually, by normal playthrough, so why bother taking away half the fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

F1ngers wrote: »
    You will probably be able to get those bonuses eventually, by normal playthrough, so why bother taking away half the fun?

Yea, they pre order stuff is a bit stupid I think. If the stuff was really that good, then they would be included in the game right off the bat.

Whats the story with native Americans/ indians in the game? I havent heard much about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

One trivial thing that pops out at me;

When you position the camera while riding it stays at your preferred height, rather than floating downwards like in GTA

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Really can't wait for this game, pity my last exam is on the 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here are 2 previews from IGN. 1 is playing as a bad guy and the other as a good guy.

Some spoilers about missions but a great read.

The Hero:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088605p1.html

The Outlaw:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088375p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've said it before and will no doubt say it again. When a dev says "It's the biggest open world game ever made" it really puts my guard up about a game. Now correct me if i'm wrong but i think san andreas has had the biggest play area and for me it never got boring. This i think had something to do with the cartoony feel to it.Then of course you have GTA4 which has been pointed out got real boring real fast.What else oh yeah Far cry 2, this was also mega big but how did they fill in the gaps. Enemy respawns every 5 minutes.So i guess my biggest worry with Red dead is the mode of transport i.e the horse. Don't get me wrong i can't wait to saddle up,but if it takes me twenty mins to get to my objective i shall be less than pleased.

You can do quick travel by train, stagecoach and if you're in the wild you can set up camp and quick travel back to any town you've already been too!!

Here are 2 previews from IGN. 1 is playing as a bad guy and the other as a good guy.

Some spoilers about missions but a great read.

The Hero:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088605p1.html

The Outlaw:
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088375p1.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Does anyone know when the embargo on the reviews will be lifted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The 17th. 1 day before it comes out in the US :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    you would need a crazy pc to play this although i could see there being some funny mods.
    Why? The xbox is as old as the hills by PC standards. Surely a PC could run something made for what is essentially a very out of date PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why? The xbox is as old as the hills by PC standards. Surely a PC could run something made for what is essentially a very out of date PC.

Most high end PC these days can't even play GTAIV with full settings so i' say RDR will be the same.

Source: Digital Foundry.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most high end PC these days can't even play GTAIV with full settings so i' say RDR will be the same.

Actually Rockstar made a patch (think 1.060 if memory serves) which makes the game play very well on high on decent mid spec pcs, think ill have to try out that 1st person mod, looks fun :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its still a hog of a game!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its still a hog of a game!

I can now play it on high and its playable with the new patch :) , before it ran like crap and looked crap to boot, so in fairness they did something which did fix it, for me anyhow it helped big time :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The devs are being interview live on Kotaku now.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this. Little over a week left now and thankfully i'm getting good play time out of the World Cup game to make the wait that bit easier.

Can't wait to go horse-back online with a few of the lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Someone on the xbox thread rang tesco and said it is out this friday!!

probably a mistake tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

skelliser wrote: »
    Someone on the xbox thread rang tesco and said it is out this friday!!

probably a mistake tho.

yea i read that but can't see it happening, maybe a day or two early but not a full week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Definitely a mistake, sure there is a review embargo up until the 17th I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

OPM UK gave it a 10/10 rating.

Looks like RDR is turning out to be a great game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246436

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Official launch trailer. Bloody hell.... :eek:
    Roll on Friday week.

Beat me to it Mr. E!!!!

Just watched that trailer. wasn't even thinking of the story but it looks class with some good voice acting! Got 3 westerns to watch this weekend to tide me over. The Wild Bunch spose to be any good?

I heard somewhere that online won't be accessible for a few weeks? Anyone hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Beat me to it Mr. E!!!!

The Wild Bunch spose to be any good?

Short answer YES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Thanks to that trailer colour me excited!!! Now here's hoping that the PS3 version stacks up against the 360 one cos i has no choice :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Don't confuse a very badly ported game and what gaming PC's can really do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So i have this game ordered and will be picking it up first thing, looking forward to the free roam stuff anyone up for it on the day add me Dreadaxe (mention boards in the message)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looks good. Seems like a huge game but I'm very much looking forward to this. Alan Wake will keep me occupied until next week. :)

Advertisement