Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Removal on legs

• 08-04-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

This is prob asked a thousand times but one more cant hurt! :)
    I'm going away on Sunday, and was gona get my legs waxed, but last time I got them waxed, the hairs just kinda broke, so I was shaving a couple of days later, and they felt really stubbly. So what I was thinking was just using a hair removal cream?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use hair removal cream and the following day, I have stubble.

With waxing apparently there is no stubble/hair growth for a couple of days/weeks? I have never had my legs waxed so I can't be sure this is true.

The hair removal creams I use (not all at once, obviously) are

http://www.veet.ie/veet-hair-removal-cream-pump.php
    http://www.veet.ie/veet-in-shower-hair-removal-cream-300ml.php

I found with the in-shower cream after I first used it, when the hairs grew back, they were finer and I don't have to use as much cream now as I did before I started using it. I get about 2.5 months from one bottle of it, whereas before, I'd be lucky if one bottle lasted a month. My mam used it (in-shower cream) one and said it was just the same as any other hair-removal creams.

There is also a 'supreme cream' or 'dream cream' (or whatever it is called) in a red bottle in Dunnes Stores, it looks good, but I don't know how good it is to be honest as I've never used it. If I remember correctly, I think the price was around €7 euros.

The veet creams I use cost around €12+ each, but I get the big bottle (pump, 300ml bottle) and I get good use out of them, so imo, they are worth the extra few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Brilliant I might try the Veet shower one, and bring the tube with me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

SarahJ wrote: »
    Brilliant I might try the Veet shower one, and bring the tube with me :p
    Also, I find, if you use a spatula to put the cream on, you use less as you get an even amount, and use the rough side of the spone to was off/take off the cream, and rub the spong in circular motions.

Have fun while your away!

Advertisement