Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There was a few people streaming gameplay yesterday. Game looks great. Try ustream or Justin.tv. Watch out for spoilers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No need for a new thread on this. Merging with main RDR thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

LpPepper wrote: »
    Just found this a while ago . Heard some footage was leaked and well google done the rest !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VntqZ-KbNic&feature=player_embedded#!

Its not my video or anything
    That looks kick ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This guy will be putting up streams throughout the day. Saw some amount of gameplay last night, getting drunk, poker, hunting, horse shoes, racing, etc. Cant wait for this game

http://www.livestream.com/kozlov

Those vids above were taken down. The R* ninjas are on full alert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This guy will be putting up streams throughout the day. Saw some amount of gameplay last night, getting drunk, poker, hunting, horse shoes, racing, etc. Cant wait for this game

http://www.livestream.com/kozlov

Those vids above were taken down. The R* ninjas are on full alert!
    Its live now.

• Advertisement

This is like the build up to GTA 4, leaked videos and live streams pondering the question ''will i watch it?!.. or just wait''.

Shame we aren't getting it on Tuesday like the Americans, we got MW2 on a Tuesday, but the majority are Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Shame we aren't getting it on Tuesday like the Americans, we got MW2 on a Tuesday, but the majority are Friday.

IMO Friday makes more sense to release a game. You have all weekend to play it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is that a joke? I will never be wearing that 'costume'

Looks like something that would've been worn back then to me. I've seen plenty a similar outfit on Deadwood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

keep an eye hear lads, reviews are starting to fly out today now...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/reddeadredemption

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

somehow I've managed to avoid all the hype for this. So gonna keep it that way until I play the game, and then I'll read the reviews etc.. haven't even seen a trailer for it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

keep an eye hear lads, reviews are starting to fly out today now...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/reddeadredemption

any chance of a cut and paste. No access to this site. God damm you work firewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

padair wrote: »
    any chance of a cut and paste. No access to this site. God damm you work firewall

There is nothing there yet, the game still has a M score of xx. There won't be anything there on till this evening at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

There is nothing there yet, the game still has a M score of xx. There won't be anything there on till this evening at the earliest.

Apart from the 98 that Game Informer already gave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

correction sir, scrool down and you shalsee what you shal see;)

98%

Game Informer

The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [Issue#206, p.86]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I pre-ordered this game on Amazon a good few weeks ago and kind of forgot about it as the release date hadn't even been set. Just been on youtube checking out some of the trailers and gameplay footage. All I can say is "WOW", this game is gonna rock. Having played through Episodes from Liberty City, has wetted my appetite for this one. Roll on whatever day it gets delivered in the post !

I wonder whether they'll run a TV ad campaign ala GTA IV ? Can't wait to start playing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

TinCool wrote: »
    I wonder whether they'll run a TV ad campaign ala GTA IV ? Can't wait to start playing this one.

I was flicking through the channels last night and came across an ad for it. Only saw a few seconds of it mind so can't really comment.

Yeah I saw the ad 5 or 6 times last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Was gonna pick this up on friday but have read alot of so-so to bad player reviews so think I'll hold off for a while. GTA4 left a bad taste in my mouth so no rash purchase this time Rockstar lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

They had ads playing on ITV during the FA Cup final. I was depressed thinking I had to wait another week to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Got 9.8 from IGN UK - cant wait til friday

Venom wrote: »
    Was gonna pick this up on friday but have read alot of so-so to bad player reviews so think I'll hold off for a while. GTA4 left a bad taste in my mouth so no rash purchase this time Rockstar lol.

GTA IV left a rather peachey taste in my mouth, played it for hours on end and just recently replayed the whole game a few months back still think it's great. 2 thumbs up for my rash purchasing for this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

GTA IV left a rather peachey taste in my mouth, played it for hours on end and just recently replayed the whole game a few months back still think it's great. 2 thumbs up for my rash purchasing for this month.

I picked up GTA IV again after finishing it not long after it came out.

I had completely forgotten how f*cking awful the framerate is. I played about 5 minutes before i had to shut if off to go back to Just Cause 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

GTA IV is not only one of the few games i own that Iv yet to complete but the only game Iv tried multiple times to get into and never made it past 50%. Horrid characters, dull game play and serious lack of fun compared to the other GTA games.

GTA IV is not only one of the few games i own that Iv yet to complete but the only game Iv tried multiple times to get into and never made it past 50%. Horrid characters, dull game play and serious lack of fun compared to the other GTA games.

Okay, so you don't like it. Each to their own. May be they'll mod it and add in BFG9000's and railguns haha :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have you tried the Liberty City stories? I also never really got into GTA4, but have recently heard that Rockstar went back to focusing on good fun with the DLC's, and was considering getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

IGN Review :

• Advertisement

Weird that eurogamer only gave it an 8. It's been getting high 9s and 10s from everywhere else.
    Though reading through the article you'd think the score at the end was gonna be a 9, they didn't have too many complaints.

Advertisement